hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rangers skint but use 5 star hotel

Not seen this posted anywhere.

Heard this on Sportsound last night, Rangers who are apparently skint and asking their players to take pay cut used the 5 star Carnoustie hotel prior to their game last night. The punters on the show where ripping them to shreads saying they still think they are billy big baws and pampering their players like they were still millionares and acting like they were still in the premiership instead of a 3rd tier club with huge money problems, just hate them with fervour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not seen this posted anywhere.

Heard this on Sportsound last night, Rangers who are apparently skint and asking their players to take pay cut used the 5 star Carnoustie hotel prior to their game last night. The punters on the show where ripping them to shreads saying they still think they are billy big baws and pampering their players like they were still millionares and acting like they were still in the premiership instead of a 3rd tier club with huge money problems, just hate them with fervour.
    Heard this too. They don't do 4 star stays!

The way they seem to be running themselves has been crazy since they became a new club and entered div 3.

At the heart of it all is arrogance and a need to save face. They still have a big club mentality and don't want to be seen to be skimping on anything as that would be seen as embarrassing.

Wait till they are back in the SPL and qualifying for Europe again. They'll not be able to resist over spending and will be back in admin and maybe even bust again before you know it.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Madness
    Bedlam

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Yet everybody will be against them/out to get them when the **** hits the fan for the second time
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Hilarious ! Is that administration knocking on McCoists 5 star hotel room door !!!!

I had the displeasure of seeing a few of my Hun pals Facebook chatting last night. They were genuinely boasting about how good a manager Sally is... just look at his record this season... remarkable etc.

How thick are these erseholes ?

Put Mike Tyson in against a 5 year old kid , see how he fairs... fannies.

They have learned absolutely nothing.

**** them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

**** them.
    **** them.

If, they make it back to the SPFL I'd like to think they would struggle with the players they have.

It's not as though they have truck loads of cash to shore it up.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Heard this too. They don't do 4 star stays!

The way they seem to be running themselves has been crazy since they became a new club and entered div 3.

At the heart of it all is arrogance and a need to save face. They still have a big club mentality and don't want to be seen to be skimping on anything as that would be seen as embarrassing.

Wait till they are back in the SPL and qualifying for Europe again. They'll not be able to resist over spending and will be back in admin and maybe even bust again before you know it.
    We all know this and they won't accept it. So for me the real question is what checks and balances were put in place by new governing body to deal with situations like this and the answer is very little. Sporting Integrity and Financial Prudence and clubs living within their means were fudged as they knew this scenario would arise ,and they didn't want to take it on as they want them back in top flight as soon as they can .St mirren objected that financial rules weren't strong enough as did others but at the end of the day the old firm Monopoly is what is seen as the Cash Cow and it must be reinstated at all costs. That's why if and when admin 2 becomes the Sequal , you can bet they rules will be fudged. McCoist is right to build up a big lead and knew that was needed in case they did enter admin again.They will take there points deduction ,still go up and into the mix with hearts in what strangely will be an interesting league next year. The new new old Sevco or whatever they are renamed won't blink an eyelid ,they will hike up season ticket prices ,get new investment ,as crooks fall over themselves for a piece of the action and to siphon off money for themselves in process.

They still have their honours all intact as integrity didn't stretch that far.

They will raise more Capital from further share issue and try and buy their way back to where they feel they have belonged all along.

Then restored and fully paid there limited penance ! The Blue Phenix will rise once more from the Ashes to put clubs like us back in there place for being one of the protagonists that led to their downfall.
    At no point will there be any humility or remorse. The only possible stumbling block will be how there finances are when they return to Utopia ,and can they buy back second place in the first season . They will believe they can,as season tickets go up andSponsors increase.

However what should of been built in as an integral part of new set up ,a set of workable financial regulations to underpin Sporting Integrity isn't there .

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Almost as stupid as a brand new club wearing 5 stars on their strip.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    4 star. But hardly the point.

Keep spending, sally, keep spending.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    I had the displeasure of seeing a few of my Hun pals Facebook chatting last night. They were genuinely boasting about how good a manager Sally is... just look at his record this season... remarkable etc.

How thick are these erseholes ?

Put Mike Tyson in against a 5 year old kid , see how he fairs... fannies.
    Salary McCoist is mugging these punters every single week. Now he's only taking eight grand a week from the club, mind, instead of the £16k a week he was fleecing them for. In terms of lining his own pockets, he's played it very well indeed.

Oh, and of course you can rely on McCoist to publicly back whoever is in charge (i.e. paying his money) at any given time, and then slag them off once they're gone and he needs to ingratiate himself with the new regime.

I hope they do keep spending and end up in another mess and have to go through another embarressing cycle of admin or liquidation. The only problem is that others will end up paying the price as they bump whoever they can until they can get some champions league money.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Almost as stupid as a brand new club wearing 5 stars on their strip.
    or 1872 under the collar as i noticed last night.... how is this allowed?

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    As much as this pains me, I think that I may actually dislike them more than Hearts. That said, I could see Hearts getting into very similar situations with their Big Club mentality.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Salary McCoist is mugging these punters every single week. Now he's only taking eight grand a week from the club, mind, instead of the £16k a week he was fleecing them for. In terms of lining his own pockets, he's played it very well indeed.

Oh, and of course you can rely on McCoist to publicly back whoever is in charge (i.e. paying his money) at any given time, and then slag them off once they're gone and he needs to ingratiate himself with the new regime.

McCoist is a genius. It's actually quite genuinely impressive that he can "agree" to halve his salary down to a measly £8000 per week (which, equates to about £230,000 a year AFTER tax) and the supporters of his club still love him. This would be the club that are bleeding money and are playing against teams whose entire running costs are significantly less than his yearly salary. And yet, despite this, he's heralded as some great manager due to his "fantastic winning record" (to quote a Rangers supporting pal of mine).

Eh? Genuinely, I don't get it.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Thing is their player wages are only around 35% of turnover, they'll have to make cuts elsewhere. It seems strange it was the players asked to take a cut when there is clearly so much overspend in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

**** them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    **** them.

If, they make it back to the SPFL I'd like to think they would struggle with the players they have.

It's not as though they have truck loads of cash to shore it up.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    4 star. But hardly the point.

Keep spending, sally, keep spending.
    In buckets!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBruce View Post
    Hilarious ! Is that administration knocking on McCoists 5 star hotel room door !!!!
    Paid for by the tax man and other small creditors, no doubt.

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberña's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I hope they do keep spending and end up in another mess and have to go through another embarressing cycle of admin or liquidation. The only problem is that others will end up paying the price as they bump whoever they can until they can get some champions league money.
    Don't you just love Financial Fair Play?

@hibs.net private member London Hibs FC's Avatar
    As much as I detest them and am happy to see them blow what little finances they have left I'd doubt that they'd have paid much more than £50 per twin room at that hotel, good chance that The Rangers settled a percentage of any invoice on barter too. They generally travel with their own Chef so food costs would be kept to a minimum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs FC View Post
    As much as I detest them and am happy to see them blow what little finances they have left I'd doubt that they'd have paid much more than £50 per twin room at that hotel, good chance that The Rangers settled a percentage of any invoice on barter too. They generally travel with their own Chef so food costs would be kept to a minimum as well.

£50 for a 5 star hotel, nah I don't think so

It's a 4 Star 'leisure' Hotel for a Tuesday night in the low season of January, have a wee look on their website Buddy and see what rate comes up for next week based on two people sharing and come back to me

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a 4 star and you can pick up a room for £54/night. Having been inside recently it is a very tired looking 4 star that's well past its best. A bit like The Rangers.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by London Hibs FC View Post
    Forfar is only a two hour drive from Glasgow and they're going their to play a 7.45pm fixture for a league that is all but wrapped up. The Rangers' players could have a full day training at their ground and still make it to the match no bother. For a third-tier club cutting costs, a night stay in a hostel dorm is still pretty needless.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Rangers manager Ally McCoist has defended the club's decision to book his squad into a four-star hotel before their win at Forfar.
    The players stayed at the Carnoustie Hotel before Monday's League One game at Station Park.
    "I can understand people questioning it," said the Rangers boss, whose club reported losses of £14.4m for the 13 months to July.
    "But it's my job to give our players the best opportunity to perform."
    "It's my job as Rangers manager to give our players the best opportunity we can to perform."

Chief executive Graham Wallace is aiming to reduce costs at the cash-strapped club and last week proposed a 15% wage cut for the playing staff, which they rejected.
    McCoist, who recently accepted a 50% cut to his £825,000 salary with the League One leaders, backed his players' decision to reject the wage cut.
    And he said the decision to stay at the hotel was simply a question of "preparing professionally".
    "We are still Rangers Football Club and have always attempted to be as professional as we can," he said.
    "That will never change as long as I'm manager.
    "To give the players the opportunity to play as well as they can you have to prepare as well as you can. We will continue to do that until I'm told otherwise."

Unbelievable - it's hardly as if they're traversing the bloody country or the KO was unfeasibly early.

Most of the bloody Forfar players arrived at the stadium after doing a hard day's graft and ran them bloody close last night.

Preparing professionally? A 2-hour bus ride is hardly going to seize them up to the point where they're unable to play, particularly given the quality of most team coaches these days.

Keep up the good work Ally - just remember sporting integrity when the bills come in and haul you to your knees again
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a 4 star and you can pick up a room for £54/night. Having been inside recently it is a very tired looking 4 star that's well past its best. A bit like The Rangers.
    Absolutely! If I were GM of that hotel I'd bite a client's hand off for 20 rooms for one night in January and throw in any meeting rooms they need for free ...... as I say, there's a good chance that The Rangers bartered in a few Hospitality Spaces for the GM and Sales Director to entertain their clients too. I've struck a good few deals like that in the past.

They said it wasn't a nights stay, it was lunch, spa and rooms for the players to have a mid afternoon nap if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]

Unbelievable - it's hardly as if they're traversing the bloody country or the KO was unfeasibly early.

Most of the bloody Forfar players arrived at the stadium after doing a hard day's graft and ran them bloody close last night.

Preparing professionally? A 2-hour bus ride is hardly going to seize them up to the point where they're unable to play, particularly given the quality of most team coaches these days.

Keep up the good work Ally - just remember sporting integrity when the bills come in and haul you to your knees again
    Pretentious nonsense but let them get on with it Another example of how they need to keep the persona up of we are the big club