hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

Liam Craig

It has to be said, that was woeful from him today.

It could be argued he's being asked to play too deep, but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has to be said, that was woeful from him today.

It could be argued he's being asked to play too deep, but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.
    Regardless where he plays surely needs to be able to pick a pass? Dunno what's up with him recently. Not a good day at the office...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    but his perfomaces have been awful the last two home matches.
    I've been surprised at how poor he is since he arrived. Chips in with a few goals, take the odd decent set piece and puts a shift in. That is as positive as I can be about Craig.

Footballing ability though is sadly lacking especially when he is a senior player in central midfield that we rely on a great deal.

He'll be in there until the end of the season though...........

Robertson has a bit more energy, less of a goal threat and equally mediocre on the ball.

Exciting times ahead!

With Robertson back for Raith I would stick him wide right with Taiwo, Stanton and Robertson in the middle.

Craig struggled today. It wasn't his day but im happy with his overall contribution. He's scored more goals in this last month than TT will score in his career.....thats why talk of him dropping out or wide is way off the mark in my opinion. I know its not always easy but I would like to see him pick a pass on the grass more often.

My biggest issue with him is his inability to bring the ball to feet from air and think about what to do with it (when clearly has the time), when instead he opts for pointless hoofesk header to the opposition. Not sure if this is something that is being drilled in to him or he just doesn't possess the skill and composure to control the ball when not played to feet.

Still think he will play a big part for us but for me a captain should be assured on the ball and have thr ability to stamp authority on a game and I can't see this in Craig.

I think he could do with a rest, Taiwo, Stanton, Robertson and Horribine are fine by me, presuming that Thomson is not an option.

He frustrates me with these aimless lob passes to know one, and his inability to run forward with the ball at his feet. Was he like that at the Saints??

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Craig struggled today. It wasn't his day but im happy with his overall contribution. He's scored more goals in this last month than TT will score in his career.....thats why talk of him dropping out or wide is way off the mark in my opinion. I know its not always easy but I would like to see him pick a pass on the grass more often.
    He was so off the pace today brooster I thought he was carrying a bug or a knock - his lack of tracking runners was shocking and him dropping deep and not staying close to his man led to a gulf between Collins and the midfield. His 'pitch and put' type passing annoyed me today, he lacked drive.

If we are intent at times to play a long ball then he needs to be higher up the pitch to anticipate a knock down or possession being lost in that central area - too often he was deep and almost on top of Nelson and Jordon. It surprises me because he has some left peg on him and he has a tremendous shot on him.

Needs to be more switched on for me. Also thought Alex Harris had a bit of a mare today if I'm being honest - not as confident as he normally is taking on a man. That said both 'Tic full backs are lightening and they didn't get forward much.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    He frustrates me with these aimless lob passes to know one, and his inability to run forward with the ball at his feet. Was he like that at the Saints??
    He hasn't been like that in a number of games for us so I wouldn't have thought so

I was delighted to hear that we were signing him as he's a player I've admired for some time.

However he's certainly not playing for us like he was with St Johnstone.

I do think he is playing too deep, which isn't helping.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's simply not a playmaker. He also struggles to match runs from the midfield. Stick him further forward and let him attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's simply not a playmaker. He also struggles to match runs from the midfield. Stick him further forward and let him attack.

Stick him wide right next week with Robbo, Stanton and TT in the middle and Harris on the other flank.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    His poorest game for Hibs today

Woeful today but still rate him and like him as a player. Move on and get it out his mind and not the next game is my view.

Agree, with this.

He was very effective for Saints as an attacking option and he will be for us once TB and co get the right players around him.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Spot on. He was poor today but never hid and kept on trying.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Poor today in pretty much all departments. soft in the tackle.

He is guilty too often offloading square or backward instead of driving the team on and forcing it himself, which is more the type of player I thought he was.

You would expect some of the onus to be taken of him with more creative players Harris Stanton and Zoubir on the park, and the defensive job is obviously the one he's been asked to do today with us likely to become exposed. He done it poorly though.

He is capable though and you would expect him to improve.

He's a massive disappointment, not a leader and spends too much time moaning at the refs.

I don't rate him at all... Stanton is the future

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    He's a massive disappointment, not a leader and spends too much time moaning at the refs.

I don't rate him at all... Stanton is the future
    That's the problem. Stanton came in today and played very well behind Collins, which is where I'd have liked to see Craig play. Craig makes good forward runs into the box and can hit a decent strike. He's wasted playing so deep.

Craig had no influence on the game at all, he was sadly posted missing today and not for the first time! As club captain and one of our more experienced players he should be leading by example instead of leaving it to others to pick up the gauntlet. He's a better player than he's shown so far in a Hibs shirt, he needs to start performing and making a more telling contribution to the team.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Craig had no influence on the game at all, he was sadly posted missing today and not for the first time! As club captain and one of our more experienced players he should be leading by example instead of leaving it to others to pick up the gauntlet. He's a better player than he's shown so far in a Hibs shirt, he needs to start performing and making a more telling contribution to the team.
    Other than continually noising up Craig Thomson which is surely a plus point?
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Other than continually noising up Craig Thomson which is surely a plus point?
    John there was enough of us in the stands trying to noise up that B*****d today! he just thrives on it because he's got more neck than a Giraffe! Liam should have taken one for the team and booted Thomson in the plums

It's a good point you make though, I think Craig was letting Thomson's poor performance influence his own one too much today.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

John there was enough of us in the stands trying to noise up that B*****d today! he just thrives on it because he's got more neck than a Giraffe! Liam should have taken one for the team and booted Thomson in the plums

It's a good point you make though, I think Craig was letting Thomson's poor performance influence his own one too much today.
    Agree Bobo. Craig expended more effort in bollocking Thomson than he did on anything else (except his wonderful slide tackle that cleaned Nelson out in the first half!)
    This is how it feels

Agree Bobo. Craig expended more effort in bollocking Thomson than he did on anything else (except his wonderful slide tackle that cleaned Nelson out in the first half!)
    that was about the only tackle he made.

Sadly im not sure I rate liam not impressed me much at all this season and dont understand why he was made captain. He was pretty poor under wee pat and been no better under TB, other than 1 decent game up at Tannadice. I do agree that he is playing too deep tho...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

that was about the only tackle he made.

I find it intriguing that when Pat was boss there was a huge outcry on here to have Craig moved from wide left to a central position and now he's there we've got some folk saying he should be played out wide
    This is how it feels

Craig hates Thompson that was evident. Had a shocker today but still gives it his all and never hides - the same kind of comments attributed to Lewis when he gets criticised but it's glaringly silent when it's not Lewis that's getting it in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Inch Hibs View Post
    Craig hates Thompson that was evident. Had a shocker today but still gives it his all and never hides - the same kind of comments attributed to Lewis when he gets criticised but it's glaringly silent when it's not Lewis that's getting it in the neck.
    You've got the wrong man if you're implying I slate Lewis
    This is how it feels