hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Booth

Callum Booth

TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
    I hope that gives him some encouragement and he turns up fit and raring to go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

E=Tom Hart RIP;3852075]TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
    I hope that gives him some encouragement and he turns up fit and raring to go.[/QUOTE]
    Good man management skills giving player encouragement and keeping option open for return Can Butcherdo no wrong Seems to be getting most things right

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    If TB's effect on Stevenson and Hanlon is anything to go by then i'd be delighted to see Booth come back and fulfil his early promise.

Good to read that, I hope it works out for Mr. Booth.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great news

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Dose Callum still train at EM's. I know most of the youngsters who go out on loan to part time clubs train at EM's and with their clubs when ever they train
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
    I thought he was in his last 6 months of his contract?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGinlay View Post
    I thought he was in his last 6 months of his contract?
    Iirc, he has another year to go on his contract after this one.
    I thought Calum showed a bit of class when he made his 1st team debut and scored a peach of a goal to boot. I'd like to see him back at ER now but I would imagine Raith will be wanting to hold on to him for as long as they can.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Booth was excellent when he first broke thru, thought he was a stick on to be the next big thing.

Think he has just go engaged maybe that will sort him out.

People talked about his supposed bad attitude.... It wasn't that he was going out getting smashed,breaking the law and missing training, it was his general personality. If he was anymore laid back he would be horizontal! Makes him appear that he doesn't give a sh*t.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Great news

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post

Excellent. There's a player in that young man. Butcher stated when he came that everyone on the playing staff wa starting with a clean sheet, and he obviously meant it.

First Team Breakthrough
    It was that professor of football mr Pat Fenlon who didn't fancy his football talents much. He did however give Kuqi a one year deal.

So I think Booth deserves another chance. ( and Fenlon should be charged with crimes against football , )

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Dose Callum still train at EM's. I know most of the youngsters who go out on loan to part time clubs train at EM's and with their clubs when ever they train
    I think raith are full time are they not?

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    It was that professor of football mr Pat Fenlon who didn't fancy his football talents much. He did however give Kuqi a one year deal.

So I think Booth deserves another chance. ( and Fenlon should be charged with crimes against football , )
    You love a dig at PF don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    You love a dig at PF don't you!
    Most digs at Fenlon are justified though!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can Callum play for Raith on Saturday or will the terms of the loan deal prevent it?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Can Callum play for Raith on Saturday or will the terms of the loan deal prevent it?
    I wouldn't have thought he would be able to play against us?
    What about Fraser Mullen? He was initially going on loan, but it was then changed to a permanent deal

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What about Fraser Mullen? He was initially going on loan, but it was then changed to a permanent deal
    Booth I would assume No, Mullen if permanent will be yes.

Coaching Staff
    Put it this way - if he hadn't started here and we were being linked with Callum Booth based on his Raith performances - who would be thinking it was a good move?

I haven't heard of him being a stand out at that level and added to the way he struggled in his last few months with us I can't see him making it here. He did look handy going forward with the ball but he looked very suspect defensively and he appeared to be pretty fragile where fight and confidence were concerned.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Put it this way - if he hadn't started here and we were being linked with Callum Booth based on his Raith performances - who would be thinking it was a good move?

I haven't heard of him being a stand out at that level and added to the way he struggled in his last few months with us I can't see him making it here. He did look handy going forward with the ball but he looked very suspect defensively and he appeared to be pretty fragile where fight and confidence were concerned.
    He's still only 22. Pitched into the first team when he was 18-19 and initially looked like he had all the attributes. Then it all went pear shaped for him under Fenlon.

I don't feel he has really been given a decent crack at proving himself at ER, which seems strange. Given the improvements seen in some players under Butcher, I'd be hoping Booth fulfils the promise he showed early on in his HIbs career. I'm sure he has grown a bit mentally tougher and more experienced since his initial spell in the first team at Hibs. It was hard to shine in a team that was truly awful. Other players have left ER and gone on to enjoy more productive spells elsewhere (Sproule and Rankin spring to mind).

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Most digs at Fenlon are justified though!
    Can't see why everyone wants to have a dig at Pat Fenlon.
    No point having Calum Booth sitting on Hibs bench when we had Pa Kujabi in at left back .
    Last edited by allmodcons; 03-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    He's still only 22. Pitched into the first team when he was 18-19 and initially looked like he had all the attributes. Then it all went pear shaped for him under Fenlon.

I don't feel he has really been given a decent crack at proving himself at ER, which seems strange. Given the improvements seen in some players under Butcher, I'd be hoping Booth fulfils the promise he showed early on in his HIbs career. I'm sure he has grown a bit mentally tougher and more experienced since his initial spell in the first team at Hibs. It was hard to shine in a team that was truly awful. Other players have left ER and gone on to enjoy more productive spells elsewhere (Sproule and Rankin spring to mind).
    Maybe successive managers have looked at him and decided that he isn't good enough at this point. Fenlon at least gave him a chance to show what he can do at a lower level with Raith and it's up to Booth to justify the blind faith some on here have in his potential by being a stand out at that level. If he can't manage that much then he won't be good enough for us full stop.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

I liked Booth but it went 'pear shaped' when the opposition exploited his lack of pace. IMO he was always more likely to succeeds in midfield.

Blog Entries
    I spoke to a Raith player recently who told me that Booth was allowed to play against Hibs in the cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Booth I would assume No, Mullen if permanent will be yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deek01 View Post
    I spoke to a Raith player recently who told me that Booth was allowed to play against Hibs in the cup.
    Confirmed HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Confirmed HERE
    I find this incredible

well that's great.......get knocked out the cup but our own player potentially.....who allowed that to happen? surely should have been a basic clause in his loan contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    well that's great.......get knocked out the cup but our own player potentially.....who allowed that to happen? surely should have been a basic clause in his loan contract?
    Or a gentleman's agreement. I wonder how Booth feels about this

Left by mutual consent!
    I find this incredible
    Looks like them's the rules so unless there's some sort of personal agreement between the clubs in the contract......

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Maybe successive managers have looked at him and decided that he isn't good enough at this point. Fenlon at least gave him a chance to show what he can do at a lower level with Raith and it's up to Booth to justify the blind faith some on here have in his potential by being a stand out at that level. If he can't manage that much then he won't be good enough for us full stop.
    My faith in his ability is having watched him play and shine in a very mediocre Hibs team, when he was 18-19 years old. TBF I didn't buy a season ticker for the season after, when he got punted on loan to Livi, so I didn't see the rapid decline in his first team worth. I don't think Fenlon fancied him, for whatever reason. I think the point I made about others doing well once released applies, Rankin and Sproule both did that at new clubs (Sproule initially, before injury).

It's not always easy for players to shine, even at lower levels, especially when playing in poor sides.

Given the poor standard of player who have had opportunities at ER in the two seasons past, I'll stick with my view that Booth is a good footballer and rather strangely hasn't had a fair crack at proving it at Hibs.