hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Derby programme seller's honesty

Just wanted to say "well done" to the girl who was selling programmes on the corner of the FF/West stands for the Derby.

A gent bought a programme from her and headed in the direction of the East stand.

The young girl then realised the gent had given her two notes for his programme. (Think it might have been two tenners.) She ran after him to let him know he'd made a mistake and handed him the extra note back.

Needles to say the gent was delighted.

Once again - well done you for your honesty - it was nice to see.

(Lucky guy - getting his money back, then a derby win.... hope his luck came in three's!!)

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Hope he stuck the tenner on 2-1 Hibs ;)

I think that's just common decency unless you're in Gorgie.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's just common decency unless you're in Gorgie.
    The frightening thing is that they're not just in Gorgie. There's 400,000 of them all around the world. Next time you're in Nepal or Tahiti or even relaxing on your balcony in Bulgaria, make sure You check your change for discrepancies

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    The frightening thing is that they're not just in Gorgie. There's 400,000 of them all around the world. Next time you're in Nepal or Tahiti or even relaxing on your balcony in Bulgaria, make sure You check your change for discrepancies

Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    Just wanted to say "well done" to the girl who was selling programmes on the corner of the FF/West stands for the Derby.

A gent bought a programme from her and headed in the direction of the East stand.

The young girl then realised the gent had given her two notes for his programme. (Think it might have been two tenners.) She ran after him to let him know he'd made a mistake and handed him the extra note back.

Needles to say the gent was delighted.

Once again - well done you for your honesty - it was nice to see.

(Lucky guy - getting his money back, then a derby win.... hope his luck came in three's!!)
    Like all our programme sellers she's a Hibby Hedlund12 and it's much appreciated you took the time to post the above, I'll make sure she sees it.

BTW it happens very frequently with the sellers without a here or there so it's nice to see someone acknowledge it and post favorably

Brian
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbibri View Post
    Like all our programme sellers she's a Hibby Hedlund12 and it's much appreciated you took the time to post the above, I'll make sure she sees it.

BTW it happens very frequently with the sellers without a here or there so it's nice to see someone acknowledge it and post favorably

Brian
    GGTTH
    nice one !

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I found a wallet at the petrol station on Thursday night. The guy was in the station frantically trying to explain he had lost it and had no means to pay. I reunited them. Gotta love a bit of Karma.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbibri View Post

Brian
    GGTTH
    I also said to the girl face to face Brian but as you correctly say its also nice to get the recognition on .net.
    Glad to hear it's common practice. Seems like you have a good team of hibbies there.

Silver spotted a ST on the ground as we were walking to the ground last Sunday. He picked it up to hand in just as a young guy was coming the other way looking for it