hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: todays ref

Left by mutual consent!

todays ref

Seeing as we won today im guessing the ref was OK? Notice theres always a thread about the ref every time we lose.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    He was sh**te

He was poor I thought - I actually go to games expecting a bad ref (that's the sad state of Scottish reffing) - we rarely get a decent ref - win, lose or draw.

Numerous times let players dictate what was happening plus gave some confusing freekicks.

The only thing I thought he was ok at was giving advantage then pulling it back if no advantage gained.

Should have given the County fullback a yellow for blatant foul in 2nd half of Forster.

Left by mutual consent!
    You remember not so long ago they had foreign refs in the SPL for one game? what a difference.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He was fine.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    The refs at ER recently have been embarrassing.

Was he really that bad? He was certainly consistent, particularly with playing advantage and then going back for the foul if there was no advantage gained. That's how RC got the free kick for their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was he really that bad? He was certainly consistent, particularly with playing advantage and then going back for the foul if there was no advantage gained. That's how RC got the free kick for their goal.
    There did appear to be a few occasions where he played advantage allowed them to make a couple of passes lose the ball then brought it back. Not sure that's quite how advantage works.

So was the third for us a goal and why was it chalked off ?

Didn't think he was to bad tbh,tried to let the game flow with the advantage rule,was let down by the linesmen though, 7/10 for me

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Thought Haynes had scored.Will be interesting to watch it on sportscene

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Thought Haynes had scored.Will be interesting to watch it on sportscene
    Dinnae be daft, Sportscene will not show it as they don't do positive highlights with Hibs.

They skim over the game as quick as they can. Haven't watched it in years.

Few controversial decisions to be made but allowed players to steal yards at throw-ins and free kicks. Also stretched advantage beyond the limit.

He was baws!

Sent from my iphone

Another absolute joker.

I might do the referees course because judging by the standard of our 'elite' refs it must be easy to pass.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Dinnae be daft, Sportscene will not show it as they don't do positive highlights with Hibs.

They skim over the game as quick as they can. Haven't watched it in years.
    Just a wee thing, but on sport sound they said hibs beat Ross county then qualified it with 'albeit they had to withstand a lot of pressure'! Why always the digs?

Sent from my iphone

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The annoying thing about that one was that Haynes had been fouled in a similar position in the first half, with Stevenson getting the advantage and losing it in their box iirc, whereas when their wide player lost it the play got called back. He needed to be consistent when applying advantage.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Why always the digs?

They can say anything they like about us, and do, as they know no-one at the club will say anything about it. The only representation Hibs have on there is Craig Paterson and he happens to be one of the most sporting a even-handed commentators around. The others slate Hibs, giggle and cheer when Hibs lose a goal and don't even bother to hide their disappointment if Hibs win or score.

He was that bad - another Thomson style ref - "Look at me shafting the home team " not afraid to give incorrect decisions against them and get the fans going to see their reaction - made so many howlers and the Foster one was the worst but also allowed a County player to clatter into Nelsons head and then wave play on to Ross County.
    Another waste of space who got his £800 march fee for total incompetence

Just a wee thing, but on sport sound they said hibs beat Ross county then qualified it with 'albeit they had to withstand a lot of pressure'! Why always the digs?

Sent from my iphone
    You've got a cracker of a chip on your shoulder. That's not a dig at us.

They're reporting on the game and it's an accurate comment - we did have to withstand a lot of pressure.

Had we won easily, they would have said so.

Seriously, what would you have expected them to say?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    I actually thought he had an pretty good game, by and large.

He should have booked the county player for the Forster foul, but other than that I can't think of anything dramatic to be honest. I thought his application of advantage was pretty good and consistent. If the ball was over with haynes that s the linesman's call really.

He was right not to stop play when the County player was down when Hibs scored, I suspect many refs would have pulled it back when the County attack broke down.

A couple of irritating yards stealing at throws is not a major crime.

Opinions eh?

Ooops that's me told! You know nothing about me, but I do think it's a dig at us even if you don't! Heard them mention all the results but just ours had the comment! The score was 2-1, that's all they had to say until the actual match report. Cya

Sent from my iphone

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Thought the ref was fairly poor. I think he tried to be consistent but failed. Did p*ss me off when he puffed his chest out a couple of times and did the "strut" Managed to miss blatant pushes on our centre halfs. RC were the biggest side I've seen all season and they were all pretty good at "cute" fouls. Not cheating per se but certainly bordering on ungentlemanly conduct.

Can't wait to see a replay - thought the ball was over the line in the second half and didn't think the lino was up on the line to judge, thought he was about 10 yards out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You've got a cracker of a chip on your shoulder. That's not a dig at us.

They're reporting on the game and it's an accurate comment - we did have to withstand a lot of pressure.

Had we won easily, they would have said so.

Seriously, what would you have expected them to say?
    Disagree. County had one half chance when their number 3 hooked it over the bar late on but apart from that I don't recall may opportunities to score? They put on some pressure as they were trailing and trying to get an equaliser, but a lot? No.

I've seen far worse than today's referee. At least he didn't seem to have some sort of vendetta against HFC, like Thomson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Another absolute joker.

I might do the referees course because judging by the standard of our 'elite' refs it must be easy to pass.
    Dalkeith Campus 10am tomorrow morning, we will know you because you will be the new face who knows all the answers

Sent from my iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Disagree. County had one half chance when their number 3 hooked it over the bar late on but apart from that I don't recall may opportunities to score? They put on some pressure as they were trailing and trying to get an equaliser, but a lot? No.
    The game was more or less played in our half after they scored, Dave.

They only created a couple of chances, but that's because we dealt with the pressure we were under, after a fashion.

I certainly didn't feel that we were comfortable until the final whistle sounded.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he had a decent game. He missed a booking when Forster has hacked down but I prefer refs to keep their cards in their pockets as much as possible. The first ref I have seen apply the advantage rule consistently and with a bit of common sense. Very strong for our second goal where he realised they had had the chance to put ball out so no need to stop play when we got the ball. I would be happy if he reffed every Hibs game compared to some of the idiots we have had of late.

Ooops that's me told! You know nothing about me, but I do think it's a dig at us even if you don't! Heard them mention all the results but just ours had the comment! The score was 2-1, that's all they had to say until the actual match report. Cya

Sent from my iphone
    I don't know anything about you, but it was the "Why always the digs" remark that suggested to me that you had a chip on your shoulder.

What other "digs" have you heard?

I assure you though, that I'm not trying to "tell you" anything.

If you want to believe that the Sportsound team have something against us, that's up to you.

I don't think they do, and I said so when replying to your point.

That's what discussion forums are for. Chill.

Ok, let's agree to disagree then

Sent from my iphone