hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Lewis Stevenson

Firstly, by no means the worst player on the park yesterday.

But as he seems to be immune from criticism on here, this has to be said. We need to stop giving him contracts. He epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club over the last few years. Let's stop persevering wth mediocrity.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Lewis Steveson has had some of the heaviest criticism on this board.

Maybe he isn't being criticised because he doesn't warrant it?

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

But as he seems to be immune from criticism on here, this has to be said. We need to stop giving him contracts. He epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club over the last few years. Let's stop persevering wth mediocrity.
    You can tell you are new around here.

As a left midfielder I would play lewis every week. Thats his position.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

So if he wasn't the worst on the park yesterday then why are you singling him out?

Another example of the post loss drivel that gets posted on here.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Flanned!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Lewis Steveson has had some of the heaviest criticism on this board.

Maybe he isn't being criticised because he doesn't warrant it?
    Absolutely.

Lewis was the best of the back 4 yesterday, admittedly that isn't saying much but he didn't cost us any goals, he burst his gut on numerous occasions to keep up or beat Raith players all with absolutely no support from Harris.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

I think you're at the wind up mate.

Stevenson is a solid player for us under the right management and has stuck with the club through the worst of times, despite countless instances of unwarranted critisim.

The lad plays with his heart of his sleeve and has proven how effective he can be with the right confidence boost.

I recall everybody getting behind the team when we played Kilmarnock earlier on in the season. Stevenson was the one pulling all of the strings that day and deservedly got his goal.

Why can't we support the team like that every week, instead of pushing the panic button as soon as a result doesn't go our way?

Want to try & read back on a few pages of this very forum before making stuff up ...

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I agree. Lewis has been fantastic at LM. When McGivern comes back in at LB and Robertson starts with a holding central midfielder we'll be a different side. Play Lewis and Watmore (subbed by Harris in the 2nd half or vice-versa) out wide with Stanton/Craig behind a striker

Left by mutual consent!
    There should always be a place for Lewis in the squad but ideally if we had enough quality in the squad there should only be a place for him in the starting XI if others are struggling for form and fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyHibbie View Post
    Want to try & read back on a few pages of this very forum before making stuff up ...
    Am I the only one that thinks LS isn't good enough?

No. I dont think he is good enough.

Did you read the highlighted part of your post I quoted or did you just choose to ignore it ..?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Harsh in the extreme.

No.

Lewis is more than good enough for our current team, this whole isn't good enough for where we want to be thingies pish, we are where we are and Lewis is what we've got

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Lewis is more than good enough for our current team, this whole isn't good enough for where we want to be thingies pish, we are where we are and Lewis is what we've got
    Are you happy with where we are and what we've got?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This. Seems to have a bit extra pace these days.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Absolutely.

Lewis was the best of the back 4 yesterday, admittedly that isn't saying much but he didn't cost us any goals, he burst his gut on numerous occasions to keep up or beat Raith players all with absolutely no support from Harris.
    Forster didn't have any support from Watmore and had to deal with Cardle on his own. If TB wants to play a 4 2 3 1 formation, he's got to make sure the wide players in the 3 offer some defensive cover to the fullbacks.
    Happy as Larry!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    There should always be a place for Lewis in the squad but ideally if we had enough quality in the squad there should only be a place for him in the starting XI if others are struggling for form and fitness.
    Indeed. I think he was little more than fine wide left. Certainly not the pacy, tricky winger we all think we need on either side though. Would he play there ahead of Harris? Doubt it.

Okay for cover but if he is one of our better players then that's why we are mid table!

Probably not the worst yesterday but as one of our more experienced players we need more from him. Scandalous that in a big cup tie that the only players to emerge with any credit are the youngest on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Indeed. I think he was little more than fine wide left. Certainly not the pacy, tricky winger we all think we need on either side though. Would he play there ahead of Harris? Doubt it.

Okay for cover but if he is one of our better players then that's why we are mid table!
    100% spot on, he's even been our player of the bloody year recently. We need players like him, but only as someone who will play the odd game now and then.

I will probably get slated for this opinion, and i have said similar in the past, but he's just a very average player who shouldn't be anywhere near a place in the team, but he is in it on merit.

Thats how low we have sunk, Fenlon and Calderclown brought that many sheite players to the club it makes Lewis Stevenson one of the 1st picks.

Yet, you complain when people call you a Yam? Have a word with yourself.

Well seen you have only posted for a short while.
    This poor guy has been ripped apart ,hung out to dry etc etc and has come back shown what a GOOD PRO he is

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    I think you're at the wind up mate.

Stevenson is a solid player for us under the right management and has stuck with the club through the worst of times, despite countless instances of unwarranted critisim.

The lad plays with his heart of his sleeve and has proven how effective he can be with the right confidence boost.

I recall everybody getting behind the team when we played Kilmarnock earlier on in the season. Stevenson was the one pulling all of the strings that day and deservedly got his goal.

Why can't we support the team like that every week, instead of pushing the panic button as soon as a result doesn't go our way?
    Spot on. Troll or Yam IMHO. Either way, no need.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Yet, you complain when people call you a Yam? Have a word with yourself.
    I wouldn't give stevenson a new contract either. I want a lot better at the club. Does that make me a Hearts fan too?

Are you happy with where we are and what we've got?
    No but I don't see any point in blaming individual players for where we are either

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Did Stevenson look average earlier on in the season when we actually backed the team?

I recall everybody singing his praises for being more direct and looking dangerous thanks to Butchers influence.

If Stevenson left us to play for another team in the league, it would come back to bite us on the arse and everybody knows it.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Absolutely.

That wouldn't be difficult. He was terrible yesterday.

They targeted him from the off, firing long balls on top of him. Not his fault he's wee but he didn't cope.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Since he has been move from left midfield Hibs have been terrible .. Get another defender into left back and Lewis back where he was playing his best football and we will see a difference .. Surely even TB can see that .. !!!