hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Well done James Collins

Another game where he works his arse off, and glad to see him get another couple of goals. Just shows, when he's in the box getting service, he'll score goals. 3 in 4 games for him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another game where he works his arse off, and glad to see him get another couple of goals. Just shows, when he's in the box getting service, he'll score goals. 3 in 4 games for him.
    Thought he was our MOTM today even before his second goal
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member

If only everyone else worked as hard as him. The passage of play in the first half when he chased defender, goalie, defender, goalie and not ONE hibs player was anywhere near was disgraceful.

Well played James.

He's been good all season in his work rate and peformances outside the box.

i think he will come good

just lacks a bit of composure at times but he's still young and seems to be making progress under butcher and mo

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    You cant fault the effort and work rate he puts in for the team, and I dont think the way we play does him any favours, so fair play to him for getting 2 goals today. The one thing that has concerned me is the fact he has missed quite a lot of good chances so far in his time at Hibs, but I think thats his 3rd goal in 4 games so hopefully he is becoming more confident in front of goal.

First Team Breakthrough
    I like JC and his work ethic. ..one thing I don't like is seeing him on the deck.... I've nick named him SPLAT with my son 😊. Totally agree too that when he starts getting a better service he'll bag more.

All his goals have been from close range. I think he needs to be a bit more selfish and play between the posts. With the exception of his goal up at St Jonstone I think all his goals have come from set pieces so he can obviously sniff out a chance. It's just in open play I don't really feel like he's going to do much. I don't really blame him for that though, I just think we need someone to compliment him as his running would maybe create space.

First Team Breakthrough

The criticism he receives is surreal. Bangs in 2 goals today and worked his socks off again. Yet he still receives grieve, utterly breathtaking.

@hibs.net private member
    He was our best player again today.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    All his goals have been from close range. I think he needs to be a bit more selfish and play between the posts. With the exception of his goal up at St Jonstone I think all his goals have come from set pieces so he can obviously sniff out a chance. It's just in open play I don't really feel like he's going to do much. I don't really blame him for that though, I just think we need someone to compliment him as his running would maybe create space.

I agree that with good service he should knock away a few goals but in open play his first touch is atrocious. Surely a professional footballer should be able to control a ball 9 times out of 10 without it bouncing 10 yards back off him. Having said that, he was also being blatantly pushed by defenders all afternoon which TBF, will not have helped.

@hibs.net private member
    I like him but sometimes drifts to far out of the box. His work rate is excellent

There were a couple of trumpets next to me today that called him useless all through the game. His work rate is fantastic and it is hardly his fault that we are making very little real chances for the strikers. The centre of midfield let us down today in both quality and determination.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Delighted he's starting to get the goals he deserves. Man of the match today again.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    I still like him. Lots.

Chases absolutely everything, comes back to help defend corners, does more work than several other player put together. And managed to get two goals today as well. Nice job.

Incidentally, I think those goals today are exactly the kind of goals that Collins scores. I don't know if people are expecting him to be Griffiths, hammering them in from outside the box, left and right footed. But I think he's more of an instinctive, latch-on-and-score kind of striker who likes playing in and around the six yard box and will be able to grab those more scrappy goals. We just need balls into that kind of area more often and he will score, I'm sure of it.

3 in 4 games now, keep it up!
    I still don't rate him, but he took both goals well today. Interested that you think he likes playing in and around the box, when its a part of the pitch he rarely ventures into.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He was our best player again today.
    Would agree.

Scored 2, tried his best to hold the ball up and worked his socks off.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Just wish he wouldn't go to ground so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    I think ideally he would like to. But if he stood around the box all game then nothing would ever happen. He has to drop deep to get involved.
    Fair enough, I think he drops far too deep, but I will never fault the guy for work rate.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    His first touch is guff. Can't argue with two goals and his work rate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's how I see him too.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    There were a couple of trumpets next to me today that called him useless all through the game. His work rate is fantastic and it is hardly his fault that we are making very little real chances for the strikers. The centre of midfield let us down today in both quality and determination.
    Guy beside me in the ff lower shouts useless at Collins at every opportunity. Hopefully this brace added to the derby goal will get the boo boys of his back and he will kick on from here .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Guy beside me in the ff lower shouts useless at Collins at every opportunity. Hopefully this brace added to the derby goal will get the boo boys of his back and he will kick on from here . Ggtth
    Maybe JC needs to misplace a shot right into the guys big gob. That might shut him up??? Then again maybe not!

In comparison with most our players his first touch is pretty good. Robertsons second touch is always a tackle.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    In comparison with most our players his first touch is pretty good. Robertsons second touch is always a tackle.
    Aye Robertson is quite bad for it too. Craig also dosent take a first touch and just boots it forward as soon as he can.

Aye Robertson is quite bad for it too. Craig also dosent take a first touch and just boots it forward as soon as he can.

I agree about Craig, very disappointed in him today. A real lack of quality in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Guy beside me in the ff lower shouts useless at Collins at every opportunity. Hopefully this brace added to the derby goal will get the boo boys of his back and he will kick on from here .

Ggtth

I hope your right about his goals shutting up the boo boys, but i think that until we start creating genuine opportunities the strikers are going to struggle to look good.
    I can't remember the young lad Cummings getting a decent chance today, basically working off scraps. We are taking the easy option too many times and firing the ball into the box from 30 yards instead of getting to the bye line.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Maybe JC needs to misplace a shot right into the guys big gob. That might shut him up??? Then again maybe not!
    He does plenty of them in the warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He does plenty of them in the warm up.
    Suppose he did. Maybe drop him a wee note where they guy is sitting. He would probably miss. :-)

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I hope your right about his goals shutting up the boo boys, but i think that until we start creating genuine opportunities the strikers are going to struggle to look good.
    I can't remember the young lad Cummings getting a decent chance today, basically working off scraps. We are taking the easy option too many times and firing the ball into the box from 30 yards instead of getting to the bye line.
    Actually, I thought Cummings had 2 completely free headers in the first half that he should've hit the target with. I like him tho, and has been more energetic than Heffernan

A guy behind me in Section 42 kept shouting that Hibs players should shoot when the chance arose. Moments later JC did just that but his shot was high and wide. "Eff off Collins" came the cry "what the eff are you shooting from there for?"

JC was one of very few bright lights today
    This is how it feels