hibs.net Messageboard

BBC Complaint [ response]

I recieved an email today with regards my complaint re the BBc Sports personality of the year,

Reference CAS-2471400-DZ4T0Y
    Thank you for contacting us about BBC One’s ‘BBC Sports Personality of the Year’, as broadcast on 15 December.
    We’d like to apologise for the delay in responding to your concerns. We know our correspondents appreciate a prompt response and we regret this has not been the case on this occasion.
    We understand you were unhappy Lawrie Reilly did not feature in the obituary section of the programme.
    We appreciate this is something which has caused you a great deal of disappointment. We therefore raised your complaint with the editor of ‘Sports Personality of the Year’.
    We’re sure you can appreciate it is very difficult to include everyone we, or our audience, would like because of time constraints. However, please be assured we would certainly not wish to cause any offence as Lawrie was an outstanding player.
    Nevertheless, we appreciate you feel strongly about this. To that end, we’d like to assure you we’ve registered your comments on our daily audience log. This is a summary of audience feedback, which is made available to the programme team, senior editorial staff and management throughout the BBC. It is used to help inform future decisions about ways to improve our content.
    Thanks again for contacting us.
    Kind Regards
    Gemma McAleer
    BBC Complaints

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I recieved an email today with regards my complaint re the BBc Sports personality of the year, Reference CAS-2471400-DZ4T0Y Thank you for contacting us about BBC One’s ‘BBC Sports Personality of the Year’, as broadcast on 15 December. We’d like to apologise for the delay in responding to your concerns. We know our correspondents appreciate a prompt response and we regret this has not been the case on this occasion. We understand you were unhappy Lawrie Reilly did not feature in the obituary section of the programme. We appreciate this is something which has caused you a great deal of disappointment. We therefore raised your complaint with the editor of ‘Sports Personality of the Year’. We’re sure you can appreciate it is very difficult to include everyone we, or our audience, would like because of time constraints. However, please be assured we would certainly not wish to cause any offence as Lawrie was an outstanding player. Nevertheless, we appreciate you feel strongly about this. To that end, we’d like to assure you we’ve registered your comments on our daily audience log. This is a summary of audience feedback, which is made available to the programme team, senior editorial staff and management throughout the BBC. It is used to help inform future decisions about ways to improve our content. Thanks again for contacting us. Kind Regards Gemma McAleer BBC Complaints
    Fair play, can not ask for much more than that.

Copy and paste job. I got an almost identical response when I complained about something else a while back. They don't care, they're only interested in what the English viewers want.

I remember complaining to the BBC about their coverage of Gordon Brown's "bigotgate" moment. The Daily politics had a Tory MP on and him and his conservative buddy Andrew Neil started poking fun at Gordon's smile.

Took 9 months to receive a reply and it was nothing like the one you received above!

Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    I remember complaining to the BBC about their coverage of Gordon Brown's "bigotgate" moment. The Daily politics had a Tory MP on and him and his conservative buddy Andrew Neil started poking fun at Gordon's smile.

Took 9 months to receive a reply and it was nothing like the one you received above!
    It does look a bit like the 'joker' from Batman.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Copy and paste job. I got an almost identical response when I complained about something else a while back. They don't care, they're only interested in what the English viewers want.

And rightly so, why shold the BBC concern themselves with a small backwater like Scotland! It's that small it can't even be expected to put out a decent national football team!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    [/B]
    And rightly so, why shold the BBC concern themselves with a small backwater like Scotland! It's that small it can't even be expected to put out a decent national football team!
    oi watch is boy or we'll come down and rip yer turf up again,and deep fry yer Yorkshire puddins ;-)
    Last edited by leggeto; 17-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Fair play, can not ask for much more than that.

@hibs.net private member
    [/B]
    But it can produce SPOTY 2013. GIRFUY Mohammed Farah

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Oh dear.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Yawn
    You needing your bed mate?

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    [/B]
    Awright la?

You've got a bloody nerve. They don't even speak English in Liverpool, not much point in your lot listening or watching to BBC anyway.

Besides, see when thon Suarez is awa, whit will the 'Pool do then, eh?

Back tae yer usual crap.

Mon the Tranmere Rovers.

PS

Only kidding mate, but without Walcott yer heading home before the postcards anyway......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Steady, pal. England don't have a decent team either.

Any chance of a merge, Admins? Seeing as I was in there first!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...=1#post3873209

Spot on.

Andrew Neil = a sad excuse for a Scot

[/B]
    The clue would be in the first letter B

Same rubbish response as I got.

Coaching Staff

I suppose the other factor is that Gordon Brown is a total welt...

Considering the guy who won the bloody thing is a Hibby they could have made the effort to mention Lawrie.

I will condense the BBC's response to your complaint into the reply you would have got if there was no such thing as Wikipedia. Who?

BBC - odious organisation end of IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    I suppose the other factor is that Gordon Brown is a total welt...
    Not the point, Andrew Neil had no right to laugh and poke fun at Gordon's smile!

@hibs.net private member
    Did folk expect individual replies?