hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Derby

The Derby

There is a very good chance that Hearts are not going to be in the SPFL next year (assuming they still exist). I was wondering if there was any thought been given by either club about organising two 'friendly' Derby matches. This would be be good for both clubs financially and I think also the fans too.

Thoughts....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a very good chance that Hearts are not going to be in the SPFL next year (assuming they still exist). I was wondering if there was any thought been given by either club about organising two 'friendly' Derby matches. This would be be good for both clubs financially and I think also the fans too.

Thoughts....

A big team/wee team derby which might be interesting as the first one against the former Hearts.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've got a feeling they won't be around next year to play anyone.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Sod that.

Why give them the privilege, or the dough.

Why risk injuries against that bunch of bitter fuds, whoever they may be at that time.

@hibs.net private member
    Motherwell our new derby.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Motherwell our new derby.
    That's not a local derby - more like an international.

@hibs.net private member
    Personally i wouldn't be interested. Friendly matches lack purpose. Let them earn the right to play us again

Thoughts....
    Our only Derby moving forward should be against the 2nd best team in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City.

@hibs.net private member
    I'll miss the derby but I'm sure I'll get over it. I doubt many will be interested in a meaningless friendly. If they survive then they will have to earn the right to play us by getting promoted. So its a big no from me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Why? I know the rivalry is important but I do wish people wouldn't define our club by our city rivalry alone. We'll have more important things to do next season than worry about that lot.

Left by mutual consent!

Thoughts....
    Nah, yer awrite

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

Thoughts....
    Nah, no thanks.

:giruy:

Thoughts....
    They need us more than we need them. I say **** 'em for a few years and let them miss us

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar

Thoughts....
    East of Scotland shield can serve that purpose?...

Festival cup relaunched? ;)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Nope.

Left by mutual consent!
    They are nae longer our rivals

Left by mutual consent!
    No Thanks,

They can go and have a wee yam lovin at Livingston with Lockies mentor Big John McGlynn.

Alternatively if Dunfermline get promoted it could be a threesome with Big Jim Knew.

No from me.

The SPGHJKL will be desperate for an Edinburgh Derby or a game formerly known as an Old Firm match in the Cup next year so there's a pretty good chance we will play them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Our only Derby moving forward should be against the 2nd best team in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City.
    Correction, Edinburgh United Juniors are the top team in Edinburgh these days no City

Looking at a map of all the spfl teams, we're looking pretty isolated on the East of the Central Belt next season. If we can start with a strong base playing attractive football next season then there could be potential for much higher average crowds against the smaller teams.

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    No thanks,
    Would rather we concentrated on our competitive matches. League, League Cup and Scottish Cup.
    Case closed.

Hearts will have quite a few derbies in the Lowland League to look forward to; City, Spartans, Whitehilll.

I'm jealous.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We might just smash the record for longest time period undefeated in the derby.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    The way I see it, would they do it for us if the tables were turned? Na didn't think so, they can ram it. Someone already stated, they need us far more than we need them

Thoughts....
    I think they will no longer exist come the start of next season...

Would rather play them when it matters than some friendly where their caveman like behaviour on the field could injury half decent civil football players.

So its a, dont think they will be here and if they are NO thank you from me - earn yer right to play against Edinburgh's only Premier Team.
    Last edited by JustSimplyHibs; 15-01-2014 at 11:38 AM.

il miss the derbys but no thanks , they will have to earn the right to play the hibs again

Stuff the derby. A new Club will eventually take over( probably Spartans) who dont cheat.

No chance