hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunday's Referee

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is ridiculous, we just had him a couple of weeks ago against Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This is ridiculous, we just had him a couple of weeks ago against Aberdeen.
    You think that's bad, check the Lino William the Conqueror

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed last weekend's St J hearts game. Good.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed last weekend's St J hearts game. Good.
    He should be sent to the east of Scotland. Terrible decisions last sat. Fir both teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    That's bad but at least we didn't get assistant ref no. 1 from the Dumbarton match
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar

Sunday: Hibs v Celtic. Ref: C Thomson

FFS!!
    This guy isnae going away is he!?
    Absolute Bell end.

Hopefully we have a new signing in before the game. Saturday was disapointing, should've had a pen and salvaged a draw.
    Will take 3 points on Sunday ;) lol

First Team Breakthrough mikethehibee69's Avatar
    To be fair the last time CT was ref at ER, he was ok, although he has had dire games when we have been ref'd by him, Willie Collum, IMO is a blatant liability and the more I see this penalty claim, the more annoyed I get:

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    It's a good thing Celtic are now thier main rivals. I might even tip ourselves to win.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Any one know how many players in the squad who are a yellow card away from suspensions, we do seem to pick up a fair share of yellow cards during games.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    As if Craig Thomson isn't bad enough, I see Willie Conquer is running one of the lines. I used to play 5s with Willie and he's a jambo, or at least he was when I knew him.

Left by mutual consent!
    If HIbs players can do there jobs properly on the park then we won't have to worry about the officials.. It won't be the refs fault if we can't defend properly..

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    If HIbs players can do there jobs properly on the park then we won't have to worry about the officials.. It won't be the refs fault if we can't defend properly..

Nope. Our players could still do their jobs properly and still get stiffed by that lanky streak of piss hertz cheating *******.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Any one know how many players in the squad who are a yellow card away from suspensions, we do seem to pick up a fair share of yellow cards during games.
    No but Ive heard Thomson has a sixth sense for that... :(
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

[QUOTE=Hibs Class;3878415]I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed lat weekend's St J hearts game. Good.[/Q

Used to work with Brian Colvin years ago at LRT
    He's a Celtic Man ! I'll say no more !!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I wasn't expecting anything out of Sunday's game in the first place, it's a shame that's now guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything out of Sunday's game in the first place, it's a shame that's now guaranteed.
    I promised myself i'd avoid hibs games when he is ref. .. but from now on, I will be another sidney and craig will send letter after letter of complaint to the sfa/spl

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    No Stokes for celtc this weekend. Yipee.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    I think we are well within our right to question CT's continual selection for Scotland's biggest matches. Some say he's bias, I just think he's completely incompetent. Only in Scotland can you make the glaring mistakes he has and get away with it.

Mind you it's not only in Scotland. Can anyone remember the European game he brought into disrepute with his utter inadequacy? Minds gone blank

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibee View Post
    I think we are well within our right to question CT's continual selection for Scotland's biggest matches. Some say he's bias, I just think he's completely incompetent. Only in Scotland can you make the glaring mistakes he has and get away with it.

Mind you it's not only in Scotland. Can anyone remember the European game he brought into disrepute with his utter inadequacy? Minds gone blank
    Even if he appears to untouchable in Scotland, the FIFA people know that he is a numpty, thats why he was never in the running to go to Brazil. he is a guy who has made so many high profile errors it simply beggars belief that he is rated our No 1 and in my opinion is by far the poorest 'top' referee Scotland have ever produced. Im sure the guys who run the line with FIFA badges are delighted that having this guy as our No 1, it means there is no chance their hard work will be rewarded with a trip to a World Cup Finals - although to be fair they probably still have more chance than any Scotland player in the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Even if he appears to untouchable in Scotland, the FIFA people know that he is a numpty, thats why he was never in the running to go to Brazil. he is a guy who has made so many high profile errors it simply beggars belief that he is rated our No 1 and in my opinion is by far the poorest 'top' referee Scotland have ever produced. Im sure the guys who run the line with FIFA badges are delighted that having this guy as our No 1, it means there is no chance their hard work will be rewarded with a trip to a World Cup Finals - although to be fair they probably still have more chance than any Scotland player in the next 10 years.
    Well unless CT has friends in high places, then I'm afraid we have no hope for Scottish referees if none of them can topple him for No 1 in Scotland. Embarrassing

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Bring back the referee from Malta and let our refs. See how it should be done

First Team Breakthrough
    I know that this is going to ruffle a few feathers but this is IMO.... there are a few scottish referees out there who are worse referees than CT. I've said it before and I'll put my neck on the line saying it again - I don't mind him.

I also met a fellow hubby in Malmo and again at S@inecast@e....we got chatting and he told me that Thomson was a friend of his wife's side of the family and the connections with He@rts are not true.... (Don't shoot the messenger).

Here's hoping I don't have to eat my words after Sunday and post that my opinion of him has changed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    I know that this is going to ruffle a few feathers but this is IMO.... there are a few scottish referees out there who are worse referees than CT. I've said it before and I'll put my neck on the line saying it again - I don't mind him.

I also met a fellow hubby in Malmo and again at S@inecast@e....we got chatting and he told me that Thomson was a friend of his wife's side of the family and the connections with He@rts are not true.... (Don't shoot the messenger).

Here's hoping I don't have to eat my words after Sunday and post that my opinion of him has changed!!
    ref.jpg

say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Bring back the referee from Malta and let our refs. See how it should be done
    If they were here for any length of time we would be giving them just as much abuse as our native Refs get. Our officials are, as a group, no worse than those in other countries.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If they were here for any length of time we would be giving them just as much abuse as our native Refs get. Our officials are, as a group, no worse than those in other countries.
    I take it you haven't been watching Hibs at all? The standard of refereeing in Scotland is far worse than any other. Here are a few examples of decisions that only Scotish referees would make. I have no idea how they managed to get these wrong

Griffiths goal that never was was such a bad decision it made the national news.

Dundee Utd's last minute penalty at Tannadice for a foul well outside the box.

Craig Thomson makes the same decision in the Cup Final.

Paul Hanlon's goal that never went anywhere near the line v Dunfemrline.

Wotherspoon wins a penalty at Fir Park for being fouled outside the box.

Not just games involving Hibs though. Hearts versus St Johnstone at the weekend topped the lot. Referee managed to get EVERY single decision wrong. And how can we forget the incident where Dougie Macdonald admits lying to Neil Lennon about a decision?

Bring back the Maltese refs please!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    ref.jpg

say no more.
    Anytime some Hertz **** or anyone else for that matter tries to make out CT is not a blatant cheat, that picture must be shown..

Disgraceful

@hibs.net private member
    Well tin hat on....people who actually think CT cheats against Hibs are wrong. He is simply not a good referee. You actually think he chooses his decisions to give us a hard time? wake up guys - he has simply made a number of bad decisions.... How would you explain the decision against Aberdeen when he didn't give them a blatant penalty? more obvious a call than the foul on Heff . Did he decide to be nice to us on that one? There will be others - It paranoia - used to be commonly a Celtic thing - seems to be more prevalent amongst our fans these days..

And those showing the cup final penalty pic - so he got it wrong (or maybe his linesman did) let's remember though - it was still a foul, and Kujabi was still getting sent off for a second booking...

It's boring, they are human - get over it

Frankly , whilst hugely frustrating at times, debating referees decisions is just one of the reasons football is magic!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Well tin hat on....people who actually think CT cheats against Hibs are wrong. He is simply not a good referee. You actually think he chooses his decisions to give us a hard time? wake up guys - he has simply made a number of bad decisions.... How would you explain the decision against Aberdeen when he didn't give them a blatant penalty? more obvious a call than the foul on Heff . Did he decide to be nice to us on that one? There will be others - It paranoia - used to be commonly a Celtic thing - seems to be more prevalent amongst our fans these days..

And those showing the cup final penalty pic - so he got it wrong (or maybe his linesman did) let's remember though - it was still a foul, and Kujabi was still getting sent off for a second booking...

It's boring, they are human - get over it

Frankly , whilst hugely frustrating at times, debating referees decisions is just one of the reasons football is magic!
    He's a cheat

Plenty other instances of him cheating against us

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    He's a cheat

Plenty other instances of him cheating against us

Nonsense and a whole number of games in last 12 months , where nothing untoward has happened - its a chip on the shoulder...a big one at that