hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 144

Thread: We Want EIGHT

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,556
    We are going to win 4-0.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    59
    Posts
    11,478
    I want to win by a bucketload. What is wrong with that? We will win by at least 3. They are crap.

  4. #63
    Testimonial Due kaimendhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kaimend
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,506
    We battered em in the cup game, then list by a freak goal. We made umpteen great chances against a far better side today, we will win and easily


    Sent from my iphone

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to win by a bucketload. What is wrong with that? We will win by at least 3. They are crap.
    Of course we all want a convincing victory. It would be great going into the last 10 mins of a derby without our collective ***** twitching like a rabbits nose and having a good sing song in full knowledge that we'll win the game. But I've completely forgotten what that feels like so will happily take a scrappy 1-0, which if we are destined to win this game, is the most likely score imo.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts got a good result today and were 'outstanding' according to Locke in the BBC report.

    Forget how many we will score, we just need to WIN.
    What would you have expected him to say - "we were slightly less p**h than usual and that's why we scraped a point".

    Lets do it decisively.

  7. #66
    First Team Regular Potty78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    peebles
    Age
    44
    Posts
    636
    When will some of our fans learn. We rarely beat hearts never mind hammer them. I have seen better hibs teams lose to that mob. Go out with the same attitude as the last few weeks and we have a massive chance. One more than them will do.

  8. #67
    Coaching Staff Thecat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    44
    Posts
    19,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When will some of our fans learn. We rarely beat hearts never mind hammer them. I have seen better hibs teams lose to that mob. Go out with the same attitude as the last few weeks and we have a massive chance. One more than them will do.
    Actually if the players maybe went out with the attitude of the fans we wouldn't ***** it. It's about time the players thought "we can do them" and have a real go for the 90 mins.

  9. #68
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When will some of our fans learn. We rarely beat hearts never mind hammer them. I have seen better hibs teams lose to that mob. Go out with the same attitude as the last few weeks and we have a massive chance. One more than them will do.
    Aye, but we'll never have a better chance of demolishing them.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,254
    This thread should be bumped to the top every day till the game.

    It's wrong though. I want 9.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 2,389.68!



  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread should be bumped to the top every day till the game.

    It's wrong though. I want 9.
    Bump!!!

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,647
    We will win by at least 3. But it could be more their cheating thieving lucky ways have ended. It's our time and we will make them pay

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    12,984
    Do people really think we will thump them. ?? In reality any team in our league can beat us if we are not fully on it...they have proved that twice this season...it's their last big game as they will be down before we next play them...so for me, it will be tight - and we will have to be on form from the start,....

  14. #73
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,995
    If we score early doors i think we will proceed to give them a tanking.
    The longer the game goes without a goal the more nervous i will become.

    Gladly take any win.

  15. #74
    The start of this match will be crucial - both the yam fans know this and Hibs fans know that if we start like last time and take a chance we create then we will grow in confidence.

    As stated the longer any game goes on the belief starts to grow for the team with no shame.

    I also don't care how we win - as long as we just do it and get the 3 points.

    I do believe with Butcher in charge though he will have them ready and we are a settled team playing with some confidence now.

    I can't wait for the game and the atmosphere as I know the fans will be up for it as they sense blood again - hopefully the players do the business

    For any yams looking in - BIG TEAM BIG LEAGUE - WEE TEAM WEE LEAGUE

  16. #75
    Coaching Staff Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    17,248
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I explained why I think it's relevant in my last post. Derby games are different to other games. They're typically tight games and in order for a cricket score to be run up then there usually has to be a big difference in the ability of the teams playing. Look at the games where we have beat them by more than 1 goal, the two best hibs teams I've seen in my lifetime. A far cry from our current squad. Yes hearts are murder this season but we're no world beaters either and of course have already lost twice to them this season.
    You mentioned earlier that there were times when we should have beat them handsomely but never. When were these times if you say it's all about difference in ability? I'd say the only time we've had a more talented squad than them in the last 30 years was around the 6-2 period....and their big victories and good record are all down to their overspending.

    The facts are that a team with better players beats a team with weaker players more often and the odd freak result is thrown in. I was going to repeat that bringing up old scores was irrelevant but it actually proves my point when you look at the actual teams facing each other.

    Look at the real difference in points right now, the make up of the squads and analyse the two previous matches. The freak results have happened and while it might not be eight, I'd be putting some money on there being no more anomalies. Derby matches aren't really that different to other ones on the park.

  17. #76
    Testimonial Due Hibs07p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,388
    I would love to give them a real battering, but feel we are going to face a defence that is going to be difficult to break down. We need to make sure we win a lot of fouls around their box, and not allow them to dictate play, when they start falling looking for fouls. The only hope they have is breaking up our play and slowing the game down, and getting the fans on the players backs. We are going to have to settle for a lot punts into the box, and hopefully we get a scrappy goal. A second would finish it for me, as we could play with them and rip the P!sh out of them quite comfortably after that.

    GGTTH

  18. #77
    Coaching Staff Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    17,248
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's relevant because psychology has a big influence on sport.

    In any sport, if a team/sportsperson has a terrible record against a rival team or sportsperson, you here quite often about that record affecting the way that they play against them as it gets to them mentally.

    I think our derby record is very relevant.
    Maybe if the terrible record is down to the players in question they will have doubts but other than that I don't think so. Personal psychology plays a big part but historic records are totally irrelevant. Do you honestly think scores from four, twelve or thirty years ago play any part in players minds?

    The only place these doubts exist is in the minds of the crowd. When we fall behind in a derby we usually say "here we go again" and expect the worst. When hearts fall behind they think "we're going to win because we're hearts, it's what we do". These attitudes are deep-rooted because hearts are used to having better players due to their cheating and we are used to being on the end of it. Players pick up on crowd vibes and I think that's the only way the past record effects the team: indirectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about our record in the Scottish Cup then?
    Pretty simple. Each time we were beaten by better teams in the final (apart from the Huns apparently). When was the last time we were favourites? There was none of this mince about curses and hoodoos in the sixties so it certainly wouldn't have played a part in any players performance...and the times we were favourites and lost we probably just played mince.

    I'm sorry but there's no such thing as fairy stories, curses or Indian signs and the players know that. They know that previous results are totally, 100% irrelevant because the statistics apply to a different set of players who don't effect them in any way. That's both in the cup and against hearts. They know that's there's nothing wrong with our club and definitely nothing special about hearts.

    Hearts fans think they will win derbies simply because they will and some hibs fans agree with them...both without really knowing why. It's nothing more than them having better players for the past thirty years.

    It's time people woke up and realised that they don't have that advantage any more and looking back on when they did is totally pointless.

  19. #78
    Coaching Staff Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    17,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can score early on, they'll be forced to commit players forward, which will leave them extremely vulnerable at the back.

    However, I don't want our players feeling under pressure to score an early goal, then going into a panic if they don't score in the first 10-15 minutes.

    Let's just focus on getting that first goal, however long it takes.
    Agree with this. They will definitely come to make things difficult for us and hit us on the break and they certainly won't be dictating anything.

    I've seen a few of their matches and I think they play better away from home because the pressure is off. They feel obligated to come forward at home and teams can pick them off...hence a lot of their worst results being at Tynecastle.

    They also aren't as bad as results would suggest. They get forward in wide areas and put a lot of dangerous balls into the box just begging for a striker to get onto. They also have players who like to take men on and drive into the box.

    Eight might be stretching it but we have to be like a dog with a bone for ninety minutes. If we are one down we will have to keep battering away and likewise if we are two up. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think their heads will go down if we score and they will still be dangerous. A lot of them simply consider themselves lucky to be in that position and therefore don't give a monkeys (in a good way) which enables them to play with a certain element of freedom.

    If we play for 90 minutes we should win but we have to make sure that we do...and patience might be required when it comes to getting that breakthrough.

  20. #79
    Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Meadowbank, Edinburgh, Rio.
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mentioned earlier that there were times when we should have beat them handsomely but never. When were these times if you say it's all about difference in ability? I'd say the only time we've had a more talented squad than them in the last 30 years was around the 6-2 period....and their big victories and good record are all down to their overspending.

    The facts are that a team with better players beats a team with weaker players more often and the odd freak result is thrown in. I was going to repeat that bringing up old scores was irrelevant but it actually proves my point when you look at the actual teams facing each other.

    Look at the real difference in points right now, the make up of the squads and analyse the two previous matches. The freak results have happened and while it might not be eight, I'd be putting some money on there being no more anomalies. Derby matches aren't really that different to other ones on the park.
    So you've airbrushed the 80's out your mind then? Wish I could dae the same. However for the first time in many many years I have a suspicion that it is OUR time! Put all the facts you want in print, the last game, L.G.s "goal", sparry heid having polis Beaumont to beat, craig thomson, malkowski, too many others to mention, they have got everything. But like I said, I think it is finally, after far too long, coming OUR way! And personally, I am gonna get max. payback for 30 + years, only some of which was down to cheating financially. But their no gonnae luck their way through this one.

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,672
    Not sure what the record SPFL score is - 8-0 celtic v sheep?

    But we should be aiming high, take account of form, player quality, management and likely tactics. A more realistic view would suggest we could be the first SPFL club to hit double figures and the magic 10. If we have an off day then only 5.

  22. #81
    Daft thread that could have been started by a Yam. Derby matches are completely unpredictable. The form book usually counts for nothing. If playing rubbish teams was a guarantee of a win , there would be no shock results. The Yams had no right to win the last two but did - against all the odds with a bunch of kids.

    Any Hibs win will be progress, and do for me.

  23. #82
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mentioned earlier that there were times when we should have beat them handsomely but never. When were these times if you say it's all about difference in ability? I'd say the only time we've had a more talented squad than them in the last 30 years was around the 6-2 period....and their big victories and good record are all down to their overspending.

    The facts are that a team with better players beats a team with weaker players more often and the odd freak result is thrown in. I was going to repeat that bringing up old scores was irrelevant but it actually proves my point when you look at the actual teams facing each other.

    Look at the real difference in points right now, the make up of the squads and analyse the two previous matches. The freak results have happened and while it might not be eight, I'd be putting some money on there being no more anomalies. Derby matches aren't really that different to other ones on the park.
    Going back to my initial point, every time I come on here before a derby numerous folk are predicting a landslide victory against them which never happens and is why I referred to our terrible record at beating them by more than 1 goal. Off the top of my head the last time I can remember having a better squad was in Mowbray's early days before Romanov started spending big with hearts, 04/05? Only one 2-1 victory that season when we finished 3rd in the league.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    12,984
    I just want a win....this talk about a thumping is highly unlikely...a decent performance and a hard fought win will do for me...keep our momentum going and win a little bit of derby pride back.

  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,953
    Any Derby game that finishes without your team not getting beat is never a bad result. Hearts need 3 points from this game. All the pressure is on them to win. Any pressure from our side is coming from those who are taking a win as a given and are now arguing the toss about how many it will be by.

  26. #85
    @hibs.net private member Hibby D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalry - Shut it!
    Posts
    14,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will simply put everyone behind the ball, hope for a break (like last time)
    and be more than happy with 0-0.

    Now tell me that is not a possibility.

    We need to get stuck in from the kick-off , get a goal and build on that. They will collapse if we get a couple before HT. We should play confidently (Terry will do that) and hopefully take the chances when they come. This lot are MINCE and deserve to get thumped.

    I doubt Hibs will score 8 in the whole of January though.
    We've just scored 5 in 4 days
    Independence is the triumph of hope over fear - Raymond Soltysek

  27. #86
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    462
    I can see nothing but a comfortable Hibs win. If we score early we could all get what we really want, 5+. They have no goal threat. They will park the bus early and we will control the game. Past statistics don't come into this game IMO as extreme financial doping isn't a variable against us.

  28. #87
    A word of warning , the tornadoes next derby after the 7-0 we got pumped 4-0 ! .Stop this nonsense about we should win , we are a work in progress and nothing more so cool this talk , lets hope the players don't read this rubbish thread.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,672
    We will win and win very comfortably.

    The mentality has totally changed at the club, we are very strong physically as well and have just come off two good wins on the bounce. We have conceded 2 goals in Butchers 7 games in charge. We are at home and will have the crowd.

    The weather forecast is good, the pitch is excellent and a Butchers boys are ready for a massive game.

    They are pish and defensively are rank. They will try and get a 0-0 or a 1-0. They fear the worst and golden shower has even admitted that the appointment of Butcher makes us a different proposition.

    Likely result based on form and home advantage? 2-0 or 3-0

    Likely result based on above and desire to destroy them? 5-0

  30. #89
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,796
    I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed.

    If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed. If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.
    Well said. Excellent post

    GGTTH

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)