hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We Want EIGHT

We need to come out of the traps like we did yesterday. We really got at Killie, not too dissimilar to the Hearts League Cup game. The difference was that we got the goal.

Main thing is to go and get the win. Anything beyond that is a bonus. With our derby record I'm not going to say we will pump them. What I will say is that we won't ever get a better chance to give them a doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to come out of the traps like we did yesterday. We really got at Killie, not too dissimilar to the Hearts League Cup game. The difference was that we got the goal.

Main thing is to go and get the win. Anything beyond that is a bonus. With our derby record I'm not going to say we will pump them. What I will say is that we won't ever get a better chance to give them a doing.
    If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes. That's what happened in the league cup game.

The players need to work hard, but they need to get the balance correct also, so that they'll last the full 90 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals. The players just need to remain focused and keep plucking away at them and their inexperienced back 4 will start to make errors.

We want eight and we won't wait

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    A word of warning , the tornadoes next derby after the 7-0 we got pumped 4-0 ! .Stop this nonsense about we should win , we are a work in progress and nothing more so cool this talk , lets hope the players don't read this rubbish thread.
    What a lot of keek. Keep the negativity for elsewhere. We will not be beaten 4-0. It's not rubbish either it's about being positive. There has been far too much negativity on here in recent years so folk are optimistic and looking forward to the game then You come along with this crap.

On recent form and performances yes we should win but it's a derby.... A scrappy 1 nil own goal will do me just fine but I want the same tempo and performance as Saturday that coupled with the work ethics installed by Terry his team.

Do this and I cannot see anything else but a Hibs win.

If you want to be negative and shot folk doon away over to broke back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    What a lot of keek. Keep the negativity for elsewhere. We will not be beaten 4-0. It's not rubbish either it's about being positive. There has been far too much negativity on here in recent years so folk are optimistic and looking forward to the game then You come along with this crap.

On recent form and performances yes we should win but it's a derby.... A scrappy 1 nil own goal will do me just fine but I want the same tempo and performance as Saturday that coupled with the work ethics installed by Terry his team.

Do this and I cannot see anything else but a Hibs win.

If you want to be negative and shot folk doon away over to broke back.
    Away and bile yer heid , Not being negative just realistic, you must be a yam on the windup , get back to kickback yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes. That's what happened in the league cup game.

The players need to work hard, but they need to get the balance correct also, so that they'll last the full 90 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals. The players just need to remain focused and keep plucking away at them and their inexperienced back 4 will start to make errors.

Fans need to stay with it and patient. I am sure they will as Butcher has brought a fight to the club I haven't seen in years - every player working hard for the full 90 mins.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Away and bile yer heid , Not being negative just realistic, you must be a yam on the windup , get back to kickback yourself.
    He's a yam because he thinks we'll win?

We're all being realistic just some are a bit more over confident than others.

I didn't call you a yam I said take your negativity to Brokeback.

Drat my secrets out - nearly 6,900 threads to work out I'm a Yam agent on .net. Ha ha did ok there then before I was found out. And pray tell how did you find out I was a secret Yam? . Was it in my writing.

Don't tell anyone please.

Sorry but ma Heids already boiled with some of the writings in here. Cheers
    Last edited by Aldo; 30-12-2013 at 12:26 PM.

A word of warning , the tornadoes next derby after the 7-0 we got pumped 4-0 ! .Stop this nonsense about we should win , we are a work in progress and nothing more so cool this talk , lets hope the players don't read this rubbish thread.
    Jeezo, what's crawled up your jam roll? Folk just saying we will win that's all. I think we all know it won't be 8. I think if you want to be negative you should stay out this thread, simples!!!

my dad said hearts were no a bad team back then so can't see them getting more than 1 goal tbh

beating hearts is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

If the players put too much into it right from the start, they'll burn out after 20-25 minutes.

We don't need to throw everything at them right away in order to get the goals.
    Agree.

let's remember it was a decent Hear7s team we beat 0-7, and it was a decent Hear7s team that beat us 4-1.
    So by all logic, the ***** Hear7s team that has beaten us 1-0 twice this season, could receive a deserved battering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    I would love to give them a real battering, but feel we are going to face a defence that is going to be difficult to break down. We need to make sure we win a lot of fouls around their box, and not allow them to dictate play, when they start falling looking for fouls. The only hope they have is breaking up our play and slowing the game down, and getting the fans on the players backs. We are going to have to settle for a lot punts into the box, and hopefully we get a scrappy goal. A second would finish it for me, as we could play with them and rip the P!sh out of them quite comfortably after that.

GGTTH
    I'm now arguing with myself. After watching the St Mirren highlights, they don't co-relate with the media reports. St Mirren we're unlucky not to score a few more, the Hear7s defending was comical, and a free shot at goal by Hamill, and a scrappy cross into the box that Patterson couldn't convert, was all they created. I've now revised my prediction. Let's horse this shower of *****e.

GGTTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f21MdhKnyVE&app=desktop

I thought we would cuff them last time. We did but still managed to lose.

If we keep the heid, even if we go one down, we will win, we have the better players by far, but they will pack their defense, go for the break and hope our support loses confidence. Lets just do the job and not be cocky and if we haven't scored after 20 mins lets not panic and really roar on the Hibs. It is interesting reading Kickback on this- they have spotted the title of this thread (if you can bare to waste your time and look ) and although they are split as to the result it gives them hope as they think we are over-confident.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I just want us to do what we have done over the last couple of games. Nothing needs to be changed.

If we're going to hammer them, then we will. But lets not force it. Let the team go about their usual business like they have done over the last couple of games and they won't stand a chance against us.

This.

It was 4-1 actually but still painful

Edit: It was also the following season and we had Roddy 'I've got it, I've got, naw ah've no' McKenzie in goals
    Last edited by Jonnyboy; 30-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    We want eight and we won't wait
    Wish all this goal feast Hysteria would translate into last minute ticket rush Everyone already going persuade another one person to get a ticket tomorrow Bit like a chain letter and we might get over 18 ooo in total Pity it wasn't a Full Moon

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    We should win it. Butcher and Petrie know that defeat means then end of the crowds and half season tickets etc.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    We should win it. Butcher and Petrie know that defeat means then end of the crowds and half season tickets etc.
    butcher will know that if you can regularly beat your closest rivals the fans will love you more,its what we all want and big butch will see it done,and if not I hope we got the doors reinforced :-D

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    butcher will know that if you can regularly beat your closest rivals the fans will love you more,its what we all want and big butch will see it done,and if not I hope we got the doors reinforced :-D

Agreed. I don't have a doubt in my body El Tel will have them fired up and flying an easy win for me.

Not happy when Hibs get all bullish before a derby. If TB has them fighting fit they should win but let's not start predicting routs. It's all gone P Tong too many times!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    We wouldnt beat maroon traffic cones 8.0
    Jeezus.

"a" win would be fab.
    No point in keeping our heads down, any result below 10 - 0 will be cringeworthy. It won't be any better if we pretend we don't care about winning.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    People suggesting that it will be an easy win are delusional.

It will be a hard battle as usual with Hibs coming out deserved 11 - 0 winners.

There will also be at least one yam sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    People suggesting that it will be an easy win are delusional.

It will be a hard battle as usual with Hibs coming out deserved 11 - 0 winners.

There will also be at least one yam sending off.
    And 2 of them will be OG's

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    And 2 of them will be OG's
    And the other 9 will be 3 Lewis Stevenson hattricks.

Just watched their highlights .. Very shaky defence if we pressure them like we did Kilmarnock they will crack .. Reckon Collins will score

And the other 9 will be 3 Lewis Stevenson hattricks.
    Nae pressure Lewy boy

@hibs.net private member
    8 is no longer acceptable we want 10

Thinking back to the 6-2 game, what a pity they had an outstanding keeper in Niemi playing.
    That could have literally been 8 that night, 10, or any other number.

With their current young, brilliant, best in britain team - It's a shame they don't have a donkey in goals. A Malkowski or any other flop like we've had. They could have taken several more thumpings than they have already, McDonald has been good for them and in the main kept most defeats less embarrassing.

As for the game tomorrow, a dominating 2 nil win or so, would be very pleasing and would exceed my expectations. They are the jammiest shower that exist.

Let's be honest. In past derbies, they could have played with 11 traffic cones and would probably have still beaten us, such is our luck and confidence in these games. Somehow, I think it could be different on Thursday. I have a good feeling about the game.