Terry Speaks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25906041

Can't disagree with any of that TBH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He's spot on with what he says there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's encouraging to read/hear comments from our manager which accurately reflects what I have just witnessed for a change.

That was never a 4-0 game today and there were some positive signs there today.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I don't think there's a manager in Scotland that interviews as well at Terry. He tells it how it is, in a calm, rational manner. He is positive whenever he can be, but doesn't ignore the teams failings when home truths need to be aired. Compared to some of the slavering we hear from other SPL managers and indeed from some of our past managers, he is a breath of fresh air.

Thomson told Butcher it's not a penalty because he dived after it. Irrelevant. It's a penalty. It's not for Craig Thomson to decide what a players reaction to contact is.

He also told Nelson that it wasn't a hand ball but because it stopped a pass to a Celtic player. If it's not deliberate then it's just tough.

That's 2 mistakes he's contradicted himself for. I hope the SFA are informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thomson told Butcher it's not a penalty because he dived after it. Irrelevant. It's a penalty. It's not for Craig Thomson to decide what a players reaction to contact is. He also told Nelson that it wasn't a hand ball but because it stopped a pass to a Celtic player. If it's not deliberate then it's just tough. That's 2 mistakes he's contradicted himself for. I hope the SFA are informed.
    The guys a complete **** Witt. Simple as that. Defo penalty and if it was at he other end then he would of given it I've no doubt in my mind.

Something needs to be done to prevent him reffing our games again

Terry - welcome to the world of Hibernian and our nemesis Craig Thomson

Encouraged by the last bit.

"So, we'll regroup; hopefully get in a couple of new players next week, and go again."

It's not being paranoid at all either. This is highlighted time and time again when that Fernando Counto officiates any of our games.

Well said Terry. Should have went one further and called him a dirty cheating hertz loving welt

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    We'll never get anything from Thomson. As soon as I saw he was the ref for today's match the outcome was a foregone conclusion. He hates Hibs and doesn't hide the fact!

Thomson told Butcher it's not a penalty because he dived after it. Irrelevant. It's a penalty. It's not for Craig Thomson to decide what a players reaction to contact is.

He also told Nelson that it wasn't a hand ball but because it stopped a pass to a Celtic player. If it's not deliberate then it's just tough.

Spot on.

This is why Scottish refs have resisted being interviewed after the match. Their actions suggest they are incompetent/cheaters when on the pitch. Having to justify their decision afterwards would just confirm it.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Butcher gets cited by Lunny for his (measured & honest) post-match analysis.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    TB is a fair and honest man. Celtic have more money that buys better players than all the teams in Scotland. They will always be favourites to win games. The result today is not a fair reflection on Hibs' labours. I hope that TB will always be honest in his interviews. Today has been an unfortunate day for our team. I am confident that TB will bring success to our team and there will be many more good days than bad.
    G

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Butcher gets cited by Lunny for his (measured & honest) post-match analysis.
    Wouldn't surprise me either ,but Butcher was very guarded what he said although we all could work out what he was meaning. Listening on the radio on the way home was thinking good on you Terry ,time someone from the club said something about that ####. Why did Thomson have to run over and lecture Butcher for having the audacity to jump out his seat in the dug out with his hands in the air while still remaining in the technical area after yet another poor decision

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me either ,but Butcher was very guarded what he said although we all could work out what he was meaning. Listening on the radio on the way home was thinking good on you Terry ,time someone from the club said something about that ####. Why did Thomson have to run over and lecture Butcher for having the audacity to jump out his seat in the dug out with his hands in the air while still remaining in the technical area after yet another poor decision
    To put it simply he wanted the attention on him. He wanted to try and show he was in control. Dosent really work when you let one side away with various fouls throughout the game as well as allowing their management team onto the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I don't think he said anything out of order, was just seeking clarity on decision making

When managers are cited for expressing their opinion of a match official, an opinion totally justified once again by the bias and ineptitude of a blatant cheat, why do they have to go like lambs to the slaughter for sentencing, can they not be represented by legal means to defend their stance ?

If not we shall never have impartial refereeing as the system does not allow for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely a pen but not too sure we can grumble about the handball and then use an example of Thomson getting it wrong not give a pen against us at Pittodrie. However, that previous mistake does help highlight how rubbish a ref he is.

Yep, thought he did well walking that particular tightrope but he may receive an invitation to explain his comments.

It's bonkers that a manager is unable to give a frank and honest opinion of any of the performances on the pitch for fear of receieving a suspension or fine.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don't think he said anything out of order, was just seeking clarity on decision making
    'Wouldn't surprise me either ' was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment , was just glad to hear Butcher commenting on him , especially the ' if i told you what I thought of ref's performance I would be in front of Lunny '.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    To put it simply he wanted the attention on him. He wanted to try and show he was in control. Dosent really work when you let one side away with various fouls throughout the game as well as allowing their management team onto the pitch.
    Nothing new there mate , ONeill was never off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Hibbie View Post
    When managers are cited for expressing their opinion of a match official, an opinion totally justified once again by the bias and ineptitude of a blatant cheat, why do they have to go like lambs to the slaughter for sentencing, can they not be represented by legal means to defend their stance ?

If not we shall never have impartial refereeing as the system does not allow for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    There's plenty of corroborating "evidence"!

It's appalling that the antiquated practices of the the Scottish footballing authorities prevent open and accountable processes that can be challenged, reviewed and questioned. No-one should be beyond reproach.

What other organisation operates in such a manner in the 21st century?

It's appalling that the antiquated practices of the the Scottish footballing authorities prevent open and accountable processes that can be challenged, reviewed and questioned. No-one should be beyond reproach.

north korea springs to mind

kim jong lunny

Thought his comments were well measured and articulate. Got his point across and quite rightly highlighted that stroker Thomson's ineptitude / inconsistency. A lot of positives today from a result that flattered Celtic. As big Tel said, we move on.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Can't argue with any that what tel said in that piece. What I can't get my head around is this, we didn't get a penalty today because after contact Collins has dived.... So what about that wee hearts ******* who he gave a penalty to in that final??? If my memory serves me correctly PK pulls the boy 3 feet outside the box, runs four feet and drops like a fly. He gets a penalty?

Thomson is a shocking ref, mistake after mistake and nothing gets done about it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    Can't argue with any that what tel said in that piece. What I can't get my head around is this, we didn't get a penalty today because after contact Collins has dived.... So what about that wee hearts ******* who he gave a penalty to in that final??? If my memory serves me correctly PK pulls the boy 3 feet outside the box, runs four feet and drops like a fly. He gets a penalty?

Thomson is a shocking ref, mistake after mistake and nothing gets done about it.
    What's worse is when he dived he was still outside the box IIRC.

Blog Entries
    Tel is a breath of fresh air. When we're rubbish he says so, when we've been cheated he stands his ground & highlights the discrepancies. We learn more from TB in a 5 minute interview than we did from some of our prior managers over their career at ER. I was hugely encouraged by a lot of things today, we created more chances in open play against the best team in our league than we have done in almost any other game this season.

Question :

Is it actually forbidden for a manager to have representation at a disciplinary hearing to determine whether he has valid reasons for complaint and to ensure he is dealt with even handedly ?

Mr Thomson will be smug tonight in the knowledge that he has shafted us once again with no real threat of reproach.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    What's worse is when he dived he was still outside the box IIRC.
    Yep, with the ref in a perfect position, compare and contrast with his non-award today. Simply bent, IMO.

I don't want to get banned from .net so I will refrain from any more comments on that specimen of a man so my silent protest on him begins

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25906041

Can't disagree with any of that TBH
    He's just paranoid

It's just a pity naebody is really allowed tae speak the truth about that cheating **** and the others who are incompetent clowns. Whatever the SFA say about these clowns at least FIFA have got them sussed.