hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Not getting signings this Window

- this will test whether there is patience or not

Terrys quotes

"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," said Butcher.
    "That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words. It tells me the squad depth isn't there."
    Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.
    "There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.
    "I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.
    "They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.
    "It's baffling as to where that performance came from."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - this will test whether there is patience or not

Terrys quotes

"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," said Butcher.
    "That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words. It tells me the squad depth isn't there."
    Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.
    "There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.
    "I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.
    "They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.
    "It's baffling as to where that performance came from."
    TBF I think he meant he wont be able to get them all in the January window as opposed to not getting any
    This is how it feels

I've said it before, if Terry doesn't want to panic ***** money in January with a view to building a long term side with players scouted and signed in the summer he has my 100% backing.

I will take bottom six, if in the long term it benefits the club and with Terry Malpas and Marseilla (sp) I have 100% trust for the first time since McLeish in brining the right players to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    TBF I think he meant he wont be able to get them all in the January window as opposed to not getting any
    Yep totaly agree but after watching the first 25 minutes and being 3 down bet he wished the season could be over and get the players he needs.

Just watched TB's post match on Hibs TV, he did say at the end that things were progressing and he hoped something may happen in the next week regarding getting someone in.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inch Hibs View Post
    I've said it before, if Terry doesn't want to panic ***** money in January with a view to building a long term side with players scouted and signed in the summer he has my 100% backing.

I will take bottom six, if in the long term it benefits the club and with Terry Malpas and Marseilla (sp) I have 100% trust for the first time since McLeish in brining the right players to the club.
    This
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

100% this, plus there would be another home derby .

I'd love to know who this applies to....."There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

It could be anyone.

I would have thought that with Marsella's connections, TB and MM in the know, we could have had at least one or two in. Saints had 2 Newcastle boys on loan (Boy, did they make a difference), Ross County have got some boy from Cardiff (Kiss?), who is scoring goals,Jags have got Lyle Taylor ( scoring goals).
    Hopefully, after that lot today we will see some movement before 31st January. I do have some sympathy, Murphy scored again for Sheff U today. It's not easy but if our management team are all that, something has to happen, and quick.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I'd love to know who this applies to....."There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

It could be anyone.
    Tbh the fact he doesnt bring any specific names into it suggests it could just be a piece of good management to try and keep all 11/12 players from the first half on their toes and try and get them to up their games - how do any of them know they are the ones who arent 'good enough'?

@hibs.net private member
    Subbing Cairney at HT definitely suggests he's one of the guys he's talking about?

Actually bottom six is for the best as it means we get the poppy thieves at home when they are officially down.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by gringojoe View Post
    Actually bottom six is for the best as it means we get the poppy thieves at home when they are officially down.
    Would that be at ER or Tescos ?
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Subbing Cairney at HT definitely suggests he's one of the guys he's talking about?
    Cairney was lucky to get to half time before he was subbed. If he's going to play one good game in three then he's not good enough.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

And he's right. Cairney is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by gringojoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Cairney was lucky to get to half time before he was subbed. If he's going to play one good game in three then he's not good enough.
    I'm told Cairney had flu and was a doubt. Might explain his poor showing although he's not played all that well of late anyway IMO
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Thats the problem though. It gets said every season. We'll be saying the exact same thing yet again this time next year.

We're good enough for top six this season. We were far off key today. But we're capable of grinding out enough results to get into the top six. It's not as if the league is currently oozing with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Would that be at ER or Tescos ?
    If you don't know where home is you can't make it to many matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Thats the problem though. It gets said every season. We'll be saying the exact same thing yet again this time next year.

We're good enough for top six this season. We were far off key today. But we're capable of grinding out enough results to get into the top six. It's not as if the league is currently oozing with quality.
    If it does mate it's not by me, it's usually an excuse for the managers short comings. This time I really mean it though. The top six have more settled sides and none of them have replaced the manager half way through except us choring Butcher. I would be delighted with top six if not it's not a disaster but there would be no excuse next year or hiding place if we where to get horsed off hearts this season.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Possibly true, however someone on .net suggested Cairney was recovering from flu' in which case, he might be given some slack by TB.
    Cairney has started ever game since Terry's been in charge and he's praised him in the press. No danger he's going to be punted any time soon.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    Just watched TB's post match on Hibs TV, he did say at the end that things were progressing and he hoped something may happen in the next week regarding getting someone in.
    I just watched that as well, he seemed quite confident that there would be players coming in this week.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I actually blame TB for that one, Cairney was off with the flu and shouldn't have started.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He hasn't been well all week in fairness.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Agree
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I actually blame TB for that one, Cairney was off with the flu and shouldn't have started.
    Yeah, if that's the case then I agree with you. We must be thin on the ground of we are having to start players that aren't well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post

It could be anyone.
    CMs both were brutal. Paul C too.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    CMs both were brutal. Paul C too.

@hibs.net private member
    Dare I say it for fear of upsetting some here. Thought LS was brutal at full back in the first half. He may well have been in the firing line at HT. Came on to a game in the second though.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Dare I say it for fear of upsetting some here. Thought LS was brutal at full back in the first half. He may well have been in the firing line at HT. Came on to a game in the second though.
    Whole defence were brutal first half

Does seem odd that Partick Thistle get a goal scorer in on loan but it's beyond the capabilities of Hibs to do likewise... I'm hoping Terry is just playing the scouting work down whilst behind the scenes even temporary replacements are sought