hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Knee jerking and the third resurgence of the uber fandan

Without reading all the doubtless utter p!sh spread through several threads, I'm guessing that the tomato faced fury brigade are out in righteous ire tonight, and I'd guess from the thread titles:

- Harris: flattered to deceive/isnae good enough/got his contract now not trying a leg
    - Collins: worst striker since Nish/Hurtado/Ward
    - TB: Shown up to be no better than Fenlon/Calderwood. Petrie rushed appointment
    - KT: How's he no' back. Best player at the cub etc etc
    - Fans: I'll no be back until Petrie/TB are gone
    - Nelson - disgrace/no' good enough

Look people. Getting beat in the Cup off of anyone isn't good. We weren't good today, but ***** happens. The relentless stream of amazingly short term knee jerk reaction is absolutely the reason why we underperform. I am not saying is is the fans fault - we don't kick the ball - but for the love of all things green, if going to Hibs games makes you so sad and angry, then gonnae just stay away. It's bad enough losing without reading the mindless piffle posted by those masochists who only seem to surface when something doesn't go the way we want it to.

I hated losing today. I thought with the the jungle jims getting papped off of the sheep we may just have had a squeak this year, but given I've been going for 40 years, I'm not going to get my gonads warped because we got beat on the day by a (one the day) decent side.

Oh, and by the way, I take part of the blame as I used to coach the Raith 'keeper when he was a laddie before he went pro-youth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Along with recent reasults todays defeat was amongst the poorest results in recent years. Hibs were VERY poor against a mediorce 1st div side, a team who had't scored in 5 games. Sorry for being a a bit dispointted.

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without reading all the doubtless utter p!sh spread through several threads, I'm guessing that the tomato faced fury brigade are out in righteous ire tonight, and I'd guess from the thread titles:

- Harris: flattered to deceive/isnae good enough/got his contract now not trying a leg
    - TB: Shown up to be no better than Fenlon/Calderwood. Petrie rushed appointment

Look people. Getting beat in the Cup off of anyone isn't good. We weren't good today, but ***** happens. The relentless stream of amazingly short term knee jerk reaction is absolutely the reason why we underperform. I am not saying is is the fans fault - we don't kick the ball - but for the love of all things green, if going to Hibs games makes you so sad and angry, then gonnae just stay away. It's bad enough losing without reading the mindless piffle posted by those masochists who only seem to surface when something doesn't go the way we want it to.

I hated losing today. I thought with the the jungle jims getting papped off of the sheep we may just have had a squeak this year, but given I've been going for 40 years, I'm not going to get my gonads warped because we got beat on the day by a (one the day) decent side.

Oh, and by the way, I take part of the blame as I used to coach the Raith 'keeper when he was a laddie before he went pro-youth.
    Good post, but I'm now blaming you because that keeper was superb today :D

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Yeah why read all the other utter pish threads when you can create one of your own for us all to read.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    The Raith support was superb today. Our support was fine until the second half, when a dodgy performance become a completely inept one. Any time we really pushed, the fans responded.

Aye very good it was a disgraceful gutless performance if you dont seem too bothered fine but I as a season ticket holder i am sickened by that and am wondering why I pay £400 plus per Annum to watch that rubbish.

Season is over in feb are you happy with that??

Today's results will cost hibs a fortune in attendances

Agree 100%.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Along with recent reasults todays defeat was amongst the poorest results in recent years. Hibs were VERY poor against a mediorce 1st div side, a team who had't scored in 5 games. Sorry for being a a bit dispointted.
    We're all disappointed. I certainly am - gutted in fact. Did I suggest otherwise? But there's a world of difference between being disappointed and the garbage that some people come out with after any defeat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Yeah why read all the other utter pish threads when you can create one of your own for us all to read.
    Don't read or comment on it then sunshine.
    There you go.
    Easy.

Fantastic idea. We will all just listen to you and your self righteous p*sh.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Agree with all that TC apart from the title. It should have been 'Knee jerking and the third resurgence of the uber fandan and YamBam whinetime'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Aye very good it was a disgraceful gutless performance if you dont seem too bothered fine but I as a season ticket holder i am sickened by that and am wondering why I pay £400 plus per Annum to watch that rubbish.

Season is over in feb are you happy with that??

Today's results will cost hibs a fortune in attendances
    Disgraceful? Gutless? No - we lost a football match. Who was disgraceful? Who didn't try?
    Not bothered. - erm, no. Try reading my post again, this time with your powers of comprehension turned on. I'm a season ticket holder too, and I pay my money to support my team. As I've posted before, if you now decide that the lack of enjoyment you get by being - literally - sickened by what you watch is worth less than you pay then don't go. Just don't get all righteous about it.
    As for the last bit, yes, attendances probably will drop and no, I'd be much happier if we were still in the cup. I'll still go though, as I actually enjoy watching football and going to Hibs games.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Hibs fans listening? I don't know how that can be done when so many seem to be permanently switched to transmit mode.

Blog Entries
    Good. Glad you think it's a good idea to listen to me. You might learn something, so read on and pay attention.

We're all disappointed. I certainly am - gutted in fact. Did I suggest otherwise? But there's a world of difference between being disappointed and the garbage that some people come out with after any defeat.

I'm not sure where I've read anything which has been too ttp. Today was a howler and anything that gas been said has been justified imho.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Cup shocks happen for sure, there's no doubt about that - if Raith had comprehensively outplayed us today despite our best attempts to stop them, I would accept that. The first half was excusable - not changing our tactics at half time most certainly was not.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure where I've read anything which has been too ttp. Today was a howler and anything that gas been said has been justified imho.
    I offer you the thread title "I'd rather have TB than terry Butcher" as one that suggests the thread creators perceptions are a tad on the short-term, knee-jerk side.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of what TC says but the 2nd half was unacceptable and TB has said so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I agree with a lot of what TC says but the 2nd half was unacceptable and TB has said so.
    I'm not suggesting that that the reaction should be one of meek acceptance. We should of course be beating teams like Raith, but defeats do happen and there is a need for some action. The action needs to be taken by the management team. We, the fans, can either give it some time to work for once, or we can do the running around brainless tearing our hair out so beloved of some posters.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Nah , beat by a decent side , try beat by an average lower league side.
    We made them look decent imho . Favs out and we fin blow it .

Ggtth

Gamer IDs

I've got to admire a man who isn't ashamed to wear his double standards on his sleeve.
    Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

I've got to admire a man who isn't ashamed to wear his double standards on his sleeve.
    Fail to see where the double standards are from me when both the post that you have pulled from the archives and the post on this thread clearly demonstrate my desire for people to post their opinions. The "erse" post was in response to a sanctimonious smart are comment from you and I stick by it.

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Absolute and utter pap! SC Final 5-1; 9-0 on aggregate against Malmo, 1-0 to the Puddle-drinkers' youth team in the LC ... and that's just in the last two years.

Get some perspective.

Blog Entries
    Fail to see where the double standards are from me when both the post that you have pulled from the archives and the post on this thread clearly demonstrate my desire for people to post their opinions.The "erse" post was in response to a sanctimonious smart are comment from you and I stick by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie from just a wee bit earlier in the thread
    I'm terribly sorry it's clear from your original post that you are indeed a paragon of liberal virtue and champion of free speech. Don't know how I could've missed it, really.

I'm terribly sorry it's clear from your original post that you are indeed a paragon of liberal virtue and champion of free speech. Don't know how I could've missed it, really.
    I accept your apology. The reason I worded my original post the way I did was in response to your original post where you assumed that every post on here today would be utter p*sh and that most would be by the tomato face brigade venting their righteous ire. You made it clear you didn't want to listen to that and I suggested we should just listen to yours. There was no need for the dick head reply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by londonhibby View Post
    Absolute and utter pap! SC Final 5-1; 9-0 on aggregate against Malmo, 1-0 to the Puddle-drinkers' youth team in the LC ... and that's just in the last two years.

Get some perspective.
    So you don't think todays result was as bad as those, really? Have a wee sit down and think about it, you don't think losing 3 goals at home v Raith was worse than losing 1-0 v Hertz? Seriously?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I'm not suggesting that that the reaction should be one of meek acceptance. We should of course be beating teams like Raith, but defeats do happen and there is a need for some action. The action needs to be taken by the management team. We, the fans, can either give it some time to work for once, or we can do the running around brainless tearing our hair out so beloved of some posters.
    I know but I just don't see where we are going. Another new manager, another good run then another horrible run with not much promise of anything better.

Rovers have been awful for weeks in a very poor 1st division. This shouldn't happen.

So you don't think todays result was as bad as those, really? Have a wee sit down and think about it, you don't think losing 3 goals at home v Raith was worse than losing 1-0 v Hertz? Seriously?
    I see you choose your example carefully. The worst results in our history in the last two years. Worst, ever. And yes, for what it's worth, no I don't, because I think this Raith team, if they'd played the way they did yesterday, in a cup game, would have given the Jambos a hell of a good game and quite possibly pumped them too.

Remember. Worst results. Ever.

I said this was amongst the worst results in recent history not the worst, Not that it means much but Hertz played Raith earlier in the season in the league cup and beat them on pens.

I said this was amongst the worst results in recent history not the worst, Not that it means much but Hertz played Raith earlier in the season in the league cup and beat them on pens.
    We're biting each other when we should be as one. Agree to disagree.

Peace brother.