hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Harris

Alex Harris

What's happened?

Has he been rushed back to soon? If so, is that an act of desperation on the part of the management team?

Since his return he has looked less of a threat than the great Matt Done. So, so poor and it's a real shame to watch him suffer on the park like he is.

Surely he needs to be dropped for his own, and the teams, sake?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's happened?

Has he been rushed back to soon? If so, is that an act of desperation on the part of the management team?

Since his return he has looked less of a threat than the great Matt Done. So, so poor and it's a real shame to watch him suffer on the park like he is.

I actually agree with TheCat on this one (probably the first time ever) think he should have been loaned out.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

He must be doing it in training or he wouldn't get picked.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Has he no played about 2 and a half games or something like that.

Jeez.

This is typical of the irrational torrent we've had this evening.

What's happened?

A section of the crowd are getting on his back as well. He needs taken out the firing line for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post

Jeez.

It's not irrational at all (I can do irrational if you like )

He's been very poor since his return. I simply ask the question as to whether he is ready or not?

To me, it looks not as he's a shadow of the player we saw when he made his bow.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Agree think he probably could do with having a rest from 1st. team for a few weeks , just isn't back yet but class will out given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    A section of the crowd are getting on his back as well. He needs taken out the firing line for a bit.
    nah,keep chucking him in,the only way he will get better is by playing against strong opposition

It's not irrational at all (I can do irrational if you like )

He's been very poor since his return. I simply ask the question as to whether he is ready or not?

To me, it looks not as he's a shadow of the player we saw when he made his bow.
    I think boozy has lost a lot of his playing confidence after being out injured for so long. It was his first major injury in his career and no doubt it has effected him. He didn't even get to play any under 20s or bounce games before coming straight back in to the first team which probably hasn't helped either.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He's been poor since his return and he was poor in most games before his injury nothing has changed. Expectations of this lad are far too high based on a couple of good games.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    I think boozy has lost a lot of his playing confidence after being out injured for so long. It was his first major injury in his career and no doubt it has effected him. He didn't even get to play any under 20s or bounce games before coming straight back in to the first team which probably hasn't helped either.
    This.

When he was out, loads of folk longed for his return. He needs time and I think a sub position for a game or two might help.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Is that right? If so, then that will explain a lot, as asking a kid to step back right into the 1st team after the best part of 6 months out is a very big ask.

Left by mutual consent!
    Classic case of a young lad coming in and doing well in an under performing team meaning that he seemed better than he is. His injury will have set him back and I would think he would benefit from us signing a more experienced winger in the summer and playing understudy to him next season.

He's still too young to judge either way but there is definitely potential there. Right now that's all there is and we shouldn't expect too much from him.

Is that right? If so, then that will explain a lot, as asking a kid to step back right into the 1st team after the best part of 6 months out is a very big ask.
    Aye it's right! The under 20s were in turkey for 2 weeks so there was no games for Alex to play in

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post

Jeez.

you got to admit tho he has been piss poor. must say stanton looks a far better prospect. hope harris gets back to what he was but when you look at watmore beaten players maybe young alex is no as good as we all thought.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    The guy has been injured since the opening day of the season and has only played like 5 and a half games or so. Obviously his confidence is going to be very low after missing so much football. He's been rushed right back into the 1st team and just expected to pick up from where he left off from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    you got to admit tho he has been piss poor. must say stanton looks a far better prospect. hope harris gets back to what he was but when you look at watmore beaten players maybe young alex is no as good as we all thought.
    Or maybe we're expecting too much of him
    This is how it feels

Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Jesus Christ the boy has had a bad couple of games. He looks low on confidence and that will only come with games. He'll be back to his best soon if you just lay off him ffs.

First Team Breakthrough Hibby Mike's Avatar
    How good was watmore today though. Nineteen, a loanee and showed the rest of the Hibs regulars how to play a part. Thought he was excellent when he had the ball at his feet today....Harris needs a few under 21 games to get his mojo back..

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    [QUOTE=mikey987654321;3902067]Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.[/
    Thats my thinking also Mikey . Hopefully with Baltmore doing the damage on the other side , AH will regain his confidance and start doing the damage on the left .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Absolutely no worries about Harris at all - has huge potential, and is currently trying to regain his confidence after a major injury (and major surgery) very early into his career.

He was excellent before his injury, and will be again. Did he not get an assist today, incidentally?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    What's happened?

Give him a 3 year deal and he turns *****. Strange eh.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I should add that I think Harris' lack of confidence in one on ones today may well have been to do with some of the shocking treatment dished out to Watmore on the other flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Give him a 3 year deal and he turns *****. Strange eh.
    A player can't turn **** over night. The BOY has gone through a lot over the past few months, as I said earlier this was his first big injury. It's not just physically a player has to recover and do rehab, it's also in the mind. His confidence has taken a big knock and he will be having to re-train his brain in going in to tackles and having the belief he can do things again

He would be playing the same wether he had signed a 3 year deal or not

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He definitely looks like some of that belief and confidence that was very evident in the semi final last season has been lost. Hopefully he recovers that soon, because Hibs need Harris at the top of his game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Is the pressure getting to him maybe, he was the talk of ER last year and was hyped up, maybe too much and he's not quite ready for a permanent starting berth, could be better if he has a few sub appearances this next few weeks to get his confidence back.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He definitely looks like some of that belief and confidence that was very evident in the semi final last season has been lost. Hopefully he recovers that soon, because Hibs need Harris at the top of his game.
    I honestly think he will be okay in time - his pace alone is a huge asset in the SPL, but he can deliver a cross too. Did he get a corner assist today or was that Craig? Think corner was Craig's side actually.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I honestly think he will be okay in time - his pace alone is a huge asset in the SPL, but he can deliver a cross too. Did he get a corner assist today or was that Craig? Think corner was Craig's side actually.
    I hope you're right mate.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    I've watched him closely for last 3 years - he will easily be our next big thing, easily.

He lost his dad yet still had strength and character to come good - those judging him harshly, Jesus, give me strength. Do those that criticise Alex actually play football or have any past in football ?

The boy is a TALENT !!!!! A big talent at that.