hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    'S' Form

RIP Theresa McGurk

I wanted to share the sad news of the passing of my mother, 85 years old and a lifelong supporter.
    She had been going to ER since 1946 and was still a season ticket holder. She attended the match last sunday and the 3-0 result filled her with enthusiasm for the future of our club
    She was regularly Behind the Goals before home matches and loved the fact that she would be there with her sons, grandchildren and great grandchildren. 4 generations of the family were often in attendance at ER.
    Older members associated with the supporters club may well know her as she was a long time member there.
    She was in Athens for the european tie in 2001 and also went to Trinidad and Tobago for the pre-season tour.
    She along with my Dad, Uncles and Grandparents attended ER for Years and none were able to witness the SC coming to ER.
    She passed away on the 2nd. January so the match that night had even more significance for us and the team did not let us down.
    Just wanted to share this sad news with the Hibernian Family of which she was so proud to be a part of

2. Log in to remove the advert

Condolences to you and your family mate.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry to hear. RIP Theresa.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sad to hear of your loss, condolences to all her family and friends

Quote Originally Posted by martinmcgurk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wanted to share the sad news of the passing of my mother, 85 years old and a lifelong supporter.
    She had been going to ER since 1946 and was still a season ticket holder. She attended the match last sunday and the 3-0 result filled her with enthusiasm for the future of our club
    She was regularly Behind the Goals before home matches and loved the fact that she would be there with her sons, grandchildren and great grandchildren. 4 generations of the family were often in attendance at ER.
    Older members associated with the supporters club may well know her as she was a long time member there.
    She was in Athens for the european tie in 2001 and also went to Trinidad and Tobago for the pre-season tour.
    She along with my Dad, Uncles and Grandparents attended ER for Years and none were able to witness the SC coming to ER.
    She passed away on the 2nd. January so the match that night had even more significance for us and the team did not let us down.
    Just wanted to share this sad news with the Hibernian Family of which she was so proud to be a part of
    Bless you for sharing that with us.
    My sincere condolences.

Sounds like she was an amazingly loyal Woman, thanks for sharing, condolences to you & your family.

Blog Entries
    Martin, I knew your Mum & Dad very well, mostly through the Supporters' Club until I left Edinburgh 33 years ago. I remember Theresa with great affection, she was a lovely lady & a wonderful Hibs fan. My Dad passed away 2 years ago at 92, also without ever seeing the Cup but supporting Hibs is much more than that as you rightly say. My sincere condolences at this tough time.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Sincere condolences mate.

Another Hibby in heaven.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Sorry for your loss mate.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Rip

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    RIP Theresa.

My condolences

Her name is familiar. I think my mother may have gone to school with her. Did she go to Holy Cross?

RIP Theresa....:-(

RIP
    Condolences to the family

Condolences RIP Theresa

Sad news. Condolences to you and your family.

RIP Theresa.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that , R I P

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Condolences to you and your family

RIP Theresa

Thank you for sharing, RIP.

A true hibby !
    my thoughts are with you and your family mate....rest in peace Mrs M !

First Team Breakthrough
    My Mum (who is no longer with us) worked with your Mum in the civil service. The thing i remember my Mum telling me about your mum was what a great Hibee Theresa was (unfortunately my Mum was a Jambo and couldn't understand why my sister and I had season tickets at Easter Road!). I am glad she was able to see us win at her last visit to ER. Hope all your many happy memories will help you through this difficult time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    RIP Theresa,

Such sad news and I really feel your pain, my uncle Gerry Dray also died at 3pm on the 2nd.

He was another massive Hibby!

The derby result was really special. And I'm sure there would of been a massive Hibee party up there
    Last edited by hibeeleicester; 05-01-2014 at 11:16 AM.

R.I.P. I can understand your loss my own mother a Hibby passed away on 24th September and I got the news just approaching the stadium for the Stranraer game that night. I stayed for the first half but missed most of it as I was texting the sad news to the remainder of the family.

Very sorry to hear your sad news. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iphone

What a wonderful lady, I am so sorry for your loss but she has certainly left you all with a legacy. Family days out at the hibs games .... perfect. PS glad they won for us on Thursday that was an important result.

RIP Theresa....a remarkable lady and hibby ;-)

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    RIP Theresa.

My condolences

Her name is familiar. I think my mother may have gone to school with her. Did she go to Holy Cross?
    She went to St. Thomas' which was next to the old Infirmary and was girls only at that time

Condolences your loss. She sounds like she was one hell of a Hibby...

RIP Theresa.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your loss. May Theresa rest in peace.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Martin, can I take this opportunity to send you our condolences to you and your family.

RIP Theresa x

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss mate. Condolences.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Condolences to your family. I remember your mum well from my days working for the social security. She was a great hibby and an even greater person.
    RIP Theresa