hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stan Collymore

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar

Stan Collymore

Any one else following him on twitter? Receiving a lot of racial abuse. Horrible that it's 2014 and idiots still feel the need to be racist, hope these sh**s are punished

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster Blocks Biloxi's Avatar
    Again?

FFS.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Never knew about it so had a wee look there the now. How is this still going on? Horrible

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganRhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any one else following him on twitter? Receiving a lot of racial abuse. Horrible that it's 2014 and idiots still feel the need to be racist, hope these sh**s are punished
    Agreed Loags. Absolute ****bags!

Yeah saw that guy tonight that's sending him loads. Keyboard gangster, police have been rightly contacted.

First Team Breakthrough
    Disgraceful, I can't believe its 2014. All because he accused a player of diving. Twitter have been very slow to act

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Some of the stuff being written is absolutely vile.
    And then people are tweeting him saying he should just deactivate his twitter. Why should he have to??

I don't condone racism, but by the same token - I don't condone violence against women either. Stan's well known for attacking Ulrika Jonnson in front of Scotland fans at France 98.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    I don't condone racism, but by the same token - I don't condone violence against women either. Stan's well known for attacking Ulrika Jonnson in front of Scotland fans at France 98.
    whats that got to do with the abuse he's receiving?

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusHibby View Post
    He must have read it in the Bible. An eye for a tooth or something?

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    That's incredible in this day and age. Good on him for standing against these ignorant fools. The abuse beth tweddle received was outrageous also.

@hibs.net private member
    No place for racism but stopped following and listening to him on talk sport because he is a bell end.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    He must have read it in the Bible. An eye for a tooth or something?
    An eye for an eye will make us all blind.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Eh so that makes it ok? I hope your no older than 6 years old, tool.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    Ditto - no time for racism either but despise physical-abusers of women more !

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    An eye for a tooth or something?
    Wouldn't that be if he'd called Ulrikakakaka an Aryan slag in front of Scotland fans?

People attitude towards Collymore confuses me. George Best and Gazza both gave their wives a slap under the influence of alcohol. One was 'forgiven' almost universally whilst the other is seen as a character to be pitied. Is the willingness to forgive based on the fact they were better player or more likeable characters?

Collymore has apologised repeatedly over the years (not that that makes it ok or justifies hitting a woman), he has tried to explain whilst not excuse his actions, he has spoken openly and articulately about his battle with serious mental health problems and he's always tried to take responsibility for his own behaviour whilst pointing out there are reasons for it.

He's been outspoken against racism and homophobia in football and regularly argued that clubs should do more to prepare young players for the pressures that come with being an ordinary young man who is suddenly very rich, famous and in the public eye.

I'd stop short of saying I like him but I think he's worth listening to at times. And regardless of his past racial abuse or abuse about his health issues, both of which he receives regularly, is never acceptable.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 22-01-2014 at 07:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People attitude towards Collymore confuses me. George Best and Gazza both gave their wives a slap under the influence of alcohol. One was 'forgiven' almost universally whilst the other is seen as a character to be pitied. Is the willingness to forgive based on the fact they were better player or more likeable characters?

Collymore has apologised repeatedly over the years (not that that makes it ok or justifies hitting a woman), he has tried to explain whilst not excuse his actions, he has spoken openly and articulately about his battle with serious mental health problems and he's always tried to take responsibility for his own behaviour whilst pointing out their are reasons for it.

He's been outspoken against racism and homophobia in football and regularly argued that clubs should do more to prepare young players for the pressures that come with being an ordinary young man who is suddenly very rich, famous and in the public eye.

I'd stop short of saying I like him but I think he's worth listening to at times. And regardless of his past racial abuse or abuse about his health issues, both of which he receives regularly, is never acceptable.
    Indeed - had an airport named after him.

Spot on Pretty Boy

Stan on BBC 1 news shortly fir anyone interested

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Stan on BBC 1 news shortly fir anyone interested
    He's just been on a phone-in on Radio 5 Live. Some roaster called Douglas from Glasgow phones in and says it's OK because it's only a tiny minority. Quite incredible, but Stan saw him off nicely. Indubitably a hun.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    Excuse me? did i say it was okay to beat up women? Does this make it acceptable for people to call someone else a slave, or a cotton picker, or a n****r. Na didn't think so, tool.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The man is a fud and I hate his shouty style. However, there is no excuse for racist abuse!

Collymore has apologised repeatedly over the years (not that that makes it ok or justifies hitting a woman), he has tried to explain whilst not excuse his actions, he has spoken openly and articulately about his battle with serious mental health problems and he's always tried to take responsibility for his own behaviour whilst pointing out there are reasons for it.

Robert Burns. Another alcoholic wife beater who's life we celebrate. It's OK though, he wrote some little dinky poems and songs

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Robert Burns. Another alcoholic wife beater who's life we celebrate. It's OK though, he wrote some little dinky poems and songs
    How do you know he beat his wife?

Good post

The jail sentences which are being handed out to twitter abusers will hopefully send a message out. (the Criado-Perez case and the previous Collymore case spring to mind). The police are taking this seriously, even if Twitter isn't.

To digress a bit, I called out a racist workmate today and it felt good afterwards, even though I generally avoid confrontation and have probably been a bit cowardly about standing up to his ignorance before now. It always feels better to confront these things than ignore them.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 22-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Saved me the bother of a longer post ( not like me I know ) sums up my viewpoint perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    Not for me to answer for Angus Hibby .... but I dont think he was trying to excuse or justify what Collymore did in the past, he was just saying that two wrongs dont make a right ...... on a thread dedicated to unacceptable abuse the last word of your sentence is kind of ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The man is a fud and I hate his shouty style. However, there is no excuse for racist abuse!
    When Collymore first turned up on the Radio I was all set to hate him because of his past idiocy and the impression he gave of being a brainless thug.

Imagine my surprise to find he was articulate and more often than not spot on with some of his comments and views not only on the game he was watching but on football in general. I love his shouty style.

Disgraceful, I can't believe its 2014. All because he accused a player of diving. Twitter have been very slow to act

Twitter dont care what happens on their website