hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Hibs Fans VS Hibs Fans

*Repetitive Cycle Alert*

Can we not see that this isn't working?

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover Hearts fans, or happy clappers.... etc.

Today may have been a really poor show, but thats why we have to stick together as a support.

If we keep this cycle going off the park, the cycle on the park will continue also.

There needs to come a point where we hit the reset button and put an end to this poisonous cycle. This can't go on forever.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Butcher is the reset, Craig is the button.

Good post. Like I say more than happy to back TB and not panic after a bad loss. We need to build for next season and hopefully we all get behind the team and sure most will.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Butcher is the reset, Craig is the button.
    Recent history will show that another clear out isn't the answer to our problem.

I don't like to say this. But we the fans, are the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Good post. Like I say more than happy to back TB and not panic after a bad loss. We need to build for next season and hopefully we all get behind the team and sure most will.
    Correct. We're just going to have to.

Because another clear out (how many has there been now in the last several years?) will not make the problem go away.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    *Repetitive Cycle Alert*

Can we not see that this isn't working?

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover Hearts fans, or happy clappers.... etc.

Today may have been a really poor show, but thats why we have to stick together as a support.

If we keep this cycle going off the park, the cycle on the park will continue also.

There needs to come a point where we hit the reset button and put an end to this poisonous cycle. This can't go on forever.
    So today was the fans fault once again?

Recent history will show that another clear out isn't the answer to our problem.

I don't like to say this. But we the fans, are the lowest common denominator.
    Oooh. That will be a bit too close to the bone for some on here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    We keep blaming everything else but ourselves. But no matter how many times the club re-shuffles itself, it's the exact same problems over and over again.

We suffer a bad defeat, the fans get on the players backs and eachothers backs, we then suffer a long line of bad defeats until the manager and players are changed.... Then we start all over again.

The players don't get a chance to battle the opposition at Easter Road, because they're too preoccupied with their battle against us.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    You can't ignore the overwhelming statistical and anecdotal evidence that we don't help the situation.

We keep blaming everything else but ourselves. But no matter how many times the club re-shuffles itself, it's the exact same problems over and over again.

We suffer a bad defeat, the fans get on the players backs and eachothers backs, we then suffer a long line of bad defeats until the manager and players are changed.... Then we start all over again.

The players don't get a chance to battle the opposition at Easter Road, because they're too preoccupied with their battle against us.
    What a load of nonsense. What role did the fans, those that bothered going anyway, play in today's debacle?

Keep playing as bad as we are and the problem if the fans will go away. Literally.

What a load of nonsense. What role did the fans, those that bothered going anyway, play in today's debacle?
    When most teams go 1-0 down, they go 1-0 down.

Not at Easter Road though. When our team go 1-0 down, they go 3 or 4-0 down.

I'll leave you to figure it out.

The evidence is overwhelming, the arrogance of the "I'll boo if I want" brigade is staggering.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

You have changed your tune.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

The evidence is overwhelming, the arrogance of the "I'll boo if I want" brigade is staggering.
    So let me get this right. Today's result and shocking performance was due to the fans ? C'mon then own up, which one of you was in goals, or sauntering around in the middle of the park with a yellow armband on contributing the square root of F all ?

@hibs.net private member
    I watch professional players on salaries most of us could only dream about who look unable to trap a bag of cement. I then look to the stands to see thousands of supporters who come to expensive games year after year and give their support in huge numbers. I have watched Hibs teams fold in big Cup Ties when they have had huge backing and also see us fail with a whimper in front of booing fans.

Football like most sports relies heavily on confidence but most top quality sportsmen and women get their confidence from endless hours of training and making sure all parts of their game are like second nature to them. If they look to the sidelines for help then they are in the wrong job. You should have the confidence in your ability that comes from years of doing drills and endless practice of your job. Focus is good but too much thinking is never a good thing in my opinion.

From what I can see some of the players don't look like they have confidence in their ability. I look at some of them and they make the same mistakes over and over. Collins constantly looks at the centre half before barging into him. Result he loses sight of the ball and the centre half wins it comfortably or gets a free kick. I doubt it would matter whether I was booing or cheering in that instance. If that happens five times in a row supporters will get restless. The player and manager can change that but we can't

Most people that have played sport at an amateur level know that you have days where it all just falls for you. If you look back on those days you tend to find the good days are when you feel at your fittest and you were totally focused on the job at hand. There aren't crowds for the amateurs and confidence comes from ability and being prepared correctly in most instances.

I do think the crowd can help and harm confidence but that is way down the mitigating factors in football in my opinion. I doubt it would have made much difference today as we were completely devoid of ideas and totally outfought. If you can get the crowd shouting insightful tactical instructions in unison we have a chance but I would rather the focus was on the managers and players who let us down badly today. Butcher has it in him to be a huge success and if he keeps strong and signs good players then we will turn the corner and the crowds will be very supportive. I won't be saying that my cheering will be the reason for that turnaround just like my cheering today made little impact to the players and managers who let themselves and their club down badly.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I watch professional players on salaries most of us could only dream about who look unable to trap a bag of cement. I then look to the stands to see thousands of supporters who come to expensive games year after year and give their support in huge numbers. I have watched Hibs teams fold in big Cup Ties when they have had huge backing and also see us fail with a whimper in front of booing fans.

Football like most sports relies heavily on confidence but most top quality sportsmen and women get their confidence from endless hours of training and making sure all parts of their game are like second nature to them. If they look to the sidelines for help then they are in the wrong job. You should have the confidence in your ability that comes from years of doing drills and endless practice of your job. Focus is good but too much thinking is never a good thing in my opinion.

From what I can see some of the players don't look like they have confidence in their ability. I look at some of them and they make the same mistakes over and over. Collins constantly looks at the centre half before barging into him. Result he loses sight of the ball and the centre half wins it comfortably or gets a free kick. I doubt it would matter whether I was booing or cheering in that instance. If that happens five times in a row supporters will get restless. The player and manager can change that but we can't

Most people that have played sport at an amateur level know that you have days where it all just falls for you. If you look back on those days you tend to find the good days are when you feel at your fittest and you were totally focused on the job at hand. There aren't crowds for the amateurs and confidence comes from ability and being prepared correctly in most instances.

I do think the crowd can help and harm confidence but that is way down the mitigating factors in football in my opinion. I doubt it would have made much difference today as we were completely devoid of ideas and totally outfought. If you can get the crowd shouting insightful tactical instructions in unison we have a chance but I would rather the focus was on the managers and players who let us down badly today. Butcher has it in him to be a huge success and if he keeps strong and signs good players then we will turn the corner and the crowds will be very supportive. I won't be saying that my cheering will be the reason for that turnaround just like my cheering today made little impact to the players and managers who let themselves and their club down badly.
    Absolutely spot on. Please keep this and re-post it the next time someone posts the same crap about it being the fans fault.

Did that happen today?
    I thought the fans tried their best to stay behind the team today each time they went behind.
    We lost today because we were well beaten and out played by a run of the mill 1st Div team .
    The truth is, it's a wonder there are so many still going along to watch this stuff. Of around a dozen of us that went regularly I am the last man standing.
    To churn out the usual " fans to blame " stuff is wearing a bit thin.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

probably the best quote I've read on .Net

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    So let me get this right. Today's result and shocking performance was due to the fans ? C'mon then own up, which one of you was in goals, or sauntering around in the middle of the park with a yellow armband on contributing the square root of F all ?
    I said it's partially the case.

When the chips are down the team needs encouragement and support - 12th man and all that kind of stuff - they don't get it. They get the opposite. Look at all the evidence of home form vs away form, anecdotal evidence of reports on here that other teams managers tactics have included "stifle the game for the first twenty minutes and wait for their fans to get on their backs" - it's overwhelming.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibercelona View Post
    *repetitive cycle alert*

can we not see that this isn't working?

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover hearts fans, or happy clappers.... Etc.

ltyf

When the chips are down the team needs encouragement and support - 12th man and all that kind of stuff - they don't get it. They get the opposite. Look at all the evidence of home form vs away form, anecdotal evidence of reports on here that other teams managers tactics have included "stifle the game for the first twenty minutes and wait for their fans to get on their backs" - it's overwhelming.

Our fans suffer from a psychological neurosis in my view. Swagger of a big team when we play so called lesser teams and abuse when it doesn't work out and an inferiority complex when we play Hearts and others with wild celebrations when we win and resignation when we loose. (I am guilty of wild celebrations when we win by the way).

In my view this comes from the fact that in living memory Hibs were a major force in Europe, let alone Scotland. This is a millstone as money now makes it near impossible to achieve what previous teams did 30 or more years ago. We are so desperate for success, as fans, which is becoming ever hard to achieve, that when the chips go down it gets nasty. It is creating a vicious circle.

Hard I know, especially after today, but if we don't encourage and support it makes it all the harder to build a realistic confidence.

@hibs.net private member

Great post.

Hibs supporters are amongst the most loyal and supportive in the entire football world, never mind just Scotland, so please enough already with blaming the fans , please just shut the **** up. IT IS NOT THE HIBS FANS FAULT !!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I was the ginger lad who done more than the rest of my team mates put together.

Once again i thought the fans backed the team today, it ain't our fault that they put in another pish performance.

I think I've figured it out :-

Dreadful players with no pace. Bunch of spoilt wage thieves. TOSSERS the lot of them.

These goons should hang their heads in shame. Get them down to gullane sand dunes.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    We are certainly a big part of it.

I don't know what other fans are like but I have always felt that we have been a bunch of intolerant greetin' faced moaners during the 30+ years I have followed Hibs.

We have had plenty to moan about certainly. But being the 12th man for 90 minutes and saving the grief for afterwards? Nah, we're the 'A'hm no happy' brigade.

Nonsense, were you at the game today, the team got plenty backing after they went a goal down and have a guess what, the team got right back in to the game so i will ask you again were you at today's game and when did you start hearing the bad Hibs fans being supposedly naughty towards our players.

I think if results continue to be poor and we consistently fail in cups and don't make the top 6 the players won't have any fans to worry about as there wi be none left

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Feed McGraw View Post
    Hibs supporters are amongst the most loyal and supportive in the entire football world, never mind just Scotland, so please enough already with blaming the fans , please just shut the **** up. IT IS NOT THE HIBS FANS FAULT !!
    I'll have whatever you're smoking.

When we are at the game we can either get stuck in supporting the team whether they are good, bad or indifferent or we can get to moaning and undermining. I know which one I hear consistently at ER. Do that game in and game out and what effect does that have on each other and the players?

If the players aren't doing it what do you think is going to be most helpful - slagging them off or trying to lift them up?