hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return for KT?

Return for KT?

Now the window is closed will Terry give Thommo another chance? Seems a no brainer for me. Really hope both parties can wipe the slate clean as KT,s dig and passing game will really benefit the pacy new signings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now the window is closed will Terry give Thommo another chance? Seems a no brainer for me. Really hope both parties can wipe the slate clean as KT,s dig and passing game will really benefit the pacy new signings.
    Really? Another debate on Thomson.

For me, absolutely not in our current system of pace and getting forward quickly.

More importantly, i reckon our management team will make a call on it.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post

For me, absolutely not in our current system of pace and getting forward quickly.

Has there ever been anything in the press questioning why he's not featured? Or are injuries being used as a convenient/accurate reason for him not featuring.

All seems strangely quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Has there ever been anything in the press questioning why he's not featured? Or are injuries being used as a convenient/accurate reason for him not featuring.

All seems strangely quiet.
    I agree the whole situation is very strange

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Do some people honestly believe that he's not being picked for absolutely no reason what so ever?

Left by mutual consent!
    He wont play again.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Not before young Sam Stanton, so KT is a bit down the pecking order for me, IF he is ever even quoted.
    Last edited by MB62; 03-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Do some people honestly believe that he's not being picked for absolutely no reason what so ever?
    Thought he was injured

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought he was injured
    Butcher said himself that KT was free to leave anytime. So I can't see him playing any part in the future set up.

The guy's a top player at SPL level and i do feel we are missing out by not playing him, but it would appear there are some serious attitude problems and I'd be surprised if he did play for us again.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post

Are you saying Katie is physically incapable of kicking the ball forward?

I can accept that maybe he's not been doing what's been asked of him in training or he's fallen out with the management team, but he surely is good enough to adapt to a different style of play.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

I can accept that maybe he's not been doing what's been asked of him in training or he's fallen out with the management team, but he surely is good enough to adapt to a different style of play.

Good enough, yes. Willing to? There seems to be some question about that.

There can be only one boss in a dressing-room and on the training-ground, and that should be the manager.

While I think Terry has done a fantastic job with very limited resources I do think he is making a grave error in overlooking KT. A team has to have a balance and while we TB is looking for a fast, direct attacking team we cant play 11 attackers. KT is the perfect man to hold that midfield together. If there is a valid reason that he shouldnt be picked then we should get to know something of this. The silence on this subject is deafening!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I thought he was too slow and ponderous and didn't create anything for us. However I'd like to try him again with the new methods and faces to see if there is any change. However TB and MM know best.

Considering how poor Liam Craig has been of late, it seems like an easy swap for a few games. However if it is to do with attitude and an unwillingness to adapt to the more strenous training then fair enough. TB has to be the boss in no uncertain terms, we have had enough mangers who had coax players along.

Then again maybe KT has been injured and has simply not recovered enough to play and TB doesn't see him having a future considering age and previous injuries. That said I'd imagine McPake is that category as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

For those who claim that KT slows the game up, I'd love to know what they think Liam Craig does in more or less the same role!

I'm not criticising Liam really as its just not the the best way to use him. However it's a load of guff to say KT can't fit in to this new system, as if all the current midfielders are bombing forward at pace!

I'm more than confident with the right players around him that Thomson could do an outstanding job in the midfield. The problem before and after he got here was that ALL the midfielders just wanted to play square balls to each other. If someone makes a good angle for a forward pass Thomson will find them.

Seen more than one current player describing him as our best player recently- that'll do me.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    He wont play again.
    dont be too sure

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought he was injured
    he was, fit now though but wasn't always the reason he wasn't being selected as he was left out when fit at some points

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Not before young Sam Stanton, so KT is a bit down the pecking order for me, IF he is ever even quoted.
    Agree he is down the pecking order but wouldn't be surprised if he features between now and the end of the season

Central midfield has been pretty abysmal lately. Craig in particular just continuously gives the ball away so KT might find himself getting a run out at some point.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    dont be too sure

he was, fit now though but wasn't always the reason he wasn't being selected as he was left out when fit at some

Agree he is down the pecking order but wouldn't be surprised if he features between now and the end of the season

I think he will feature at some stage. Craig suspended for the next league game

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thomson has appeared twice since his infamous row with Malpas, maybe the management team don't rate him above others?

Quote Originally Posted by Uphall Hibby View Post
    While I think Terry has done a fantastic job with very limited resources I do think he is making a grave error in overlooking KT. A team has to have a balance and while we TB is looking for a fast, direct attacking team we cant play 11 attackers. KT is the perfect man to hold that midfield together. If there is a valid reason that he shouldnt be picked then we should get to know something of this. The silence on this subject is deafening!!

I am not saying their wrong in not playing him. There may be a valid reason with either his fitness or attitude. I just think if they would give us a reason for not playing him then we can put it behind us. Until such time as they do there will be all this unnecessary speculation!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This. He's a good player who could easily adapt his game to suit any style of play. There is no doubt that this is more than just a football problem.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

It seems to me that T.B. has been asking Liam Craig to do a sitting role in midfield, a role that IMO has affected his performances and all but nullified his excellent left peg in dangerous positions further forward.
    IF this is actually the case and T.B. wants to play someone in that role, I feel K.T. is maybe more suited to it.
    Of course, I could be totally wrong with the tactics and Liam has just been having a nightmare few games.
    Last edited by MB62; 03-02-2014 at 02:36 PM.

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    What a fud you are
    It's amazing the personal abuse you get away with on here if your post count is high enough. No need.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    It seems to me that T.B. has been asking Liam Craig to do a sitting role in midfield, a role that IMO has affected his performances and all but nullified his excellent peg in dangerous positions further forward.
    IF this is actually the case and T.B. wants to play someone in that role, I feel K.T. is maybe more suited to it.
    Of course, I could be totally wrong with the tactics and Liam has just been having a nightmare few games.
    This. Craig should be played differently or dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    For those who claim that KT slows the game up, I'd love to know what they think Liam Craig does in more or less the same role!

I'm not criticising Liam really as its just not the the best way to use him. However it's a load of guff to say KT can't fit in to this new system, as if all the current midfielders are bombing forward at pace!

I'm more than confident with the right players around him that Thomson could do an outstanding job in the midfield. The problem before and after he got here was that ALL the midfielders just wanted to play square balls to each other. If someone makes a good angle for a forward pass Thomson will find them.

Seen more than one current player describing him as our best player recently- that'll do me.
    This

I reckon:

Robertson and KT as holding players with

Stanton Craig and Harris

playing as a forward midfield 3 with

Collins up top

would be good.

People who sit on here claiming Thomson can't contribute in the current system need their heads checked. He's our most gifted player. If there's issues to be resolved TB needs to address these and get the best out of a player who we will still be paying til the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

No, i never said that.

He is slow, and doesn't have a change of pace. There are only two places up for grabs as a sitting midfielder. Liam Craig hasn't scored lately but does score more than Thomson and Robertson is an engine who never stops and is also capable of a goal.

Thomson, i just don't see what he offers.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"