hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis

Lewis

Take a bow son take a bow. Another tremendous performance and for me rightly man of the match. He has come on leaps and bounds since moving to his preferred position. I hope these performances are making a lot of the haters quiet. And let's face it he can't be that bad if terry is still playing him. Well done lad well done

2. Log in to remove the advert

Totally agree. Fantastic effort and drive from the wee man. Enjoying watching him flourish under Terry and Maurice.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Think that is the best performance outside 2007 game that I've ever seen him play.

Wonderful.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

He has went from being a solid 100% 7/10 every week to being a solid 100% 8/9 out of ten with an attacking threat

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Man of the match for me! Absolutely outstanding for the second game running. Hope he keeps it up, delighted for him

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Brilliant performance.

Don't know what TB is saying to him but it's working.

My MoM tonight.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

I love him

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Pity he didnae score, seemed to sclaff it. Still, effectively made the winner. Go on Lewis...

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Also...since when has been quick?! Was gassing down that wing
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member
    I have definitely been a Stevenson doubter (think "hater" is a little OTT) but no questions he has come on leaps and bounds recently. Would still like to see him getting on the scoresheet more often but I have never faulted him for effort and it does look like he is now beginning to add an extra attacking element to his game.

Will be interesting to see who (if anyone) drops out when Harris is back to full fitness.

Thought he was decent enough but not as good as he was on Sunday. As with most of our players I thought he just needed to show a bit more composure in the final third. It was just persistence that won him the penalty.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I love him
    I've got a man crush on him. Well, you know what they say about the Hibees...

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Take a bow son take a bow. Another tremendous performance and for me rightly man of the match. He has come on leaps and bounds since moving to his preferred position. I hope these performances are making a lot of the haters quiet. And let's face it he can't be that bad if terry is still playing him. Well done lad well done
    Hope he continues to ride the crest of the wave and chip in a few goals along the way. GGTTH

The penalty really summed him up. Tenacious performance from Lewis and well done to him again

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GodisaHibee
    Wonderful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pat had him at RB...
    what a change and credit to Lewis for all his efforts, a wee star he is.

@hibs.net private member
    Lacked a wee bit of composure in last third of the pitch but his effort was brilliant

He's like a different player , wasn't a fan but he was playing right back ffs, well done pal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Tbh I had Cairney as man of the match, but really, Stevenson won it for us by chasing what looked like a lost cause and winning a justified penalty.

I started swearing when he knocked the ball too far past the defender, then compounded it by taking the long route round his man. Fortunately McGhee decided to needlessly trip him as the ball went out.

Overall, it was another top class performance from Stevenson.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by val_mark1 View Post
    Man of the match for me! Absolutely outstanding for the second game running. Hope he keeps it up, delighted for him
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Brilliant performance.

Don't know what TB is saying to him but it's working.

My MoM tonight.
    I wish TB would say whatever he did to some others.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Tbh I had Cairney as man of the match, but really, Stevenson won it for us by chasing what looked like a lost cause and winning a justified penalty.
    Spot on.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Well done Lewis. Can't imagine how difficult it must be being the 'utility man' and getting moved around by a number of tactically inept and negative coaches...

In 2007 it was assumed that he would go on from his man of the match cup final performance and become a great Hibs player. The truth is he has never fully integrated himself into the team and has always been a bit of a squad player. His 200 odd appearances have been achieved in various positions and usually because of injuries to other players or poor competition for places. He has never been fully accepted by the fans...until now...In the space of a few weeks Terry Butcher has instilled into his performances the one thing that has been missing for six seasons. Confidence. I have been willing Lewis on for years now and sometimes i have thought that he has played his last game for the club but tonight i am overjoyed for the lad...Tonight he looked like he deserved to be in the team on merit and he played with the confidence of a player at the peak of his powers. Take a bow Lewis, Legendary status awaits...you may be one of the chosen few that actually gets a testimonial out of Hibs.

Played amazing and never gave up. Take a bow son!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong about players, I thought Lewis was excellent against killie but I don't think he was anything special tonight to be honest. Great when he drew that foul out the guy for the pen but that was more down to ridiculous defending than good attacking.

Imo cairney is deserving of being singled out for praise tonight, I thought he was superb and I'm not normally a fan of his.

Always thought Lewis gave 100% and was never one to hide on the pitch - even when his form dipped a bit. So it's great seeing him rejuvenated under Butcher. I'm certain we'll see a few more long range efforts sail in too. In fact, looks like all players have been told to shoot if they can see the target. Good, about time!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Legend.

Coaching Staff
    ******* take a bow son - won us the derby Lewy

1st 15-20 mins game (watched in pub no sound)wondered were he was in the game,got better seat and saw him cover defence when we pushed out and same with midfield,and supported attack at right time,love his goal at weekend speaks volumes about new management GGTTH

Wonder if those who thought Lewis would struggle to get a game for any other SPFL club have changed their minds?
    This is how it feels