hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Hibs Raith date confirmed - 2pm kick off

Game confirmed for Saturday the 8th of Febuary. Kicking off at 2 because of the rugby. Nonsense decision, we've kicked off at 3 when there's been rugby in Edinburgh plenty times, they should've moved the egg chasing back an hour so the cup tie could kick-off at the traditional time.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game confirmed for Saturday the 8th of Febuary. Kicking off at 2 because of the rugby. Nonsense decision, we've kicked off at 3 when there's been rugby in Edinburgh plenty times, they should've moved the egg chasing back an hour so the cup tie could kick-off at the traditional time.
    Maybe write to the BBC and ask for their TV scheduling to be changed?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've got 3 mates up for the rugby and can now bring them along to support the Hibees beforehand...what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlton View Post
    I've got 3 mates up for the rugby and can now bring them along to support the Hibees beforehand...what's the issue?
    No great issue, just don't see why we should kick off earlier to accommodate a sport some of us have no time for? Our match isn't televised so it should kick off at 3.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    No they shouldn't. The rugby has been scheduled for months and people will be travelling in from all parts of the country for it. Far bigger logistically than Hibs v Raith I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The town being packed with Volvos, tweed suits and picnic baskets as the posh boys come out to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    The town being packed with Volvos, tweed suits and picnic baskets as the posh boys come out to play.
    I'll get them to pack you some leftovers

I think the main issure here is that Sean wants that extra hour of hangy sleep.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    I'm okay with this. An hour earlier doesn't make much of a difference to me and this means I'll be able to get home in time to watch the rugby too! Not bad for Hibs fans who like a bit of egg-chasing too.
    Me too HibeeN! I do like a bit of egg chasing too

I suspect this change may be because (weegie) Police Scotland are concerned that the Chablis quaffers and the hoards from Raith will having running battles up and down the streets. The weegies don't understand rugby and I suspect stopping and searching the tweed brigade may end up with a Lawyers few letters to the big Chief Constable (an' that big man).

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    yes more money for hibs. i got bought rugby tickets away back in sept so now i can go to both games so works out perfect . oh and i dont own a tweed suit

No issue at all with this. Scotland v England on tv is a much bigger event than the football.

Don't want to upset the once a season brigade who attend 6 nations games or the armchair fans.

Don't bother about those pesky folk who go to games regularly.

I know people will say it's only an hour but means I can't go now.

It makes no sense anyway, now Hibs fans will be travelling just as the rugby crowd picks up whereas if we kicked off at 3 the rugger crowd would be in the ground by the time the troublesome football where out. How much Police cover will really be required for a crowd of circa 7K made up if Hibs and Raith fans?
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 12-01-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Here's some other peoples views...........from when this was announced over 3 weeks ago
    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...y-8th-Feb-2pm)

What's wrong, did someone rip your Harry Styles poster?

Quote Originally Posted by Inch Hibs View Post
    No issue at all with this. Scotland v England on tv is a much bigger event than the football.
    That's a matter of opinion :-)

Left by mutual consent!
    An hour less in the pub before the game, an hour mair efter, hey ho

Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    That's a matter of opinion :-)
    It's not for me mate but generally.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    yes more money for hibs. i got bought rugby tickets away back in sept so now i can go to both games so works out perfect . oh and i dont own a tweed suit

I've got a Tweed Jacket, with patches on the elbows, that you're free to borrow.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    You'll be hoping there's no extra time. Football's on hold for me. 5 of us going to Murrayfield. Food at half 12 then beer then on to the rugby. Giving up my cup top up as well. I'll still want my tickets for the final mind

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    You'll be hoping there's no extra time. Football's on hold for me. 5 of us going to Murrayfield. Food at half 12 then beer then on to the rugby. Giving up my cup top up as well. I'll still want my tickets for the final mind
    I thought there were still replays ?

Dont see the issue here!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Here's some other peoples views...........from when this was announced over 3 weeks ago
    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...y-8th-Feb-2pm)

What's wrong, did someone rip your Harry Styles poster?
    Exactly that. Fud.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inch Hibs View Post
    A bit random but are you the guy from Liberton RFC that AberGreen and I met both in Aegina and Tbilisi?!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    I'm okay with this. An hour earlier doesn't make much of a difference to me and this means I'll be able to get home in time to watch the rugby too! Not bad for Hibs fans who like a bit of egg-chasing too.
    Agree

No great issue, just don't see why we should kick off earlier to accommodate a sport some of us have no time for? Our match isn't televised so it should kick off at 3.
    I'm not a huge rugby fan either (although I may watch a bit of Scotland v England) but I would say that a Scotland v England rugby match is slightly bigger than Hibs v Raith Rovers, in terms of appeal to the wider general public.

@hibs.net private member
    It doesn't bother me but I can't understand the logic behind the move.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Seems an odd change in some ways but it's better Saturday 2pm than anytime sunday imo. It's a shame for those that can't make it but ultimately if we're in the draw for the qf no one's going to remember or give a rats ass what time the game kicked off at.

The Scotland rugby match was scheduled six months ago ( at least ) . The cup tie only came up a few weeks ago .
    Equally if want to be fair there are a number of rugby fans who have no time for soccer

No probs with the early KO IMO

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I've got a Tweed Jacket, with patches on the elbows, that you're free to borrow.
    thanks for the offer but i will stick with my northface hooded jacket.

Ever had anything to do with /visited a rugby club lately ?
    Come into the real world it's great fun !!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Spike you are more than welcome to come down to Earlsfield to watch Alloa play any week Hibs are away from home. We could have a pre match dinner at the club followed by beer while watching a match. I can assure you that Alloa RFC is not full of rich boys either!! And by the way I am going to Murrayfield that day and Cardiff for the Wales match.
    Sorry to say to everyone moaning but 67,500 at the game plus millions watching on TV is bigger than Hibs v Raith in the cup. Time changed for 1 hour is surely better than Friday or Monday nights or Sunday lunchtimes