hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sk*cel (Attempted Signing Blocked)

Okay, I seem to be reading this in various threads scattered all over the place so I'll start one here to make sense of it - why is it suddenly virtually assumed by everyone (them, us, the press) that they are signing the twat? They are under a transfer embargo! They can't sign anyone! What possible rule would allow them to give this joker his usual inflated wages, and if it exists then who in the right mind would actually allow them to go through with it? Surely this isn't actually going to happen?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I seem to be reading this in various threads scattered all over the place so I'll start one here to make sense of it - why is it suddenly virtually assumed by everyone (them, us, the press) that they are signing the twat? They are under a transfer embargo! They can't sign anyone! What possible rule would allow them to give this joker his usual inflated wages, and if it exists then who in the right mind would actually allow them to go through with it? Surely this isn't actually going to happen?
    It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    The embargo was superseded by Admin. They can make a bid to sign one in one out but need special dispensation from the SPFL.

The yams all think it's a foregone conclusion.

I for one believe they will no be allowed to sign anyone as I think other clubs will be not so happy.

What is the point of having rules eh.

The tramps winning tonight may cause more of a fuss from the other league chairman about them trying to take the piss out the rules for the 20,000 time in the past 15 years.

If they win tonight the SPFL will throw out any appeal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    If they win tonight the SPFL will throw out any appeal imo.
    Even if they lost it wouldn't of mattered. They won't be signing anyone.

Poppy thieves trying to bend rules to their advantage by cancelling contract of a keeper, and trying to bring big konk in.......

Should be told to bolt with this cheeky audacious stunt......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Satchel is a complete shop front and I couldnt care if he signs for them or not

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    An Edinburgh business man will be paying his wages from his own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by erin-go-bragh87 View Post
    Is that not illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Window dressing .The yam fans cant seem to get enough of him It's almost obsessive behavior

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I could, because he's become a totem for them regardless of whether he's past it or not. His signing will be a two fingered salute to the league in general and us in particular.

It can not be allowed to happen

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is that not illegal?
    There are no rules against private funding per se. Celtics loan signing of Robbie Keane was privately funded.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Thomson played for free last season as Hibs had spent their budget.
    Skacel actually would take a salary from a random businessman. No chance he would play for free. Despite the fact Hearts are skint and he's been unemployed for months. It's all about him.

Fair enough they have cancelled Combes registration. However, as he's still contracted to them I think the spfl might block it on that basis. He's still being paid (possibly) so how can they bring someone else in?

Might hg be different in the case of a u21 loan player coming in for King as he's actually left the club and freed up a wage.

They can't sign anyone until Saturday at the earliest but even then it needs to be on a one in and one out basis and it's not even guaranteed to be approved.

The incoming player needs to be of similar experience and age to the player that has left them and the incoming player also needs to be paid a similar wage to the outgoing player.

Don't see bawheid coming to them any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Fair enough they have cancelled Combes registration. However, as he's still contracted to them I think the spfl might block it on that basis. He's still being paid (possibly) so how can they bring someone else in?

Might hg be different in the case of a u21 loan player coming in for King as he's actually left the club and freed up a wage.
    Be a shocker if they get away with it. Combe was never really in with a shout of playing anyway, fourth in line behind McDonald, Ridgers and Hamilton. They're at it. They better get telt tae bolt.

That's still not the point though is it? I could fund him out my pocket, still not able to sign for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Is that not illegal?
    No, it's been done before. I believe this is how they will get round the one in one out on the same wage. The one out won't be getting anything near what Skacel is going to make.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    That's still not the point though is it? I could fund him out my pocket, still not able to sign for them.
    I wasn't making an argument for his eligibility to sign mate, just telling what I know about the way they are going to fund it.

No, it's been done before. I believe this is how they will get round the one in one out on the same wage. The one out won't be getting anything near what Skacel is going to make.
    Would this be some kind of side contract then...

and there is no danger that all his past wages went through Hearts books. No evidence, just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Would this be some kind of side contract then...
    Yeah I believe so, I've been told that if they aren't allowed to sign him this time he's going to Alloa for the rest of this season, again with his wages funded elsewhere and he'll sign for them at the end of the season. I hope theirs no yams looking in, they'll be creaming themselves at this!

Contracts have to be registered with the SFA, showing the amount being paid. If he's getting money from a third party, that isn't disclosed, that would be against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    The embargo was superseded by Admin. They can make a bid to sign one in one out but need special dispensation from the SPFL.

The yams all think it's a foregone conclusion.

I for one believe they will no be allowed to sign anyone as I think other clubs will be not so happy.

What is the point of having rules eh.
    Rues are there to be broken and it seems that the whole world is bending over to help the cheats. Scottish football corrupt as it ever was. i was in nothing Glasgow today spoke to a guy in Queen Street with an SPFL logod jacket on. He told me that Hibs are disliked nothing to do with football but anti Catholic feelings. He reckoned Celtic are too powerful to hammer so lets hammer Hibs. Thought to myself that is pi5h but there does seem to be an agenda against us at times. BTW i am not Catholic although that doesn't really have any bearing on my chat. chap reckons that HMFC will get any help they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    There are no rules against private funding per se. Celtics loan signing of Robbie Keane was privately funded.
    ...but whilst in admin?

Yeah I believe so, I've been told that if they aren't allowed to sign him this time he's going to Alloa for the rest of this season, again with his wages funded elsewhere and he'll sign for them at the end of the season. I hope theirs no yams looking in, they'll be creaming themselves at this!
    Isn't it the case that clubs have to register all wage details with the SPFL though?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    All wages/ contracts have to be declared. If a businessman is funding it then it won't happen. It's don't think that's allowed. Even if it was its anything but a like for like one in one out situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Isn't it the case that clubs have to register all wage details with the SPFL though?
    Yeah probably, again though, I've been told this is all true from a very good source, I've no idea about the legalities or how they are going to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Rues are there to be broken and it seems that the whole world is bending over to help the cheats. Scottish football corrupt as it ever was. i was in nothing Glasgow today spoke to a guy in Queen Street with an SPFL logod jacket on. He told me that Hibs are disliked nothing to do with football but anti Catholic feelings. He reckoned Celtic are too powerful to hammer so lets hammer Hibs. Thought to myself that is pi5h but there does seem to be an agenda against us at times. BTW i am not Catholic although that doesn't really have any bearing on my chat. chap reckons that HMFC will get any help they need.
    No they're not. They're there to be adhered to.

And, thus far, there is no evidence of "the whole world.. bending over to help". Just media chatter and message-board mayhem.