hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hibernian v Craig Thomson (by tomf) (Merged threads)

Is it time to petition the SPFL about the chronic poor decisions we have faced at the hands of Craig Thomson?

Can someone in the know start one electronically, surly we must be able to get 10k names on a petition to say we don't want him near Hibs ever again.

They can chose to ignore it but we need to take a stand against the lack of the lack of professionalism shown,I have nothing against the man personally, but I don't believe we get a fair go, when he is in charge.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it time to petition the SPFL about the chronic poor decisions we have faced at the hands of Craig Thomson?

Can someone in the know start one electronically, surly we must be able to get 10k names on a petition to say we don't want him near Hibs ever again.

They can chose to ignore it but we need to take a stand against the lack of the lack of professionalism shown,I have nothing against the man personally, but I don't believe we get a fair go, when he is in charge.

GGTTH
    I do for that exact reason, the gimp is a cheat and he does not even hide it now.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    What's he done now?

Anyway you could probably get 20k signatures and it wouldn't make a difference - and rightly so otherwise rangers and Celtc would whittle down the neutral refs even further.

No better still IMO to campaign for a completely independent (non Scottish) review body to assess consistency and identify any glaring instances of bias (hard to prove). Either that or non-Scottish officials which won't happen either.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post

GGTTH
    That's exactly what they'll do. Complete waste of time.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    You would need to prove that his decisions for the other teams he referees are not equally as dodgy.

And, given that he hasn't been picked to go to Brazil, I doubt that's possible.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    What's he done now?

Anyway you could probably get 20k signatures and it wouldn't make a difference - and rightly so otherwise rangers and Celtc would whittle down the neutral refs even further.

No better still IMO to campaign for a completely independent (non Scottish) review body to assess consistency and identify any glaring instances of bias (hard to prove). Either that or non-Scottish officials which won't happen either.
    Sadly I feel you are correct. that said there is always nine ways to skin a rabbit.

I'd really like to see referees held to account a bit more, not just Thomson, but mainly Thomson.
    Was there ever an explanation from the ref in the Raith Rovers game as to why he over ruled the linesman for the offside goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You would need to prove that his decisions for the other teams he referees are not equally as dodgy.

And, given that he hasn't been picked to go to Brazil, I doubt that's possible.
    He's been picked to go to Brazil because he never makes mistakes.

Well, in the eyes of the SFA he never makes mistakes.......

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    I'd really like to see referees held to account a bit more, not just Thomson, but mainly Thomson.
    Was there ever an explanation from the ref in the Raith Rovers game as to why he over ruled the linesman for the offside goal?
    Because hibs don't make a song and dance about it.....pointless anyway as the gfa just ignore it....they always back the refs...end of.
    Slightly off topic, but what they need to lok at is the massive imbalance in playing power in Scottish football.....Celtc already 21 points clear...how do we make the league competitive again ?
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    I don't think he is anti hibs I just think he's a very very poor referee, we would be better trying for a review in the standards of all refs in Scotland because although he's IMO the worst he's not alone by any stretch of the imagination.
    their not accountable for any bad performances, down south errors are punished by moving down to championship or lower, here the same refs get the big occasions consistently.
    the guy who ref'd the last derby was the best I've seen all season and I can't remember seeing him in charge of a SPL game since

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I don't think he is anti hibs I just think he's a very very poor referee, we would be better trying for a review in the standards of all refs in Scotland because although he's IMO the worst he's not alone by any stretch of the imagination.
    their not accountable for any bad performances, down south errors are punished by moving down to championship or lower, here the same refs get the big occasions consistently.
    the guy who ref'd the last derby was the best I've seen all season and I can't remember seeing him in charge of a SPL game since
    Probably being punished for letting Hibs win a derby.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Has he?

Not according to this http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...ed_neutral.pdf
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Sorry, misread your post. On the phone, small text, old eyes

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I kind of look forward now to games where Craig Thomson is in charge. An extra hurdle to overcome making victory sweeter and guaranteed a lengthy list of crazy decisions which gives us the opportunity to direct abuse in his direction, and who can honestly say they get no pleasure from barracking referees, Thomson in particular?

That would be the same Bobby Madden that was absolutely atrocious on Saturday with some baffling calls both ways.

Blog Entries
    Except of course the Hibs v Ross County game last weekend. And Partick v Ross County. And Celtic v Motherwell.

But apart form that you make a good point...

Source http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/bo...hter_2214.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That would be the same Bobby Madden that was absolutely atrocious on Saturday with some baffling calls both ways.
    What was absolutely atrocious, and what was baffling? I thought apart from one booking RC should have had he was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I kind of look forward now to games where Craig Thomson is in charge. An extra hurdle to overcome making victory sweeter and guaranteed a lengthy list of crazy decisions which gives us the opportunity to direct abuse in his direction, and who can honestly say they get no pleasure from barracking referees, Thomson in particular?

How are you getting to Kilmarnock?

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post
    What was absolutely atrocious, and what was baffling? I thought apart from one booking RC should have had he was very good.
    It's not about bookings, he got a lot of simple throw ins and free kicks wrong, the amount of times his assistant and he just looked at each other not knowing what way to give a decision... It probably says a lot about the standard of these guys that he was "very good" on Saturday in some eyes. But yes the booking they should have had was as easy a decision you'll see, just a cynical foul and he just waved the boy away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It's not about bookings, he got a lot of simple throw ins and free kicks wrong, the amount of times his assistant and he just looked at each other not knowing what way to give a decision... It probably says a lot about the standard of these guys that he was "very good" on Saturday in some eyes. But yes the booking they should have had was as easy a decision you'll see, just a cynical foul and he just waved the boy away.
    First part is wrong.
    Different refs give different instructions to their assistants. What was clear on Saturday was that if the ref wasn't 100% sure he would look to his linesman before signalling, and they did this 5 or 6 times. I've been on the lines for refs who work like this, it's difficult to pull off without looking like you're hesitating, but it's actually a good way to do it and use your linesmen properly (unlike the muppet the previous week with the offside goal).

If the worst we've got to complain about is a few incorrect throws (and I genuinely can't remember any, as it happens) and a booking that should have been then we're setting a damn sight higher bar than is possibly fair.

If we play better and score more goals it doesnt matter who the ref is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The clock is ticking faster and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The clock is ticking faster and faster.
    haha. An announcement is coming very soon...

First Team Breakthrough
    Not sure if a fans' petition to the SPFL would have any effect as more influence coming directly from the Club. I emailed them after the celtic game (won't get a reply as they don not reply on "Footballing Matters"):

"I would like to congratulate the team on their performance yesterday in spite of the extremely adverse conditions in which the match was played. The result was certainly not a true reflection of their efforts but was clearly influenced by the performance of one individual on the field of play, namely Craig Thomson.

This referee has a consistent history of making decisions against our club, or not making decisions in favour of our club, which was more than evident once again during yesterday's match. It is clearly time that the Board of Hibernian which so recently publicly championed the cause of "sporting integrity" make a stand against this individual who clearly wishes ill to our team. Failure to do so would surely only reinforce the opinion in some quarters that as a Club we are "soft" and unwilling to tackle difficult and sometimes controversial issues.

I like many of my fellow Hibs supporters will not contemplate attending any matches in which Craig Thomson is involved, such is the strength of feeling against this individual and his blatant anti-Hibs bias. Whilst I realise this will have a negative impact financially on the Club and also on the support for our players, I feel it is one of the few meaningful tactics which can be adopted to deal with this issue. The Board must take the lead on this issue and stand up for our supporters and our Club who are being cheated by this man."

Also noted that he gave St Mirren a penalty against Dundee Utd from roughly the same position he was standing in when Collins went down in the Celtic game - only difference being (in my opinion which I thnk TV pictures confirm) ours was a definite penalty whilst theirs was dubious to say the least.

We are soft as a Club if we do not do something about this cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Scoring goals doesn't matter much if the Referees are allowing goals that aren't goals for the opposition (vs Raith) and not allowing goals that are goals for Hibs (vs Ross County).

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

I very much doubt he does make mistakes in our games, it's premeditated cheating.

[QUOTE=Biggie;3910503]Because hibs don't make a song and dance about it.....pointless anyway as the gfa just ignore it....they always back the refs...end of.
    Slightly off topic, but what they need to lok at is the massive imbalance in playing power in Scottish football.....Celtc already 21 points clear...how do we make the league competitive again ?[/QUOTE

Capping the wages or, have a maximum wage budget and if Selick choose to pay an imported player 70% while dividing the other 30% of their wage budget amongst the rest, then so be it!!!!

Back on topic, I blame the refs for the disappearance of fans at all clubs... If Scottish football had decent refs that were willing to allow the game flow instead of needlessly blowing the whistle for a wee fandan tripping over his own laces, then people might just pay to watch a game of football rather than watch a ref blow his whistle every other forty seconds...

Know a couple of guys that have mumbled the refs have been influential in their disappearance and it wasn't solely down to Hibs and Utd being poor over the last decade...

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post
    First part is wrong.
    Different refs give different instructions to their assistants. What was clear on Saturday was that if the ref wasn't 100% sure he would look to his linesman before signalling, and they did this 5 or 6 times. I've been on the lines for refs who work like this, it's difficult to pull off without looking like you're hesitating, but it's actually a good way to do it and use your linesmen properly (unlike the muppet the previous week with the offside goal).

If the worst we've got to complain about is a few incorrect throws (and I genuinely can't remember any, as it happens) and a booking that should have been then we're setting a damn sight higher bar than is possibly fair.
    Not true at all... The ref quite clearly doesn't know which way to give it, so looks at his assistant for help, who is scared to make a call so therefore 5 seconds later the ref guesses as he hasn't a clue which way to give it...

Not giving a booking is a big call in itself as it totally alters a way in which that player plays for the rest of the game of he is given the yellow, and just gives him another tackle if he isn't given it... And I mean that was as blatant a booking your likely to see as he totally scythed down the player to stop hibs attacking as I think we were 2 on 2 or 3 on 2.

And throw ins and corners are the very least I'd expect even an average referee to get correct.. I can sympathise with goal line calls and offsides and fouls that happen at high speed and can be hard to call but not simple little decisions!

The only thing id praise madden for was hibs allowing of advantage but even then that sometimes lasted 2 or 3 passes which was pretty lengthy!

[QUOTE=JustSimplyHibs;3910671]
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Because hibs don't make a song and dance about it.....pointless anyway as the gfa just ignore it....they always back the refs...end of.
    Slightly off topic, but what they need to lok at is the massive imbalance in playing power in Scottish football.....Celtc already 21 points clear...how do we make the league competitive again ?[/QUOTE

Capping the wages or, have a maximum wage budget and if Selick choose to pay an imported player 70% while dividing the other 30% of their wage budget amongst the rest, then so be it!!!!

Back on topic, I blame the refs for the disappearance of fans at all clubs... If Scottish football had decent refs that were willing to allow the game flow instead of needlessly blowing the whistle for a wee fandan tripping over his own laces, then people might just pay to watch a game of football rather than watch a ref blow his whistle every other forty seconds...

Know a couple of guys that have mumbled the refs have been influential in their disappearance and it wasn't solely down to Hibs and Utd being poor over the last decade...
    In Germany Bayern Munich are 15 points clear ...... money talks and until some form of financial parity is introduced to all leagues in Europe the rich will prevail ....... simple.

Thomson

After the recent Celtic game a number of fans posted some comprehensve statistics and I created an article including that data for publication on this site concerning Mr Thomson. As far as I am aware it hasn't yet been published but I am willing to send the article to any media outlet that might give it more than a cursory glance. All I can say is that the statistics should be of concern to Hibernian Football Club and the football and refereeing authorities. However, my view is that no-one will take notice unless it gets taken up by the media and I do believe that there are decent journalists out there who are concerned about fair play and Scottish football's reputation. I imagine that the article will be pubished here soon but in the meantime, if anyone can give me names or contact details of any journalists they think might be prepared to give it some attention, I am happy to email it to them.