hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

You'll need a strong stomach to view this. EPL salaries, player by player!

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/prem...-club-by-club/

The list isn't complete, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Steven Fletcher is on £30k a week. His namesake Darren is on £80k.

And remember a certain Ricardo Vaz Te that many people on here thought wasn't "Hibs class" (to put it mildly)?

Well, someone clearly agrees with them. They think he's well above Hibs class as he's on £38k a week.

I'm not sure if these figures include bonuses, and they certainly won't include personal sponsorship deals and image rights, but there's enough information there to feed all your envy needs!

Enjoy!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And remember a certain Ricardo Vaz Te that many people on here thought wasn't "Hibs class" (to put it mildly)?

Well, someone clearly agrees with them. They think he's well above Hibs class as he's on £38k a week.

I'm not sure if these figures include bonuses, and they certainly won't include personal sponsorship deals and image rights, but there's enough information there to feed all your envy needs!

Enjoy!
    Ridiculous! a Man C player on £220,000 per week until 2017 ****!! Austerity measure eh!?

Aguero nearly on a quarter of a million per week. Great if you can afford it, but was recently out for a month came back last night and limped off again and who knows for how long this time. However, Man City don't need to worry that much with all the cover they have. Imagine what we would be like with out Collins, ha ha. Poles apart and stuff like that highlights the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Ridiculous! a Man C player on £220,000 per week until 2017 ****!! Austerity measure eh!?
    Wayne Rooney is on 240k per week!

***** modern football.

Alexander Buttner gets £15K a week?!

I'm going to get my boots back out if that's the going rate for below average players.

It is quite interesting to see the massive difference between top players at the 'big' clubs and what guys at the likes of West Ham and Fulham are earning. It's still big money to us mere mortals but it's a different level from the Rooneys, Agueros et al.

Oh and £2.2M a year for Sam Allardyce. Jeezo.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 30-01-2014 at 09:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm sure i heard last night before the Tottenhan v City match, that City were still paying £40k a week towards Adebayor's salary?

Surprised to see Villa above Newcastle.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Totally wrong that the players salaries are publicised like this, it's got **** all to do with anyone else what they earn, good luck to them, if someone is willing to pay you the cash you take all you can get.

I always treat these figures with a huge dose of scepticism. whilst i appreciate wage structures are easy to come by, I actually think player contracts are based on assumptions rather than facts. These are confidential and rarely match up to what people thought they were whenever a real wage slip gets leaked. I call bull**** on the whole thing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shan_lambert View Post
    Surprised to see Villa above Newcastle.
    Credit to Mike Ashley, he does seem to know how to strip out costs from a business. Newcastle were a basket case when he bought them, he has applied the Sports Direct treatment to them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Totally wrong that the players salaries are publicised like this, it's got **** all to do with anyone else what they earn, good luck to them, if someone is willing to pay you the cash you take all you can get.
    Totally agree.......if a company wants to pay you a lottery win a year to be employed, then i'd grab it with both hands!

Left by mutual consent!
    Luis Saurez new contract makes him 300,000 a week, Liverpool highest ever paid player.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Wayne Rooney is on 240k per week!

***** modern football.
    And is supposedly now negotiating an extension to his contract on £300k a week.

Plenty of Man U fans dislike Rooney for agitating for a move but he has played a blinder... 'earning' ludicrous sums of money from Man Utd by regularly threatening to leave.

Everton punching above their financial muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Enjoy!
    Good luck to him. Not saying he deserves it (can't really make a case for anyone 'deserving' that kind of money) but he's obviously doing very, very well for himself.

Is this information from Forbes? The source is important because I am not sure how much of this is genuinely in the public domain. Anyhow, thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Luis Saurez new contract makes him 300,000 a week, Liverpool highest ever paid player.
    That only kicks in if he decides to stay on after this season. I can see why a club like Liverpool would offer him that sort of wage as Liverpool need him more than he needs Liverpool. He could walk into almost any team he wanted to and Liverpool know it.

Berbatov on 100k a week at fulham, Andy Carroll on 80k at west ham, madness.

Matter of time before things start getting really messy at these clubs, heard on ssn that Man City pay £639,000 A DAY on wages alone. A day. They also lost £50m last year. Not a business model that any company can survive on.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

Matter of time before things start getting really messy at these clubs, heard on ssn that Man City pay £639,000 A DAY on wages alone. A day. They also lost £50m last year. Not a business model that any company can survive on.
    You can if you are owned by a sheik.

Proper money, not Romonovs fake (allegedly) laundered money.

J

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

GOOD. It's obscene and my take on this is that it is suffocating our game.

Granted, I'm from the "Old School" but I wonder if we shall ever see a testimonial given to a player for 10+ service again!........... I'm sounding like my Dad, but it's just not as good as it use to be

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post

Granted, I'm from the "Old School" but I wonder if we shall ever see a testimonial given to a player for 10+ service again!........... I'm sounding like my Dad, but it's just not as good as it use to be
    Hibs awarded one to Ian Murray, and he spent years away from the club earning himself a very nice living.

I think the attendance that day showed just how much Testimonials are thought of these days, even for players at our level.

Vaz Te wasn't Hibs class, he didn't try a leg here, no regrets losing him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post

Rooney will probably get one from Manchester United.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Think it's safe to say the Everton figures aren't accurate, as it has annual salaries listed and most of their players are earning what a lot of us on here would earn in a year!

If not, I find it pleasing that I earn more than Steven Naismith!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    And why the hell do footballlers get their salary quoted in weeks. Every other profession on these salaries would quote it as an annual wage.

Man City TV rights £88,000,000! I'm glad i've never contributed a penny of that via Sky.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    it's a disgrace that players are paid what they are.
    None of them are worth it!

EPL ticket prices are shocking and the working class fan is priced out the game.
    Ticket prices should be £20 for an Adult to attend a game. The only way this will be possible is by reducing the players wages.

I'd like to see wage caps on player - no idea how they would be implimented but it's rediculous the money there getting.

Clubs are in danger of going bust.

These salaries received in the EPL have a knock on effect as it puts the salaries up in the championship plus it stops players coming to other leagues ie Scotland as the money in lower leagues of England is better.

Football is nothing without the fans

Wage thiefs the lot of them Hail Hail

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    That's disgusting reading that. I reckon for a regular guy I have a pretty good standard of living then I put that in to perspective against someone like Buttner, a really average player who earns about as much in a fortnight as I do in a year. Madness.

Absolutely obscene, I cannot wait for the day the gravy train runs out. **** Modern Football.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    it's a disgrace that players are paid what they are.
    None of them are worth it!

EPL ticket prices are shocking and the working class fan is priced out the game.
    Ticket prices should be £20 for an Adult to attend a game. The only way this will be possible is by reducing the players wages.

I'd like to see wage caps on player - no idea how they would be implimented but it's rediculous the money there getting.

Clubs are in danger of going bust.

These salaries received in the EPL have a knock on effect as it puts the salaries up in the championship plus it stops players coming to other leagues ie Scotland as the money in lower leagues of England is better.

Football is nothing without the fans

Wage thiefs the lot of them Hail Hail
    I managed to get 2 tickets for the Manchester Derby (25th March) for £80. so it’s not that badly priced for the players you get to see / football quality.

Also last time i was at OT they done a meal deal in the kiosks and you got for £10

2 x beers (singha)
    2 x pies
    2 x sweets or packets of crisps.

If you get this at ER it woudl cost more than £10. Plus you dont get beer

Left by mutual consent!
    Biggest surprise for me by a country mile was the £3m a year (or £60k a week) for Jay Spearing.....no there is a rank average guy who has done well for himself