hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby Attire

Derby Attire

I've decided to go for a nautical theme, nothing too outrageous and swashbuckling like Pirates of the Caribbean, rather just squarely in my tradition of understated class.

I grew a scrubby beard over Christmas, which the wife surprisingly liked and encouraged me to keep. As a result it's the first time I won't be clean shaven for a derby. I look a bit like an old salt, so I found a navy blue turtleneck lambs wool sweater, which I shall wear with a long ago purchased but seldom used Hugo Boss short length dark navy coat, replete with -you guessed it- silver anchor buttons.

Conservative black Armani jeans and a strong pair of brogues (a less flashy shoe than is my wont, but it's New Year and one must consider the elements) will complete the look. I'm tempted to flout the laws of the land and bring in a pewter hip flask containing a decent malt, but I shall make a late call on that one.

Allow me at this stage to wish my Hibernian brethren and cistern a wonderful 2014, and let's flush those unsightly bloodied turds into the sewer of oblivion - where they damn well belong!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've decided to go for a nautical theme, nothing too outrageous and swashbuckling like Pirates of the Caribbean, rather just squarely in my tradition of understated class.

I grew a scrubby beard over Christmas, which the wife surprisingly liked and encouraged me to keep. As a result it's the first time I won't be clean shaven for a derby. I look a bit like an old salt, so I found a navy blue turtleneck lambs wool sweater, which I shall wear with a long ago purchased but seldom used Hugo Boss short length dark navy coat, replete with -you guessed it- silver anchor buttons.

Conservative black Armani jeans and a strong pair of brogues (a less flashy shoe than is my wont, but it's New Year and one must consider the elements) will complete the look. I'm tempted to flout the laws of the land and bring in a pewter hip flask containing a decent malt, but I shall make a late call on that one.

Allow me at this stage to wish my Hibernian brethren and cistern a wonderful 2014, and let's flush those unsightly bloodied turds into the sewer of oblivion - where they damn well belong!
    Cool story

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Tommy Hilfiger flip flops blue Ralph Lauren shorts white Calvin Klein polo watching it in the Anchor las Americas

what a post! I'll be wearing the new black away top for the first time - accompanied by khaki's and my green gazelle's.

GGTTH!

Hibs Class

Excellent post . The yams will stare in awe.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar

Been missing this vital info for too long, Bob.

As for the beard, I keep well clear of facial hair, and I'm sure the wife concurs. But I rather like the naval theme. So to break the tedium of the silent Hibs TV Xtra half time break, I'll be snacking on the last of the xmas pudding, complete with a soaking of best naval rum, in your honour.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    what a post! I'll be wearing the new black away top for the first time - accompanied by khaki's and my green gazelle's.

GGTTH!
    Green Gazelles! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Green Gazelles! Love it!
    They have a wee bit of yellow on them and I've never seen Hibs win while wearing them... there's a first for everything I guess! :tbgwa:

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Black Calvin Klien overcoat, very dark Diesel jeans, sturdy Jones shoes or Timberlands if it's pissing down. Nice green v-neck jersey and a white t-shirt and a recently purchased Duffer St George green scarf (bargain from the Debenhams sale).

I'll also be sporting my recently shorn and bleached hairdo (much to the amusement of my mates) and a rather smug grin after the match when we've humped them big time!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If this thread was running in the late eighties, the word casual would spring to mind?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Kappa Trackies mun

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I think I too shall be armoured with a brogue and hip flask, and previously mentioned, my new lucky scarf.

Mon the hibees

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    Excellent post . The yams will stare in awe.
    Given the nautical theme, the Yams may confuse him for an off-duty submarine captain and follow DBS blindly wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If this thread was running in the late eighties, the word casual would spring to mind?

Is it the green gazelles part?

I used to wear one red and one blue, much trendier

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Ted Baker leather jacket
    White t-shirt with a picture of Rowan Vine on it with the caption "be feard of the beard" that my young nephew got me as a joke for Xmas
    A thermal Tammy
    Dark brown boots
    Pair of TK Max jeans
    Hibs scarf

bottle green merino wool turtleneck, Pierre cardin black jacket. black levi's and a pair of black Chelsea boots. GGTTH

Liking the style Bob
    As a nautical man myself im afraid its a similar pullover but with a duffel coat. Footwear will be black half boots similar to steaming bats as wore when aboard ship.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Liking the style Bob As a nautical man myself im afraid its a similar pullover but with a duffel coat. Footwear will be black half boots similar to steaming bats as wore when aboard ship.
    Ha ha without the steel toe and foot plate I would image. DMS boots IIRC??

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Ted Baker leather jacket
    White t-shirt with a picture of Rowan Vine on it with the caption "be feard of the beard" that my young nephew got me as a joke for Xmas
    A thermal Tammy
    Dark brown boots
    Pair of TK Max jeans
    Hibs scarf
    Pic

Fancy wearing my new leather jacket on Thursday for the first time which i got for Christmas
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Ha ha without the steel toe and foot plate I would image. DMS boots IIRC??
    Correct Aldo very similar to DMS boots. I take it you are or were a matelot?

Correct Aldo very similar to DMS boots. I take it you are or were a matelot?
    Was a Submariner mate. Polaris boats.

Was a Submariner mate. Polaris boats.
    Was a skimmer myself mate, lets hope we sink the Jambos tomorrow

Was a skimmer myself mate, lets hope we sink the Jambos tomorrow
    Ha ha didn't want to say that but you read am mind. Yip defo mate.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Pic

Fancy wearing my new leather jacket on Thursday for the first time which i got for Christmas
    This is it

http://www.freewebstore.org/The-Wright-Design/product/hibs,_hibernian,_rowan_vine,_be_feard_of_the_beard ,_unofficial_t-shirts

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Pic

Well, if its an unwanted present, I'm happy to help.

Navy coat and black jeans... Shambles Bob!

A hip flask is a must, however mines will contain a wee Rusty Nail to combat the unearthly chill that descends when the horde visit the Holy Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Well, if its an unwanted present, I'm happy to help.
    Ha ha just seen this. Schoolboy error from Stevie there! Doh!!!!

I've never been sure of black and navy together but if a man of your taste and class is encouraging it then I'll give it a go in future.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Ha ha just seen this. Schoolboy error from Stevie there! Doh!!!!
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16