hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Lewis Stevenson

That was a fantastic shift from Lewis and I was very pleased that the sponsors gave him man of the match.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Agree. He is much better in left midfield than at left back. Well done Lewis!
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The left side looked much stronger with Mcgivern at left back largely down to the great cover he gets from Lewis.
    Lewis was also a great going forward and deservedly got motm, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    I'm sure I read on here that he epitomises everything that is wrong with our club? Can't be the same player?

Really deserved mom today

Sent from my iphone

Him and McGivern are a great combination on the left

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The left side looked much stronger with Mcgivern at left back largely down to the great cover he gets from Lewis.
    Lewis was also a great going forward and deservedly got motm, imho.
    He did everything today.

He covers for Hanlon and Nelson when they go forward at corners, he makes lung bursting run after run to give options, he tackles, he supports McGivern, and he provides crosses into the box. His energy is almost boundless.

The through ball to Haynes in the second half was inches from being perfect and is exactly the type of ball we've been missing.

Well done to the Sect 43 team for acknowledging his efforts with his own song.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That was a fantastic shift from Lewis and I was very pleased that the sponsors gave him man of the match.
    Shame or resident MB expert has been sent on gardeners leave as I'm sure he'd have something to say bout this.

Well done Lewis

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    I am genuinely in love with lewis stevenson. What a boy. What a hibs boy.

Total commitment from Lewis - now to install the same passion in the other 10 players

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Thought Stanton was the best player on the park
    by a country mile and should have won the man of the match .

Ggtth

Very decent performance from Lewis today, thoroughly deserved his man of the match. Fantastic fitness level, still making lung bursting runs right to the end of the game.
    A few more players could do worse than adopt the same levels of commitment.

First Team Regular
    Be interesting to see how many miles the lad covers in a match, just keeps going

Thought he had a cracking game today

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love him

@hibs.net private member
    Played very well today and his energy was amazing. Great round of applause when his MOTM was awarded and shows that hard work and dedication will always win over fans. He may not have the right personality for it but shows every other quality I would like in a Hibs Captain.

Our 1st choice left midfielder.

If we had 11 with the work ethic and determination of Lewis we'd be ok. Although that's unfair because there is far more to his game than just working hard.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Lew - is Ste - ven - son

A Lewis Stevenson love in on the net shockeroonie, still credit where credit is due he deseved his award today and just pipped Danny Handling for me. Onwards and Upwards.

:tbgwa:

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Thought he did well today and deserved his motm.

He did everything today.

He covers for Hanlon and Nelson when they go forward at corners, he makes lung bursting run after run to give options, he tackles, he supports McGivern, and he provides crosses into the box. His energy is almost boundless.

The through ball to Haynes in the second half was inches from being perfect and is exactly the type of ball we've been missing.

Stevenson's pass to Haynes should have been bread and butter and that's where he falls short for a creative position to me.

Harris played the pass of the match to Handling but because he didn't win many 50/50s he apparently isn't worthy of first team football in some peoples eyes. The Scottish footballing mentality.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    What a player......100% every game.....keep up the good work Lewis...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Stevenson's pass to Haynes should have been bread and butter and that's where he falls short for a creative position to me.

Harris played the pass of the match to Handling but because he didn't win many 50/50s he apparently isn't worthy of first team football in some peoples eyes. The Scottish footballing mentality.
    I've mentioned Harris's reluctance to put in a challenge on another thread. I don't think anyone is suggesting or expecting him to be a ball winner. However, it was clear to me today that he is still protecting himself and on a few occasions in the second half we were lucky to get away with not losing an equaliser from moves that stemmed from Harris not competing for the ball.

@hibs.net private member

Harris is an undoubted talent, he was poor today though...looks like he has lost his confidence....one nice pass isn't enough to stay in the team....Stevenson provided much more to the team today

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Harris was poor today, looked low on confidence and not worthy of a starting place, one great pass can't disguise the fact, nothing to do with Scottish footballing mentality. Hopefully he will continue to grow as a player and live up to his early expectation. Stevenson was immense and deserved his MOTM award.

First Team Breakthrough
    Lewis was a machine today. Up and down that left touchline all day today and still looked like he couldvit for another 90 mins at full time. That through-ball to Haynes was only off by millimeters too

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Alex needs game time in the U-20s and I am certain he would be happier after a couple of weeks there rather than the flak he is getting now based on perceived shortcomings or unrealistically high expectations.

He never won any 50/50s and one pass wont change the mentality of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I've mentioned Harris's reluctance to put in a challenge on another thread. I don't think anyone is suggesting or expecting him to be a ball winner. However, it was clear to me today that he is still protecting himself and on a few occasions in the second half we were lucky to get away with not losing an equaliser from moves that stemmed from Harris not competing for the ball.
    Said same today, seems reluctant to tackle just now

Sent from my iphone

Noticed that the MOM announcement was greeted with a lot of warmth from the fans and no wonder. I wish folk would stop implying he's some kind of boo boys target -he's one of the most popular players we have and has been for most of his time at Hibs.

It would be criminal if he was moved away from that left midfield spot now, especially if it's to cover another position. Let him stay there until his form dictates otherwise. He's been excellent in that role.

He did everything today.

Agrre with this 100%.

Got to say good on the guys for the song BUt it must be the worst ever song for a player.. sorry, I'm getting the guitar out now and will try to do better.
    Last edited by Emerald; 15-02-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was everywhere. Take a bow Lewy!