hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Terry Butcher - In charge for 12 weeks

1. Has been in charge for just 12 weeks
    2. Has had one transfer window in which he explicitly said he wasn't going to rush to buy players because he wanted to wait until the summer to get the right players long term.
    3. Is playing a hand dealt to him by Fenlon in terms of his squad.
    4. Has the task of turning around a long term weak mentality at the club and that will take a lot of time.
    5. Is not responsible for the abjectly 5hite performance of previous managers and players which we carry around on our shoulders like a giant monkey on our backs.
    6. Deserves some time, loyalty and trust from the support in order to get us to the style of football and the improvement we want to see.
    7. Will face bad days like today again many more times before we get to a place where we can be happy.
    8. Is a golden opportunity, because of his reputation and connections, for us to attract players we would otherwise struggle to know about and bring to the club.
    9. Has not tried to dress up poor performances and has shown in bringing in Watmore that he knows what we need.
    10. Should not be undermined by fans, Board or anyone else in respect of KT or any other player. He is the manager, he is in charge and if any player can't handle that then the player can **** off as far as I'm concerned. We should never be willing to do anything that encourages players to think they are running the club - that ends up in players going to Petrie behind the manager's back and/or the George Street mentality that has flecked us up in the past.
    11. Any Yams reading this or posting on here today - and there have been plenty of you stirring the pot - enjoy your many years in the destitute wilderness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2. Has had one transfer window in which he explicitly said he wasn't going to rush to buy players because he wanted to wait until the summer to get the right players long term.
    4. Has the task of turning around a long term weak mentality at the club and that will take a lot of time.
    5. Is not responsible for the abjectly 5hite performance of previous managers and players which we carry around on our shoulders like a giant monkey on our backs.
    6. Deserves some time, loyalty and trust from the support in order to get us to the style of football and the improvement we want to see.
    7. Will face bad days like today again many more times before we get to a place where we can be happy.
    8. Is a golden opportunity, because of his reputation and connections, for us to attract players we would otherwise struggle to know about and bring to the club.
    9. Has not tried to dress up poor performances and has shown in bringing in Watmore that he knows what we need.
    10. Should not be undermined by fans, Board or anyone else in respect of KT or any other player. He is the manager, he is in charge and if any player can't handle that then the player can **** off as far as I'm concerned. We should never be willing to do anything that encourages players to think they are running the club - that ends up in players going to Petrie behind the manager's back and/or the George Street mentality that has flecked us up in the past.
    11. Any Yams reading this or posting on here today - and there have been plenty of you stirring the pot - enjoy your many years in the destitute wilderness.

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar

This

Everyone is assuming Hibs are going to sign a range of quality players in the summer.
    Just because the current manager - like all the previous ones - said so.

I'll be delighted if we do, but don't hold your breath waiting on any team saving signings.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I certainly don't think we'll sign top quality players. I think we'll replace the duds brought in by Fenlon with guys who Butcher knows will do a job (either recommended by Marsella or ex ICT players) and will buy into his style. Folk writing him off just now is utterly ridiculous. Fenlon got plenty time after much worse than yesterday IMO.

I'm not writing off TB, but Hibs ALWAYS seem to get shafted on players that we REALLY need for whatever reason.
    Rod dragging out the negotiations, and player goes elsewhere ?
    Decent players warned off Hibs ?

Who knows, but we all wait for the window to open then watch as on the last 3 days rumours of 3 or 4 players , too poor for their current team are brought into the rumours thread.

Then manager says how difficult it's been etc, how me just missed out on golden boy 1 and 2 but these lads will offer us what we need.

All this time every other team are shoring up their teams and picking up points.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I trust Butcher to turn this around. He's no soft touch and no abuse from any "fans" is going to deter him.

This loop we're stuck in, has to come to an end. We need to play our part in order to break it.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    I trust Butcher to turn this around. He's no soft touch and no abuse from any "fans" is going to deter him.

This loop we're stuck in, has to come to an end. We need to play our part in order to break it.
    At last some positivity. Agree with what you say, and maybe it's time for unhappy people to put up, or shut up. No one makes them go to games, and maybe they need to show a bit more maturity than spitting the dummy when things don't go their way.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    At last some positivity. Agree with what you say, and maybe it's time for unhappy people to put up, or shut up. No one makes them go to games, and maybe they need to show a bit more maturity than spitting the dummy when things don't go their way.
    This (no really)

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Most definitely. Some folk need to calm down and give it time. That won't be easy considering how often we've had to do it in recent times but this manager is better than the last three at least. He'll get it right. Of that I have no doubt.

Yesterday's result was a disaster. We have had hugely inflated season ticket holder numbers off the back of our consecutive cup finals and clever marketing around cup final tickets, along with the home draws and televised ties over the past few years.

With no home derbies next year (and to a far lesser extent no Huns) our income is going to be massively reduced.

I believe Butcher has already experienced the frustrations that go with being a Hibs manager during a transfer window, missing out on his main targets.

When he realises what Hibs are really all about and what he has at his disposal next summer, he won't last the close season - he'll walk.

Then we'll get another inexperienced dud in who will appreciate the "opportunity to manage such a magnificent club" and we'll be back to square one.

I'm sick of it. IMO the managers may change but the problems remain.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yesterday's result was a disaster. We have had hugely inflated season ticket holder numbers off the back of our consecutive cup finals and clever marketing around cup final tickets, along with the home draws and televised ties over the past few years.

With no home derbies next year (and to a far lesser extent no Huns) our income is going to be massively reduced.

I believe Butcher has already experienced the frustrations that go with being a Hibs manager during a transfer window, missing out on his main targets.

When he realises what Hibs are really all about and what he has at his disposal next summer, he won't last the close season - he'll walk.

Then we'll get another inexperienced dud in who will appreciate the "opportunity to manage such a magnificent club" and we'll be back to square one.

What an utterly Yamtastic post.

What an utterly Yamtastic post.
    Trust me, I'd love to be proved wrong on this.

If we have anything like an acceptable squad turn up for the first day of pre-season training next year then I may just get the feeling that it will be different. Even a couple of pre-contracts confirmed early would suggest that we mean business.

The longer the summer goes on without serious transfer activity and the more likely that Butcher is going to get his squad completed and fit about 6 weeks into the league season, the more pissed off he'll get. At least we don't have a European game in mid-July to have to be remotely ready for this year.

Decent managers with their reputations at stake don't hang around - see JC for that.

Yesterday's result was a disaster. We have had hugely inflated season ticket holder numbers off the back of our consecutive cup finals and clever marketing around cup final tickets, along with the home draws and televised ties over the past few years. With no home derbies next year (and to a far lesser extent no Huns) our income is going to be massively reduced. I believe Butcher has already experienced the frustrations that go with being a Hibs manager during a transfer window, missing out on his main targets. When he realises what Hibs are really all about and what he has at his disposal next summer, he won't last the close season - he'll walk. Then we'll get another inexperienced dud in who will appreciate the "opportunity to manage such a magnificent club" and we'll be back to square one. I'm sick of it. IMO the managers may change but the problems remain.
    Really. Wow!!!

Prey tell who our main targets were......

At least we CAN sign players.

image-1802362925.jpg

Have a wee look at this. This for me everyday of the week. Enjoy

Trust me, I'd love to be proved wrong on this. If we have anything like an acceptable squad turn up for the first day of pre-season training next year then I may just get the feeling that it will be different. Even a couple of pre-contracts confirmed early would suggest that we mean business. The longer the summer goes on without serious transfer activity and the more likely that Butcher is going to get his squad completed and fit about 6 weeks into the league season, the more pissed off he'll get. At least we don't have a European game in mid-July to have to be remotely ready for this year. Decent managers with their reputations at stake don't hang around - see JC for that.
    What is the point of signing players for the sake of it.

Quality over quantity everytime.

The negativity emanating from your last 2 post is well.... Strange (maybe not tho eh!!)

I was never really convinced with the last few managers, even right at the beginning of their tenture, I just knew it wasn't going to work.

Pat Fenlon - Really nice guy, but almost too nice for his own good.

Colin Calderwood - Doesn't really need an explaination, he simply wasn't bothered right from the start.

John Hughes - Had a best mate/worst enemy type of attitude, which was inevitably going to lead to unrest behind the scenes.

But looking at Terry Butcher, I get the sense of a very well balanced character. He's tough, but without the bully factor. You also know how much it means to him, as he left a very strong position at ICT in order to come here.

He's not like the previous managers. There's something different about Terry Butcher and I can see him managing at a much higher level at some point in his career.

Give this man time. He will turn it around, he has what it takes.

Gamer IDs

I honestly think that anyone with a post count of less than 1,000 should not post on the weekend of a defeat. And even then maybe only with the permission of any two admins.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At last some sense and sensibility!

Bloody ridiculous the amount of urine written on .net since yesterday!! As a fan of 40+ years, through the good, bad and downright ugly! I cannot believe, score that, I am so disappointed in some of our fans!

Yes, some players need a hard look at themselves, as some of us do too!
    Yes, football hasn't been good nor even watchable at points but neither has some of our fan behavior!

To paraphrase a famous politician:

Never on the field of Hibernian FC was so much owed by so few to the many! Never give up!

In the 80's, when it was ugly, we supported it all to the bitter end! Where is our resolve and our courage to see this through?

I honestly think that anyone with a post count of less than 1,000 should not post on the weekend of a defeat. And even then maybe only with the permission of any two admins.
    I think we need to put an end to all of this "undercover yam" tosh. It's dragged on for far too long.

This "guilty until proven innocent" attitude, is only causing more divide among supporters.

Sure, they'll be some bams on here who are clearly not Hibs fans, but it's nowhere near the number that we make it out to be.

I was never really convinced with the last few managers, even right at the beginning of their tenture, I just knew it wasn't going to work. Pat Fenlon - Really nice guy, but almost too nice for his own good. Colin Calderwood - Doesn't really need an explaination, he simply wasn't bothered right from the start. John Hughes - Had a best mate/worst enemy type of attitude, which was inevitably going to lead to unrest behind the scenes. But looking at Terry Butcher, I get the sense of a very well balanced character. He's tough, but without the bully factor. You also know how much it means to him, as he left a very strong position at ICT in order to come here. He's not like the previous managers. There's something different about Terry Butcher and I can see him managing at a much higher level at some point in his career. Give this man time. He will turn it around, he has what it takes.
    Well said mate.

The problem on here at the moment is the trolls and Yams (and you know who you are and so do we) stirring the ***** big time.

Yip woeful disgraceful result against a poor team. TB will have to take some responsibility but we move on.

Folk expecting us to run before we have just started crawling.

Folk expecting miracles from the off need to get a grip.

It'll take time and folk need to realise this.

I was never really convinced with the last few managers, even right at the beginning of their tenture, I just knew it wasn't going to work.

Colin Calderwood - Doesn't really need an explaination, he simply wasn't bothered right from the start.

John Hughes - Had a best mate/worst enemy type of attitude, which was inevitably going to lead to unrest behind the scenes.

But looking at Terry Butcher, I get the sense of a very well balanced character. He's tough, but without the bully factor. You also know how much it means to him, as he left a very strong position at ICT in order to come here.

He's not like the previous managers. There's something different about Terry Butcher and I can see him managing at a much higher level at some point in his career.

I get the same feeling - I think he's different, and better. I'm more than willing to give him time. I also feel that Mixu and Yogi should have been given more time and backing but that's another story for another thread.

I just hope that Butcher gives us time - both in terms of us (the fans) and the club/board. I also think he's capable of managing at a higher level - he won't get an opportunity to do that if he gets the piss taken out of him here.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Butcher built a decent side on a fraction of what we will give him, thats why he came to the club. He also has the facilities at east mains to get them playing the way he wants. Another reason why he came to the club.

You wont have a club soon.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Golly, I hope Petrie and co. have budgeted for this. I'd hate for them to go round robbing charities, or asking us for our kids Xmas money, just to keep our club going.

By the way, I think you'll find that there will be no derbies, home and away, for some time to come, possibly forever.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Butcher will get it right but it will take time and a lot of players in and out. That also needs done within our resources. One look over the road shows you what you get if you try to do things too quickly with players you can't afford. May end up losing more than just a few games.

Well said. Thank youl

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    Everyone is assuming Hibs are going to sign a range of quality players in the summer.
    Just because the current manager - like all the previous ones - said so.

I'll be delighted if we do, but don't hold your breath waiting on any team saving signings.
    It's about the right sort of player, rather than outright quality - it's character we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I certainly don't think we'll sign top quality players. I think we'll replace the duds brought in by Fenlon with guys who Butcher knows will do a job (either recommended by Marsella or ex ICT players) and will buy into his style. Folk writing him off just now is utterly ridiculous. Fenlon got plenty time after much worse than yesterday IMO.
    Spot on

Totally agree

Gamer IDs

I think we need to put an end to all of this "undercover yam" tosh. It's dragged on for far too long.

This "guilty until proven innocent" attitude, is only causing more divide among supporters.

Sure, they'll be some bams on here who are clearly not Hibs fans, but it's nowhere near the number that we make it out to be.

Uh-huh and what about the bams on here who are clearly Hibs fans?

Uh-huh and what about the bams on here who are clearly Hibs fans?
    You have to be a bit bammy to be a Hibs fan. It removes any shred of sanity you have.

Unless somebody is bammy enough, Hibs aren't they club for them.

Gamer IDs

You have to be a bit bammy to be a Hibs fan. It removes any shred of sanity you have.

Unless somebody is bammy enough, Hibs aren't they club for them.

You're definitely a bam. I'll vouch for you, I've seen your posts on the Holy Ground.

You're definitely a bam. I'll vouch for you, I've seen your posts on the Holy Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Butcher built a decent side on a fraction of what we will give him, thats why he came to the club. He also has the facilities at east mains to get them playing the way he wants. Another reason why he came to the club. You wont have a club soon.
    Ha ha BH. This made me laugh out loud. Brilliant reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Golly, I hope Petrie and co. have budgeted for this. I'd hate for them to go round robbing charities, or asking us for our kids Xmas money, just to keep our club going. By the way, I think you'll find that there will be no derbies, home and away, for some time to come, possibly forever.
    Still laughing at BH's reply and now this. Brilliant.