hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will we sign anyone before Friday deadline

I hope so as we need a lift.

3 defeats in a row has knocked any momentum from derby win

Would hope the board push the boat out and get some quality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think we will bring in one permanent signing and one or two loans

2 of teh defeats were the top 2 teams in the league , nobody has beat celtic and not many have beat the sheep

i think we will see 1 or 2 before the end of the week

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

They already have done in getting our management team.

Left by mutual consent!
    1 winger 1 striker and attacking mid or fullback.

2 loans and James Vincent.

The answer is yes and more than one player. When ? when it happens and we are told .its a waiting game just now

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Yes.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    No, what we've got will easily be enough to carry us through to a 4th placed finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    No, what we've got will easily be enough to carry us through to a 4th placed finish.
    Has Andy hacked into your account?

imho if we have players of the same ability as STANTON and HARRIS in the U20s we should let them loose rather than bringing in loan players,
    a winger with pace would be good tho, plus a new signing gives everybody a lift

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Very good... Sadly TB and MM can't play in defence

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure if there's a bit of tongue in cheek there but think we'll struggle to make 6th with the current squad let alone 3rd or 4th.

All its taken is a couple of injuries in defence and suddenly we've lost 7 goals in 2 games. Although Harris back and Stanton coming through is very promising I cant see us getting higher than 6th unless we bring in a couple of players who are better than what we currently have.

Another forward, a winger and a right back would be great, even on loan.

Without that I think it'll be a frustrating few months until the summer.

Do you ever get bored of this shtick?

Hey everyone, I'm edgy and hilarious.

Yes but Absolutely no idea who. Normally get snippets but TB, MM and SM are tighter than a fishes erse with their targets

No doubt we will leave it til the last minute and make a couple of panic signings to keep the fans happy.....I seem to remember a few such signings in the past!

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I have a funny feeling that TB is only looking at loans, and then rebuild in the summer

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    But Hanlon and McGivern will be back for our next game and they can, and TB and MM cost a fair bit of cash and are mid to long term the right people to bring the club forward, not another loan signing like Matty Done.

A bit of perspective required.

Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post
    No doubt we will leave it til the last minute and make a couple of panic signings to keep the fans happy.....I seem to remember a few such signings in the past!
    This will not happen. TB has said he will only bring in players that are better than we already have and won't bring folk in for the sake of it.

Think we'll see 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

They Spent a Lot of Transfer Budget - and Could you imagine if TB came on as a sub in the last ten mins of a game.. the supporters would Love it..

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I have a funny feeling that RP is only looking at loans, and then expect TB rebuild in the summer
    Fixed that for you Mutley

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Do you ever get bored of this shtick?

Hey everyone, I'm edgy and hilarious.
    Yes.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Personally think that loans are the only real option until season ticket money comes through in the summer

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post
    We have definitely made loads of panic signings in the past at the last minute though I don't ever remember being happy about them. The feeling I recall is one of being underwhelmed. Sometimes I think Hibs insult our intelligence by thinking that players like Matt Done will make us happy as they seem to think that the support crave a signing during windows and they dither thinking that if if they just give us any old player by the end of the window, we'll all lap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    We have definitely made loads of panic signings in the past at the last minute though I don't ever remember being happy about them. The feeling I recall is one of being underwhelmed. Sometimes I think Hibs insult our intelligence by thinking that players like Matt Done will make us happy as they seem to think that the support crave a signing during windows and they dither thinking that if if they just give us any old player by the end of the window, we'll all lap it up.
    I don't think we should take it personally. We have just had a couple of management teams in the recent past who can't really spot a bargain, i.e. the best we can get out of our money. Hopefully that'll change now.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    It also sums up our attitiude to players though and how successful or otherwise they are or can be here.

We badly needed a wide player at that point - this place would have gone mental had we not made some attempt to get one in and we can see yet again how tricky Janaury is to do that with any great success.

Done actually did fine, scored an important goal away to Killie in the cup and is playing regulalrly again now in a Rochdale team that are doing very well.

He's just the sort of signing that Invesrness woud have made - only I'm sure he would have been a bit less harshly judged and given more than a handful of games before being written off.

If you take some of the players Invernerss brought in, because we keep going on about them, and think how they would have got on chucked in here - not so sure many would have been well taken to. Billy McKay scored about 3 goals in his first year. He wouldn't have got a second one here. Should the Inverness fans have been insulted about his signing the first year?

I reckon a few are going to be pretty disappointed when we don't suddenly bring in superstars - they are going to be players that will need time to settle and support. Managers haven't brought players in just for the sake of it or panics peviously - they were all brought to address a certain need at a time.

We are accepting again that Butvcher can't make a difference to the team we've got, many are happy accepting that we have dropped into bottom six and will stay there so we are asking for another whole team probbaly next year. Some will work, some won't - I hope we have the stomach for allowing a team to be built up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It also sums up our attitiude to players though and how successful or otherwise they are or can be here.

We badly needed a wide player at that point - this place would have gone mental had we not made some attempt to get one in and we can see yet again how tricky Janaury is to do that with any great success.

Done actually did fine, scored an important goal away to Killie in the cup and is playing regulalrly again now in a Rochdale team that are doing very well.

He's just the sort of signing that Invesrness woud have made - only I'm sure he would have been a bit less harshly judged and given more than a handful of games before being written off.

If you take some of the players Invernerss brought in, because we keep going on about them, and think how they would have got on chucked in here - not so sure many would have been well taken to. Billy McKay scored about 3 goals in his first year. He wouldn't have got a second one here. Should the Inverness fans have been insulted about his signing the first year?

I reckon a few are going to be pretty disappointed when we don't suddenly bring in superstars - they are going to be players that will need time to settle and support. Managers haven't brought players in just for the sake of it or panics peviously - they were all brought to address a certain need at a time.

We are accepting again that Butvcher can't make a difference to the team we've got, many are happy accepting that we have dropped into bottom six and will stay there so we are asking for another whole team probbaly next year. Some will work, some won't - I hope we have the stomach for allowing a team to be built up.
    The Matt Done signing is one the worst I have seen at Hibs. His goal at Kilmarnock was very fortuitous as well.

The problem was, Hibs needed a wide player. We already had one in Ovan Sproule who was allowed to leave to a club who pipped us in the league. The Matt Done/ Ivan Sproule transfers cost us a top 6 finish

Andy74? Is this the PF fan? Also now revealing he's happy with signings like Matt Done?!

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibee View Post
    The Matt Done signing is one the worst I have seen at Hibs. His goal at Kilmarnock was very fortuitous as well.

The problem was, Hibs needed a wide player. We already had one in Ovan Sproule who was allowed to leave to a club who pipped us in the league. The Matt Done/ Ivan Sproule transfers cost us a top 6 finish
    Yes he scored immediately against us and wouldn't celebrate. they got momentum and he got his confidence back and went on a scoring run .But we weren't playing him and not in the position Ross county utilised him in . we don't know the real reason he was forced out but if it was just to free up his wages then yes it backfired on us big style.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

You really don't do yourself any favours, Andy. Everything Fenlon did was great, even the signing of that dud.

He's doing well in the worst league in England. Super.

He was absolutely awful for Hibs.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!