hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

How long is this going to last?

We've been ***** for the last six years.

Absolutely nothing has solved it.

What the **** do we have to do?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Butcher out by the looks of this site.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Keep sacking folk. Every other week if necessary.

Coaching Staff
    Problem for me has always always been right at the top. When Rod steps aside, hopefully we'll see brave stewardship in a footballing sense and the ability to get targets early and not wait until last moments of the window.

I'm angry at today, not surprised, but Terry needs to completely overhaul the squad in summer and I'm afraid that means some tough decisions defensively. It also means Rod must and I mean must get players in well before preseason starts - no scrimping and saving. Fans have invested time, money, energy and emotion.

Sir Tom and Rod need to give the fans something back on the pitch - it's that simple. We've lost targets through poor offers - that will always haunt Hibs, always.

Maybe the problem is at the top.

I'm still not convinced Hibs have a clear plan or vision of where the club will be in 1, 5 and 10 years say.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm still not convinced Hibs have a clear plan or vision of where the club will be in 1, 5 and 10 years say.
    Totally agree. We have not progressed on the pitch for years now, and to be honest, the amount of money needed to replace the majority of these players probably isn't there. Let's face it as well, how many of the players we have in the first team are ones we want to keep or sellable? Enough people have been on here extolling the virtues of a brilliant east stand that is rarely filled and a spanking new state of the art training centre that certainly hasn't been churning out the quality or quantity of young players that we had before to make be believe that all that money was well spent. But the money hasn't been spent on what most of us are on this forum for, or what we pay often hard-earned money to go and see. The result today is not just another in a long list of 'bad days at the office', we need major changes and what worries me, as it has worried me before with other managers, is that we simply don't have the money. In short I don't know the answer, and that annoys me even more.

Hibs becoming utterly pish pretty much coincides with me leaving Scotland - November 2007. I recall we luckily drew 2-2 with Dundee Utd at home on the day I left. Other than a brief flurry under Hughes, we've been pish ever since!

Should I return?

First Team Regular
    Been pish since we won the league cup. We never built on that result. Massive mistake

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

Six years?? Other than a couple of brief spells we have been ***** for over 36 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Hibs becoming utterly pish pretty much coincides with me leaving Scotland - November 2007. I recall we luckily drew 2-2 with Dundee Utd at home on the day I left. Other than a brief flurry under Hughes, we've been pish ever since!

Should I return?
    Should the rest of us emigrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Should the rest of us emigrate?
    Yes, at least that way you can have a good moan like me without having to suffer the games themselves!

Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

We have been absolute gash since that damn thing opened, pampering footballers is a dangerous game, I couldn't care less about "5*" facilities!

It's clear it doesn't work and our style of play has rapidly went downhill since we started training on it.

That is all.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't know what the answer is. If there was a simple solution, it would have been implemented by now. There seems no desire to make the big step forward that we're crying out for. The whole club appears moribund. Unless some foreign billionaire buys the club, I don't know how we're going to make any significant progress. Nothing seems to work.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I've been saying this since the Calderwood debacle.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change until we get changes right at the very top of the club.

We'll probably bring in a whole host of new players in the summer and we'll be asked to give them time to gel and we'll be told about how it's another transitional period (God, how I hate that phrase).

In 12-18 months' time, we'll find that very little has changed from where we are right now and we'll be back to square one. We might even have another new manager (which would be our 11th permanent manager since the turn of the century) and (yep, you guessed it) yet another period of transition!

People need to open their eyes to the real problems at the club.

Coaching Staff
    It's going to last as long as we continue to act the way we do when we have a rough patch or progress isn't as quick as we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's going to last as long as we continue to act the way we do when we have a rough patch or progress isn't as quick as we want.
    or progress isn't as quick as we want.[/QUOTE]

Is 6 years not long enough like/

Dearie me...

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

We have been absolute gash since that damn thing opened, pampering footballers is a dangerous game, I couldn't care less about "5*" facilities!

It's clear it doesn't work and our style of play has rapidly went downhill since we started training on it.

That is all.
    Agreed!!

What annoys me is that other teams (i.e.) Aberdeen have progressed almost instantly under McInnes and he was booted out of the lower English leagues as a failure yet comes in and has an instant impact as with a few others in the SPFL have done, us? we would struggle with Guardiola or Jose in charge of us, something not quite right at ER as I have said for ages now and genuinely thought TB would make an impact right away, clearly not, WTF is wrong here???

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Agreed!!
    Amazing. Simply amazing.

Only on this site can our lack of success be put down to our training facilities being too good.

Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.
    I do agree to an extent with this tbh but it's having 5 star facilities that can attract decent players to the club. It's not the centre itself thats the problem, its clearly what goes on inside it that is.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.
    Just shut the club down while you're at it.

Do you think we would be a lot better if we were training at Wardie or Pinkie?

Some outstanding stuff on here tonight chaps. And it's all so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    I do agree to an extent with this tbh but it's having 5 star facilities that can attract decent players to the club. It's not the centre itself thats the problem, its clearly what goes on inside it that is.
    You are quite right of course it does attract players to us but surely as you say it's what goes on inside that counts so successive managers have failed to get anything resembling a decent team on the park what does that tell us?

I simply cannot get my head around why we have made hardly any progress except a few good youngsters coming through that to be honest looks good but has no end product on the park so far.

A lifetime, is the simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Just shut the club down while you're at it.

Do you think we would be a lot better if we were training at Wardie or Pinkie?
    God no! Gullane or Arthurs Seat!

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Some outstanding stuff on here tonight chaps. And it's all so predictable.
    What do you expect? we are all searching for answers, it seems no one else is...

What annoys me is that other teams (i.e.) Aberdeen have progressed almost instantly under McInnes and he was booted out of the lower English leagues as a failure yet comes in and has an instant impact as with a few others in the SPFL have done, us? we would struggle with Guardiola or Jose in charge of us, something not quite right at ER as I have said for ages now and genuinely thought TB would make an impact right away, clearly not, WTF is wrong here???

we dont have good enough players,simples

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I'm 42 and only really remember two decent spells. Mowbray and McLiesh.
    2 cups under Miller and Collins but the rest of the time we have been *****.

Not looking like its going to change anytime soon.

Edit : actually I'm only 41 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    we dont have good enough players,simples
    And as soon as we get "good enough" players we punt them to other teams...simples, not disagreeing with you but it's just a vicious circle isn't it? and it's us the fans who suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

Freshen up the team, get rid of a lot of deadwood. Who would we keep? That's the question, it should be, Who would we get rid of?