hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

The Butcher Effect

Love the positivity creeping into every corner of what we do. Positive media coverage, positive interviews, positive play from confident players, positive results.

Right thoughts, right words, right action. Really excited for the future.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love the positivity creeping into every corner of what we do. Positive media coverage, positive interviews, positive play from confident players, positive results.

Have to agree with you, I really enjoy listening to the man

We will fulfil our potential as a club under Butcher, I'm sure of it.

Agree 100%, what a difference.

Tony "needs a haircut" Higgins mentioned Terry had brought in a psychologist to fix the players heids.

Today was my first visit to Easter Road since that horrible night back in October and I could see a big change in the mindset of the players.

Very positive in their play, looking to play the ball forward and to move forward with the ball as well.

Also liking how many balls we managed to get into the box as well.

Today was the first time I have actually enjoyed a visit to Easter Road for quite a considerable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    Tony "needs a haircut" Higgins mentioned Terry had brought in a psychologist to fix the players heids.
    That's great to hear, proactive behaviour that will do long term good.

I even love the fish supper bonus. Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I'm just happy with the positives from the corners we take !
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I even love the fish supper bonus. Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.
    Ha ha, no that's just Gary Locke.

Better than our neighbours, all they get is a single fish.
    To share between them?

Definite improvement on Fenlon with the same players, but 2 Jan is huge for TB. Win it and the feel good will start returning to ER. Lose it and many will just say nothing's changed and stay away.

Just a bonus that I can actually get excited when we get a corner!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Had a really good day today. Treated my brother to the Hibs Clubhouse. Had a splendid feed, comfy seat in the West Upper and a very good positive performance with three goals at home for the first time since......?

The tribute to David Paul was very well observed - well done to the Killie fans.

Just listening to TB in this interview and as usual he just says the right things. It is easy to believe that we are on the right road at long last
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25545250

:tbgwa:

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Definite improvement on Fenlon with the same players, but 2 Jan is huge for TB. Win it and the feel good will start returning to ER. Lose it and many will just say nothing's changed and stay away.
    I agree with the first bit but I also think we can see beyond just the Hearts game. Agree that it would be a huge blow if we lost but the future is so much brighter than it was under the dire Fenlon.
    But, we is gonna whoop their smelly butts on Thursday and nothing is gonna stop it

the right man, at the right time.

Favourite moment from today was Lewis's shot in the 2nd half that flew wide, a strange one maybe but what I loved most was that when Collins had the ball just inside our half, we had Cairney, Robertson and Stevenson absolutely bursting a gut to get out of their own half and support the strikers. The desire in this team is night and day and even though it didn't end in a goal I think the crowd recognised the efforts and rightly applauded.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    To share between them?
    He he he

First Team Breakthrough
    Interesting article in today's Sunday Herald touches on that - http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ibute.23048484

The relevant bit:
    Butcher has featured prominently for good or ill in numerous Old Firm derbies, and presided over a fair few Highland grudge matches, but the capital version promises something different again.
    Cognisant, however, of the fact that Hibs have lost both derbies 1-0 this season to a callow Hearts side, and still feeling the after-effects of that 5-1 Scottish Cup final defeat in 2012, Butcher has ordered up extra sessions with his "language expert" David Yeomans.
    He encourages players to share their memories of traumatic experiences, then shows them mechanisms to explode those thoughts and focus only on the future.

Always felt that whatever we did previously on Sports Psychology clearly wasn't working with the players (or perhaps we did nothing!)
    This could be a really important aspect of the change of attitude under TB.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Favourite moment from today was Lewis's shot in the 2nd half that flew wide, a strange one maybe but what I loved most was that when Collins had the ball just inside our half, we had Cairney, Robertson and Stevenson absolutely bursting a gut to get out of their own half and support the strikers. The desire in this team is night and day and even though it didn't end in a goal I think the crowd recognised the efforts and rightly applauded.
    Late on when we were 2-0 up we had 6 players in or around their box for one quick break. The energy we played with today was incredible. I love how high up the pitch we are playing and I can see some goals coming from the pressure we are putting on opposition defenders. I imagine we will very quickly become a team that other teams hate playing against if we continue to hustle and work as hard as we did today.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Late on when we were 2-0 up we had 6 players in or around their box for one quick break. The energy we played with today was incredible. I love how high up the pitch we are playing and I can see some goals coming from the pressure we are putting on opposition defenders. I imagine we will very quickly become a team that other teams hate playing against if we continue to hustle and work as hard as we did today.

120% agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agree it's a crucial game as psychologically we need to beat them to prove we can .But if people are questioning that things aren't different they weren't at today's match and This management team clearly know what they are doing and it's starting to show Baby steps at first terry said Can't wait to see us when we start walking and then learn to run Enjoyed the game today haven't been able to say that at a home game for a while

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar

Do they get the single fish when they draw and is that for all the players.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    the right man, at the right time.
    Right man, but should have been brought in after Malmo farce. We could have been further up the league and playing even better.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's clear to me that we appear a lot fitter and the desire is expressed as opposed to being curtailed

At professional level it is more about your mind set than your ability.

Really interesting bit in his interview on Hibs TV saying we'll play the same way against Hearts, that we won't change our philosophy just because it's Hearts and that the team will work their socks off and compete.

Putting the ball firmly in their court, as good as saying "This is what we do, what are you going to do to cope with us?"

First Team Breakthrough stanton_4's Avatar
    There is no doubt in my mind that Butcher is the correct choice for us. I was shot down in flames by a few of my mates when I suggested him a few years back. He is expert in positive thought. Loved the bit in an interview recently when he was asked how much the bus breaking down on the way to Ross County affected the players when he replied "It's only a journey".
    Check out this link to the Hampshire coaching conference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYOKhluskI

Really interesting bit in his interview on Hibs TV saying we'll play the same way against Hearts, that we won't change our philosophy just because it's Hearts and that the team will work their socks off and compete. Putting the ball firmly in their court, as good as saying "This is what we do, what are you going to do to cope with us?"
    Butcher isnae daft and knows the significance of this game. Build up will be exactly like it has been and if we play like we did on Sunday we will be fine.

All the hard work is beginning to reap rewards. High tempo and work rate from the off and they will struggle IMHO.

Cannot wait for Thursday evening.

Our biggest problem could be hanging on to the man. After previous iffy efforts he has matured into an effective, very efficient manager and his efforts will not go unnoticed down south. Will he be tempted?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Our biggest problem could be hanging on to the man. After previous iffy efforts he has matured into an effective, very efficient manager and his efforts will not go unnoticed down south. Will he be tempted?
    He has been here for 5 minutes (or more accurately, about 5 games!) dont panic

People change jobs in football and if he gets a great move after winning the Scottish with us, good luck to him !!