hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yannick Zambernardi. TBF I cannot recall if he was liked or not but he was always cool and composed under pressure, could pick a (40 yard) pass and was Hibs class.

Stuart Lovell - massively under rated, always speaks highly of Hibs too. Class act.
    Lovell - agree

Justin Skinner - composed and excellent passer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    David Zitelli - Great player, brilliant left foot, very talented always happy when he played

Alex McGhee - From a late 70's, banged in goals at every reserve game but didn't quite make the first team from what I can remember

Joe McBride - Again, magic left foot and remember scoring 2 at *********** in a 2-2 draw during the early/mid 80's

Ulrik Laursen - Tremendous, very lucky to have him when we did, really hacked off when he left like Murphy

These were Hbs heroes at the time...can't imagine they weren't the favourites of most

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Andy Watson - I remember him scoring a wonderful goal at Tannadice. Cut in from left hand side and curled a right footer into the top corner! John Collins also scored that day if my memory serves me correct.

I liked Tony Rougier. Sorry if already mentioned. He was unpredictable.

Lewis Stevenson

Vaz Te

Anderson (Goal Keeper)

John Rankin - more reliable than he was given credit for.

Tony Rougier - always predictably unpredictable

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simkin911 View Post
    Andy Watson - I remember him scoring a wonderful goal at Tannadice. Cut in from left hand side and curled a right footer into the top corner! John Collins also scored that day if my memory serves me correct.
    Andy Watson was unfairly targeted from the 1st minute of his career at hibs. Movement was great and always available for a pass.

Testimonial Due
    My father in law really rated jimmy scott.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    My father in law really rated jimmy scott.
    Being honest I think he was good too. Surprised how poorly he's regarded with some, I'd not have let him go personally.

Gary Caldwell - I always laughed when I read on here week after week all how so many thought Caldwell was rubbish. I wonder if any of those posters have maybe amended their opinion of him after seeing some of the defences we've had since he left. First pick and sometimes captain for Hibs, Celtic and Scotland under Tony Mowbray, Gordon Strachan, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith and others. Also a regular in the English Premier League and Championship. I wonder why all these excellent managers and coaches rated him so highly when Hibs fans seemed to wish him gone. The treatment he received from a significant number of Hibs fans was an embarassment. F*&%'s sake - many Hibees habitually used the epithet "Calamity" before they wrote his name - and that was when he played FOR us

[QUOTE=GreenOnions;3914240]Gary Caldwell - I always laughed when I read on here week after week all how so many thought Caldwell was rubbish. I wonder if any of those posters have maybe amended their opinion of him after seeing some of the defences we've had since he left. First pick and sometimes captain for Hibs, Celtic and Scotland under Tony Mowbray, Gordon Strachan, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith and others. Also a regular in the English Premier League and Championship. I wonder why all these excellent managers and coaches rated him so highly when Hibs fans seemed to wish him gone. The treatment he received from a significant number of Hibs fans was an embarassment. F*&

Sorry but i was one of they people although I thought Caldwell was a fair player he lost us Celtic and Scotland goals and you could always depend on him to have a mare from time to time. Hibs supporters weren't the only one's who wanted him gone, once you got past him there was no recovery.

As I am a tad older I will go for Cilla [ Jim Black ] who was paert of one of the best Hibs defences I have seen Brownlee, Blackley, Black, Schaedler.

Brian Hamilton - McGinlay replaced him and was better...but I felt we lost shape that season (94/95 IIRC)
    David Farrell - always gave his all
    Danny Lennon - first time I saw him against Aberdeen at home I thought he was amazing (!)
    Paul Lovering - Loved his attitude
    Paul Hartley - Thought he was brilliant - gutted we let him go...

Other football players?

Me - I like me a lot. Everyone else thinks I play football like a small one legged penguin. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Gary Caldwell - I always laughed when I read on here week after week all how so many thought Caldwell was rubbish. I wonder if any of those posters have maybe amended their opinion of him after seeing some of the defences we've had since he left. First pick and sometimes captain for Hibs, Celtic and Scotland under Tony Mowbray, Gordon Strachan, Alex McLeish, Walter Smith and others. Also a regular in the English Premier League and Championship. I wonder why all these excellent managers and coaches rated him so highly when Hibs fans seemed to wish him gone. The treatment he received from a significant number of Hibs fans was an embarassment. F*&%'s sake - many Hibees habitually used the epithet "Calamity" before they wrote his name - and that was when he played FOR us
    In the interests of accuracy it was actually Captain Calamity

I liked Caldwell though

Here's one from the past = Hugh Hamill
    This is how it feels

Paul holsgrove?? Was that his name?? I thought he was decent.... And wee Chris Jackson, loved him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Steven Thicot - Wrongly played.
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Iwould have left it at that..
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I loved Zambernardi, but it's being kind to say he could pick a pass. He looked the part with his long diagonals, but they went to nobody as often as the found a man.
    Top quality stuff…

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    I really liked Peter Guggi and never understood how he hardly played and then vanished

1 player who I think was a 7/8 out of 10 every week with sir sauzee next to him - Paul Fenwick.

Joe Keenan

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Steven Tweed

Left by mutual consent!
    Justin Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I really liked Peter Guggi and never understood how he hardly played and then vanished
    Snap - people go on about some sort of scandal?