hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Harris

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've watched him closely for last 3 years - he will easily be our next big thing, easily.

He lost his dad yet still had strength and character to come good - those judging him harshly, Jesus, give me strength. Do those that criticise Alex actually play football or have any past in football ?

The boy is a TALENT !!!!! A big talent at that.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, they're just saying he needs a wee break and time on the bench won't harm him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, they're just saying he needs a wee break and time on the bench won't harm him.
    I think he'll get it now we have other options. I've no doubt that TB's man management skills are going to be good for this situation.

First Team Breakthrough
    One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many times

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many times
    Deary me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Needs a few under 20's games to get up to full fitness. Hopefully plays in the mini derby!

Deary ****ing me..Ive read some utter garbage on these forums throughout the years but your post is way up there wi the best o them ...

What a lot of rubbish Alex Harris is just back from a major injury.

Along with Stanton these guys are going to move to bigger clubs and make hibs a lot of money.

The worst performances yesterday were down to the experienced players starting with the captain.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey987654321 View Post
    Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.
    Have to agree with this. He looks low on confidence and is a bit scared of rough challenges. Needs to get that spark back and needs to get it out his head that every challenge is going to injure him. He has got the ability IMO just needs to get his head up and get a bit of confidence. Maybe a few u20s or bounce games would help

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Collect your flan on the way out, do not pass Go, do not collect £200.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Are you on mind bending drugs ? If not perhaps you should consider some !

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    you got to admit tho he has been piss poor. must say stanton looks a far better prospect. hope harris gets back to what he was but when you look at watmore beaten players maybe young alex is no as good as we all thought.
    Oh aye, as you always come back from a serious, long term injury as Messi right enough FFS.....

Why is there even a thread on Harris? Clearly a brilliant prospect and he will have a great career. Why would anyone put the boot into our most promising youngster?

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    he's had a bad injury and doesn't look close to the pace he had previously.

a wee break in the u20's to get his confidence back will do him fine.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    he's had a bad injury and doesn't look close to the pace he had previously.

a wee break in the u20's to get his confidence back will do him fine.
    Agree, needs more time to get up to speed, missing the same thing as most of the team....CONFIDENCE

I don't think there's been anything wrong with him.

I think some people had expected a Pele like figure when he returned but he is what he is, a promising youngster who had one really good game.

Too much high expectation for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I don't think there's been anything wrong with him.

I think some people had expected a Pele like figure when he returned but he is what he is, a promising youngster who had one really good game.

Too much high expectation for my liking.

Because of the general absence of flair players coming through in the Scottish game anyone who looks like they can beat a defender and has a bit of skill gets hyped out of all proportion. It happened to Alex after essentially one game and it happened to the Dundee Utd laddies this season.

I think Alex is an excellent prospect but if people expect him to come back in after a serious injury and turn in match winning performances that's mental. He remains nothing more than a prospect who wont be helped by unrealistic expectations.

If Watmore doesn't jink past a few players next Saturday I expect the internet backlash to start against him round about the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibee View Post
    Why is there even a thread on Harris? Clearly a brilliant prospect and he will have a great career. Why would anyone put the boot into our most promising youngster?
    I was hardly putting the boot in by starting a thread!

He's one our most promising players but since his return I don't think he's done enough to merit a starting jersey and asked the question on what is a fans forum.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I've been saying for ages before he came back from injury that a lot of people on here were expecting far to much from a youngster coming back from a serious injury. I've always said it will be next season before Alex is back to his best.I would have sent him off to Turkey with the U20's

The clamour on here to get him back playing ASAP and people coming out with statements that he's ***** is absolutely ridiculous.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

F*** me, there's some pish spouted on here but you take top prize for that. Far to much pressure / expectation on him even before his injury.

Left by mutual consent!
    Too many people expect too much of him, he's only a young lad!!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post

Because of the general absence of flair players coming through in the Scottish game anyone who looks like they can beat a defender and has a bit of skill gets hyped out of all proportion. It happened to Alex after essentially one game and it happened to the Dundee Utd laddies this season.

I think Alex is an excellent prospect but if people expect him to come back in after a serious injury and turn in match winning performances that's mental. He remains nothing more than a prospect who wont be helped by unrealistic expectations.

If Watmore doesn't jink past a few players next Saturday I expect the internet backlash to start against him round about the final whistle.
    the difference is mate watmore will jink past a few players next week , but harris just isnt up to that standard yet, like i said earlier maybe he is not as good as we all thought at the time. a bit like stevenson when he had man of the match award he never really lived up to it did he.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I actually agree with TheCat on this one (probably the first time ever) think he should have been loaned out.
    Oi you saying I usually talk crap? :D

I do think a loan would have helped him to be honest. Folk think the injury has hampered him but he wasn't playing well at all long before the injury and looked a shadow of the player he was when first breaking into the first team.

Hope he finds his form again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Oi you saying I usually talk crap? :D

I do think a loan would have helped him to be honest. Folk think the injury has hampered him but he wasn't playing well at all long before the injury and looked a shadow of the player he was when first breaking into the first team.

Hope he finds his form again soon.
    That's a few times I've heard this on here. When? He was injured in the first domestic game of the season was he not? Falkirk was his best game for Hibs to date obviously and that was the 7th last game of last season. He scored in the game against Killie that got abandoned in the fourth last game of the season, and seem to remember him playing well against Hearts at the wongadome after that. So when was this period "long before the injury"

He has lost a bit of his confidence, but its to be expected after such a long spell out. Give him a few weeks and he'll get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    the difference is mate watmore will jink past a few players next week , but harris just isnt up to that standard yet, like i said earlier maybe he is not as good as we all thought at the time. a bit like stevenson when he had man of the match award he never really lived up to it did he.
    I hope you are right about Watmore. Ill wait to see if he can jink through SPFL defences on a consistent basis before being as confident as you about his abilities. Ideal outcome will be if Alex fulfils his potential and Watmore can do what he did against RR to SPFL defenders.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    I hope you are right about Watmore. Ill wait to see if he can jink through SPFL defences on a consistent basis before being as confident as you about his abilities. Ideal outcome will be if Alex fulfils his potential and Watmore can do what he did against RR to SPFL defenders.
    yes that would be good if they both could jink pass defenders lets hope they do just that.

exactly