hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Howard Webb

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    wasnt that interesting.

I found it quite interesting - not least his "crucial" penalties against the averge EPL ref's "crucial" penalties stats. The pre and post 2010 World Cup stats are interesting also.

I like Webb as a referee, but I think he's had a very poor season by his usual standards.

Would be interesting to see similar analysis of Craig Thompson and Hibs...if only to see whose brave enough to sit through 177 SPL games!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was interesting & revealing. Webb's reluctance to give big decisions at the end of games has potential to change the way teams play the game e.g. defenders much more likely to dive into tackles knowing there's less risk of giving pens away.

This is the same as a Thomson effect when teams play Hibs, knowing they can dish it out with relative impunity.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found it quite interesting - not least his "crucial" penalties against the averge EPL ref's "crucial" penalties stats. The pre and post 2010 World Cup stats are interesting also.

I like Webb as a referee, but I think he's had a very poor season by his usual standards.

Would be interesting to see similar analysis of Craig Thompson and Hibs...if only to see whose brave enough to sit through 177 SPL games!
    Someone has done it- there's another thread with a link to the article.

His performance in The World Cup Final was a disgrace, he basically allowed Holland to kick the winners off the park, fortunately for my wallet it didnae work!