hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jamie Mcdonald staying at Hearts

I think this particular nugget deserves a thread of its own but feel free to merge as appropriate

From today's Evening News http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...arts-1-3255249

JAMIE MacDONALD has offered some light amidst the dark clouds surrounding Tynecastle by indicating his wish to stay with Hearts even if they suffer relegation.The 27-year-old is out of contract this summer but today revealed he would happily sign a new deal and play in the Championship next season
    Well done Barry, excellent reporting. The problem is you've fallen for this nonsense because you're a clown.

My source tells me McDonald probably will sign a new deal but only to stop him leaving for free. BDO know he's far and away their best and most valuable player so they are getting him to sign a new deal so they can command a fee for him if someone else does decide to scoop him up.

Keep printing what you're told to Barry, there's a good wee mouthpiece.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He'll sign a new contract then be gone before the ink is dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guaranteed to be the case come on BJ you know it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    The next part of the story (if somebody wants him that is) is "I really wanted to stay but the offer was too good to turn down, the club needs money more than it needs a Goalkeeper right now so it was the right decision for all involved"

This allows him to look like a hero, get the club some money and still eff off to pastures new before the iceberg hits.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Tbh I don't buy the idea he'll sign a new contract just so hearts can sell him. Hearts won't be able to offer him crazy money like they used to and signing a deal with them will limit the number of clubs that'd be interested as there's not many that'd pay a fee for him.

If I was a buying manager I'd be raging if a potential signing performed a stunt like that and cost my club probably hundreds of thousands, I'd tell McDonald to ram it and enjoy the championship.

He's not, is he???

Damn, I knew it! I knew they would be saved somehow. Lucky b......We never get luck like that.

That's all their problems solved then. All vanished with a stroke of a pen.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd like EEN stories to mention Hearts debts every time they talk about players. A wee summary at the end, such as "Hearts owe over £90,000 to the people of Edinburgh, through unpaid council tax. They are very sorry, and are working hard to settle up. It is not known what impact their dishonesty has had on services".

It's called balance, and may help to focus the minds of the deluded onto what they really mean to the people of this city.

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Damn, I knew it! I knew they would be saved somehow. Lucky b......We never get luck like that.

That's all their problems solved then. All vanished with a stroke of a pen.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
    A Craig Pen is mightier than a Parker Pen!

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I'd like EEN stories to mention Hearts debts every time they talk about players. A wee summary at the end, such as "Hearts owe over £90,000 to the people of Edinburgh, through unpaid council tax. They are very sorry, and are working hard to settle up. It is not known what impact their dishonesty has had on services".

It's called balance, and may help to focus the minds of the deluded onto what they really mean to the people of this city.
    There is no Sutch thing down Georgie way .They didn't Balance the Books and they have no intention of giving creditors a good deal they will get a pittance .Why they were allowed to turn down offers last transfer window for players and now put existing players on better deals and not sell any players confirms that they are not being put under any pressure to do so . so Biily Goat Gruff Broon shout shut his gob as they are. Getting preferential treatment .Even the Teddy Bears had to sell so it was no Picnic for them .

Think MacDonald would be a good back up for Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    A Craig Pen is mightier than a Parker Pen!
    And there plenty of ink left in the well for the next game so he won't blot his copy .

Let's hope any new club he does eventually sign for can teach him how to punch a ball !

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    being fair to them McDonald is actually a reasonably good keeper and always seems to pull off some cracking saves against us, if he had a better defence in front of him he wouldn't be conceding nearly as many goals but i cant see any clubs that would be willing to pay a fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    being fair to them McDonald is actually a reasonably good keeper and always seems to pull off some cracking saves against us, if he had a better defence in front of him he wouldn't be conceding nearly as many goals but i cant see any clubs that would be willing to pay a fee for him.
    Is he out of contract in the summer? I can't see why anyone would pay for him, anyone interested would just get him signed on a pre-contract agreement.

I think he knows hearts are his level and if he stays there he can be a big fish in a small pond

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    We need to stop being fair to them .They haven't been fair to anyone and now they are doing anything they can to squeeze more cash out of anyone they can Hope they get no bits for hi and he languishes for rest of career in lower leagues.

@hibs.net private member
    I think his agents told him to sign, become a icon super hero to the inbreds and he'll get his free transfer as his contract is Nil and Viod the day they go into liquidation.
    Agents know what's going on like. GGTTH

It is complicated (I think) because he is due some deferred salary.

There's a big difference between wanting to stay and staying. Hearts may be unable to pay the wage he'd want, if they survive.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It won't matter if he signs a new contract or not. He will be able to walk away when they hit the liquidiser.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Hope he stays. He's pish.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Think MacDonald would be a good back up for Williams.
    I would have him to replace Williams. Williams is a great shot stopper but disnae come for crossed baws. Take him now on a pre contract

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    It is complicated (I think) because he is due some deferred salary.
    Is this classed as a football debt that they have to settle up in full?

Is this from pre admin?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is this classed as a football debt that they have to settle up in full?

Is this from pre admin?
    I think it was part of the negotiated contracts situation that involved a few of the players that stayed. They agreed to a "cut" in salary (by deferring a certain % until a future date). That future date would be when they were sold and could take the fee (or a %) that was paid or when fresh cash was injected (probably post admin/liquidation).

For JM (with a young family) I would imagine he probably feels better to stay and have more control over what happens. And/or sign a new contract that would then be more likely to deliver a fee if he was put up for sale (and therefore recover the deferred element).

I get these bits and pieces from a jambo pal but don't pretend to know it all.

Same jambo also told me a few days ago that Hearts would be bust by end Feb (liquidation) and at that time FOH would step in and buy with their cash pile. Also Killie are on verge of admin/liquidation but are waiting for Hearts to go first (can't remember reason why as it was Hogmanay!). The liquidation scenario would see them drop into Div 2 which he felt Hearts thought might be the better option given where they are and give them time and space to properly rebuild the club.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    I would have him to replace Williams. Williams is a great shot stopper but disnae come for crossed baws. Take him now on a pre contract
    Behave. McDonald isn't even worthy of comparison with Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    McDonald doesn't make an arse of it in derbies though!

Tbh Williams has won me round, he cost us too many goals at first with his flapping at crosses but he's cut that out and seems a lot better on that front, I was still raging with him on Thursday though.

Testimonial Due
    How many crosses did McDonald come for on Thursday night? We absolutely peppered their box with crosses, freekicks and corners and I can remember him attempting one dodgy punch the whole game!

As opposed to MacDonald who comes and flaps at/poorly punches crossed baws. Williams is a much better keeper than that Hearts tramp.

If MacDonald leaves Hearts it'll be for another bottom six SPL team or for an English League 1 club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Tell me the last hibs goalie not to come a cropper against yams. Their goalies always seem to raise there game for the derby. Neimi was outstanding when we rammed them 6-2. When was the last hertz goalie to have a mare in a derby.

Tell me the last hibs goalie not to come a cropper against yams. Their goalies always seem to raise there game for the derby. Neimi was outstanding when we rammed them 6-2. When was the last hertz goalie to have a mare in a derby.
    McDonald has conceded over double the goals that Williams has this season. But aye, he's better because Williams didn't deal with their goal as well as he normally would.

We beat that mob, put them in their place and folk still want to bum up Hearts players whilst putting ours down. IIRC, you were right on Collins' case right after the game too whilst a lot were saying he was MOTM.