hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry to tell you, yes he will cost that, very soon too.

Better news is we are looking at bringing in Josh Meekings from InvernessI'm told (today).
    Please say we are after Shinnie aswell!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Please say we are after Shinnie aswell!
    Nope (but I'd love him mate) - Vincent and Meekings are two of Tel's targets for summer I was told today. And we'll get them apparently.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Nope (but I'd love him mate) - Vincent and Meekings are two of Tel's targets for summer I was told today. And we'll get them apparently.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreenGiant View Post
    And who did TB replace him with Haynes. Who had never played with the team, and no disrespect to him, but had no impact what so ever!
    He had two headers which went to hibs players and a layoff which went to a hibs player and a shot which the keeper saved at his near post. What did Collins do?

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    He had two headers which went to hibs players and a layoff which went to a hibs player and a shot which the keeper saved at his near post. What did Collins do?

Wow, what a performance! 2 headed passes and a weak shot at goal

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Come on. He hardly had a touch (not his fault) but looked decent when he did.

First Team Breakthrough
    Worst hibs striker for many a long year. Should have been punted after the hearts cup fiasco. Utter garbage

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Because Petrie has himself said he cost nothing near £200k?
    Do you have a link to that quote or when did Petrie say this.

That is more than we got from JC today. And more than we have had in a few games. Need more of a goal threat from our first pick striker.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Yams have scored more league goals. No helping, Him and heffernan are a poor front two.

Quote Originally Posted by northern-hibee View Post
    Worst hibs striker for many a long year. Should have been punted after the hearts cup fiasco. Utter garbage
    C'mon, worst Hibs striker for many a long year

Bet you weren't saying that when he spun and shot into the top corner against the Jambos!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He's extremely poor. Scarily Haynes and Heffernan are far worse!

First Team Breakthrough
    I ask again what did Collins do

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overDrive View Post
    He's extremely poor. Scarily Haynes and Heffernan are far worse!
    Disagree.

I ask again what did Collins do
    Was unlucky not to score in the first half when keeper made a point blank save. I will concede he did not have his best game today, but think that was more to do with the fact he was on his own up front and got no support from our poor midfield (apart from Stanton).

First Team Breakthrough
    Was unlucky not to score in the first half when keeper made a point blank save. I will concede he did not have his best game today, but think that was more to do with the fact he was on his own up front and got no support from our poor midfield (apart from Stanton).
    Admit I forgot that. I think the bigger concern is that the way we play under butcher and Malpas means we need a front man with a good touch and adept at holding the ball up and laying it off. Don't think that's Collins or anyone else we currently have. Craig brewster anyone.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I said a few weeks back that I thought he was pish and his performance against Raith has only backed that up even more. Mistimed every header he challenged for and he failed to control every other ball that was played to him. He is utterly terrible and has turned out to be a massive waste of our resources. Cheers Paddy Fenlon.

Admit I forgot that. I think the bigger concern is that the way we play under butcher and Malpas means we need a front man with a good touch and adept at holding the ball up and laying it off. Don't think that's Collins or anyone else we currently have. Craig brewster anyone.
    IMO Collins and Heffernan link up well when they start together, but unfortunately this had not been possible for much of the season.

Craig Brewster - the man we binned because he was not good enough

First Team Breakthrough
    IMO Collins and Heffernan link up well when they start together, but unfortunately this had not been possible for much of the season.

Craig Brewster - the man we binned because he was not good enough
    I am not having a go at Collins, he does his best I am sure, I don't think the way we now play suits him. Mind you that might be generous to him

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I actually like Collins, there is a good player in there. However, he said in his very first interview that he's not a target man yet since the first minute we've played him that's exactly what we've tried to do to him, every ball to him is a high one. He also cannot play up front on his own, he had a good partnership going with Heffernan, I don't understand why we didn't play them both up front today.
    This

@hibs.net private member
    The keeper couldn't have got out the way if he tried. Collins hit it straight at him with around half an empty goal to aim at. It did come quickly at him and it wasn't as easy as it may looked but I would err on the side of poor finish rather than unlucky.

He really doesn't look like a guy who is going to score 15-20 a year regardless of the system we are playing to me. One thing for sure is he cannot play as a battering ram type striker knocking the ball on from hoofs up the park. He is extremely poor in the air with his back to goal. In the last two games Stanton and Zoubit have won more flick ons that he has. I do think he needs to be trained in timing his leap and paying more attention to the ball than the man marking him.

He's mince...then I reckon we'd make Ibrahimovic look sh%+e,the football we play if u can call it that is dross :( ,can't remember the last time I was at a Hibs game & enjoyed the football.

OK, so did he or didn't he actually cost £200k?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It's interesting that every time an aimless punt is played in the direction of Collins it's his fault as opposed to the guy that punted the ball at him. He's very poor in the air. We can all see that. Why can't his team mates?
    He might even have a chance if 75% of the balls hoofed at him were within 15 feet of him.

I've been saying for ages that our defenders are big contributors to why we don't score enough goals. Yesterday was just further evidence.

Left by mutual consent!
    I am intrigued by this idea that Collins needs different service. What kind of service would work for him? He never wins a headed challenge, you cant play it to feet because of his awful first touch, you cant play it behind the defence or into channels because he isn't quick enough and when we do get wide he doesnt make intelligent runs or take up dangerous positions.

I think the only way to play with Collins as striker is to ignore him and hope he doesn't get in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by number 27 View Post
    I am intrigued by this idea that Collins needs different service. What kind of service would work for him? He never wins a headed challenge, you cant play it to feet because of his awful first touch, you cant play it behind the defence or into channels because he isn't quick enough and when we do get wide he doesnt make intelligent runs or take up dangerous positions.

I think the only way to play with Collins as striker is to ignore him and hope he doesn't get in the road.
    Collins has been with us long enough now to make this a decent question. For all the games he's played, there's very little evidence that service is the only thing that is holding him back from being a top SPFL striker.

Some writing off Haynes after a 15 min sub appearance...Ffs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    200k striker v part-time centre half. Douglas Hill had him in is pocket. He also fulfilled a boyhood dream of scoring at ER, more than the striker did yesterday , pity it wasnae in a hibs shirt though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by number 27 View Post

Crossing the ball into the box for him from decent angles or getting to bye line and cutting it back. Looking at his goals for Swindon they were all good penalty box finishes but he had good quality deliveries getting to him.

At the moment we are just getting ball in quickly, not really thinking too much about getting into the right positions to make better deliveries.

He won quite a lot of headers yesterday that were being flicked on but with one up front and hitting him very early who is going to get them?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I'm struggling to remember him winning any headers when up against an opposition player. He almost always ended up missing the ball entirely giving the defender an easy clearance. I think its safe to say he's not been worth the money so far.