hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

worst ref at easter road this season ?

Who is the worst ref seen at ER this season ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    That's an easy one. Not just the worst ref at easter road this season. The worst I have seen ever is Craig Thomson.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Hard to tell this year. I can't remember there names but pretty sure ref's have not given pen's in following games at ER
    ICT game lost 2-0, stonewall pen on Forster, st Johnstone at Xmas 0-0 denied stonewall pen think it was Collins, st Mirren a couple of weeks ago lost 3-2 last min handball, last game v Celtic lost 4-0 Collins brought down.

4 different refs all big decisions.

Trying to remember the last time we had a decent ref at ER. Probably a European tie.

This isn't even up for discussion.

The obvious one would be Thompson but I'm gona go for that dingle on Sunday at Easter road in the hearts game! worst display I've seen in many a month

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Only ref I've been reasonably impressed with over a game was Bobby Madden at New Year. Been some awful decisions and performances from all the others - although Alan Muir's display v St Johnstone for the Robertson booking really rankles.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The obvious one would be Thompson but I'm gona go for that dingle on Sunday at Easter road in the hearts game! worst display I've seen in many a month
    It's amazing how whenever a referee is having an "off day" in any game involving Hearts, it always favours Hearts.

I mean, when have you ever seen a poor refereeing display go against them?

Can't see past CT. Would love to, but can't.

Seen a fair few horrible performances this season alone but Craig Thomson (just typing his name annoys me) tops it. Prick.

craig Thompson is the dingle of all dingles imho. that eejit at the buddies game at ER gets first prize for performances at the holy ground this season though. willie colm is acceptable

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I think what is most poignant about this thread is that you could pick any of them and you would be correct.
    That fact alone shows that the standard of refereeing in Scotland is at an all time low .......... and falling.

Alan Muir v St Johnstone before Christmas. Absolute shocker.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    That's an easy one. Not just the worst ref at easter road this season. The worst I have seen ever is Craig Thomson.

On the basis that Thomson is a corrupt cheat who detests us and does us down at every opportunity, a more meaningful question is who is the worst ref other than him; which hopefully reduces the assessment to mere competence or otherwise.

A night game v rangers a few years ago.old east stand, I'm sure alan freeland was the ref. the atmosphere that game and hassle ref got was really bad

Left by mutual consent!
    If you ignore the cheat because that's what he is then for just poor refereeing it has tae be Muir against St, Johnstone, absolute howler. Followed by gollum

Quote Originally Posted by craigmounthibby View Post
    Alan Muir v St Johnstone before Christmas. Absolute shocker.
    Aye. That was the game that he booked Scott Robertson for pointing out that the wall was only about 6 yards away!

For any referee to be considered worse than Craig Thomson, they would have to wear a Hearts top, steal the bust of Father Canon Hannan, stuff it with explosives and detonate it inside the Dnipro kids orphanage, while massacring fleeing survivors with an AK 47 in one hand, twirling a maroon scarf in the other and singing the Hearts version of 'My Way'.

Even then it might be a close call.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    For any referee to be considered worse than Craig Thomson, they would have to wear a Hearts top, steal the bust of Father Canon Hannan, stuff it with explosives and detonate it inside the Dnipro kids orphanage, while massacring fleeing survivors with an AK 47 in one hand, twirling a maroon scarf in the other and singing the Hearts version of 'My Way'.

Even then it might be a close call.
    Interestingly enough, theres a thread over on P&B with fans from other clubs who are touting Thomson as Scotlands best.

I know the standards are poor all round, but what are these people on?

Who else but Craig Thomson

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Aye. That was the game that he booked Scott Robertson for pointing out that the wall was only about 6 yards away!
    What made that incident better was the ref offered to move the ball FORWARD to compensate......

REALLY?!?

But CT will always win this contest

Quote Originally Posted by dastardly8 View Post
    Who is the worst ref seen at ER this season ?
    Don't know about the worst this season but do you remember the Portugeuse refs at ER when ours were on strike? I remember they were very professional and the game flowed without any hassle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by salinehibs View Post
    Don't know about the worst this season but do you remember the Portugeuse refs at ER when ours were on strike? I remember they were very professional and the game flowed without any hassle.
    Maltese.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Yep, gets my vote. Let's not forget Collins getting his shooting leg taken out in the box in the last few minutes. "Play on Boys!" WTF!

J

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Maltese.
    Maltesers eh! Sweet

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Them all, would be the correct answer.

@hibs.net private member
    Craig Thomson

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Craig Thomson has held this accolade for the last 10 years

First Team Breakthrough Hexham Hibee's Avatar
    Yellows.xls

This table shows the ratio of yellow cards for and against teams. This is not based on just one game but all the games the ref has officiated in against all the SPFL teams. EG for all games involving Hibs where CT has been ref he has booked 73 Hibs players and 44 opposition players = 73/44= 1.66.

Simply put if a ref has booked the same number of players from each team then that ratio would be 1:00. But if he books less players for one team but more for the other team then the ratio is less than 1:00 (Look along the Celtic line and you'll see that only Bobby Madden has booked more Celtic players than those of other teams). You will also see that all other refs have booked fewer Celtic players but more of the opponents players

However if he books more players of one team than an other the ratio is more than 1:00. E.g. For every 1 yellow card CT has handed out to our opponenets he will book 1.66 Hibs players!

So who is the worst? Taken with a pinch of salt and caveats such as statistically significant and all that there are some talking points in there. Finnie books twice as many Hibs players than other our opposition but that is based on 17 for Hibs and 8 for other teams.

A wee bit west coast bias in Iain Brines figures?

Happy looking and we will see how much paranoia this generates.

GGTTH

ps The figures are based on info from www.transfermarkt.co.uk

Craig Thompson always has a howler against us. Doesn't even try to disguise his dislike for us anymore. Unprofessional, cheating hearts *******. God only knows why this hearts ******* was given the 2012 cup final. Can you imagine if that had been the OF, if a ref who clearly had alliances to rangers was appointed to referee and OF cup final, celtic would have been in up roar.