hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We Want EIGHT

As long as we score more than them then I'll be happy. I expect them to sit in with Hamill and the tattooed roaster trying to put their weight about.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What's happened in the past is irrelevant we're playing the worst team in the league we should and will win handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We wouldnt beat maroon traffic cones 8.0
    Jeezus.

"a" win would be fab.
    Can we be a bit more upbeat please.

Had Taiwo scored from twelve inches out the first game would have been entirely different, the second game would have been stopped had it been in the boxing ring, totally fluke result, incidentally PF would probably still have been around for Thursday's match had we got what we deserved.

We are an entirely different proposition now under TB - have no fear. :thumbup:

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    What's happened in the past is irrelevant we're playing the worst team in the league we should and will win handsomely.
    Sorry to be pedantic but technically they're not the worst team in the league as they've amassed 2 more points than Ross County so far, albeit County have a game in hand (which they'll probably lose).

Your right that we should win handsomely but there's been loads of times where we should've won handsomely and haven't. As mentioned by another poster, we haven't beat them by more than a single goal in over 8 years, and before that you'd need to go back to the 6-2 game I believe. Shocking statistic. Yes the past should be irrelevant but imo it's not. Derby games are massively different to other games, mentally and physically. And there's something about hibs that just can't seem to get the hang of them.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 29-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlenrothesHibee View Post
    More than likely 1-0 either way. I can see someone having a hit and hope from 30 yards for them and then parking the bus. Seems to be how they get their points.
    Normally, I would agree with your cautious prediction, but I really feel that hibs should be capable of taking 2 or 3 off Hearts now, and in the ghastly event of defeat, I would deduct a couple of gold stars from the many butcher has acquired.

We need to score first early doors.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Bet365 have us odds-on. Thats worrying.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic but technically they're not the worst team in the league as they've amassed 2 more points than Ross County so far, albeit County have a game in hand (which they'll probably lose).

Your right that we should win handsomely but there's been loads of times where we should've won handsomely and haven't. As mentioned by another poster, we haven't beat them by more than a single goal in over 8 years, and before that you'd need to go back to the 6-2 game I believe. Shocking statistic. Yes the past should be irrelevant but imo it's not. Derby games are massively different to other games, mentally and physically. And there's something about hibs that just can't seem to get the hang of them.
    We have only managed to beat Hearts by more than one goal on three occasions this century.

March 2000 - Hibs 3-1 Hearts
    October 2000 - Hibs 6-2 Hearts
    October 2005 - Hibs 2-0 Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Hibbie View Post
    Can we be a bit more upbeat please.

Had Taiwo scored from twelve inches out the first game would have been entirely different, the second game would have been stopped had it been in the boxing ring, totally fluke result, incidentally PF would probably still have been around for Thursday's match had we got what we deserved.

We are an entirely different proposition now under TB - have no fear. :thumbup:
    I think we are all upbeat. But saying we want 8? C'mon. Setting ourselves up again.
    Just go and win the damn game.

Pat Fenlon resigned, rightly.

The increase in shots on goal and very few being conceded is really encouraging. Back in love big time with Hibs under TB.
    But its about time the PLAYERS stepped forward in a derby.

They will park the bus. Saw they had 5 bookings today. If we score early I'm certain we will win but they are spawny gits

Sent from my iphone

Im no even gona read all the replies but I assume someones already said it. "We're due them a tanking" or something like that cause its been said for the last 3 years now and its still never happened. Derbys are always tight and the next 1 will be no different imo

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    We have only managed to beat Hearts by more than one goal on three occasions this century.

March 2000 - Hibs 3-1 Hearts
    October 2000 - Hibs 6-2 Hearts
    October 2005 - Hibs 2-0 Hearts
    Could you, or the guy who you quoted explain why any of this is relevant?

Why is the past not irrelevant?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I explained why I think it's relevant in my last post. Derby games are different to other games. They're typically tight games and in order for a cricket score to be run up then there usually has to be a big difference in the ability of the teams playing. Look at the games where we have beat them by more than 1 goal, the two best hibs teams I've seen in my lifetime. A far cry from our current squad. Yes hearts are murder this season but we're no world beaters either and of course have already lost twice to them this season.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    We need to keep the head and stick to the game plan. TB will adjust that as the game progresses.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Let's just win the game, not worry about winning by 8 clear goals

However if it happens, I'll be delighted

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: O7 titch 62
    It seems every time we play them these days people on here predict convincing hibs victories. Il be delighted with a 1-0, obviously we are long overdue to give them a vast humping but as usual I can't see it. Although I'm quietly confident of a win, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it finished 0-0 or dare I say it a repeat of the last 2 derbies. Just because we've beat Ross county and Kilmarnock (2 of the worst teams in the league) recently doesn't mean we should get carried away.
    One of which thumped the perennial cheaters 4-0 at the PBS less than a week ago

I don't see how players who played absolutely no part in us having a poor record in previous derbys can in anyway be influenced by something they had nothing to with. Hearts derby record probably gives their players a lift going into the game but it wont make them better player's and it won't make golden showers a better manager.

Think the op was posting somewhat tongue in cheek when he said we want 8. That is a score he [and many others] would be delighted with but, I am sure he realises how the game will be and if asked would comfortably settle for a win, by any scoreline. Personally I think that TB will demand a win and will get it, 1-0/2-0 imo.

Winning by a big margine is a nice luxury but at the end of the day I don't care if its 7-0 or 1-0 as long as we beat those arrogant, deluded *******s and wipe the smug looks off their faces!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    80-1 for a Hibs 5-1 victory.

Couple of quid on that!

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I think it's relevant because psychology has a big influence on sport.

In any sport, if a team/sportsperson has a terrible record against a rival team or sportsperson, you here quite often about that record affecting the way that they play against them as it gets to them mentally.

I think our derby record is very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I think it's relevant because psychology has a big influence on sport.

In any sport, if a team/sportsperson has a terrible record against a rival team or sportsperson, you here quite often about that record affecting the way that they play against them as it gets to them mentally.

I think our derby record is very relevant.
    But it's not the same players who are responsible for us having a poor record against them. Most of our current team won't care or even know what the scores against hearts were before they arrived, so I don't know how it will affect their performance.

Blog Entries
    This is without a shadow of doubt the biggest game of the season for us and more so for them. If we win, they will not recover and relegation is a certainty and we could go on to earn a top six place. If they win, our season could take a real downward turn and they could conceivably go on to avoid instant relegation. The match will pivot purely on the mindset Butcher can instil in our players. If they are up for it I don't see us losing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This is without a shadow of doubt the biggest game of the season for us and more so for them. If we win, they will not recover and relegation is a certainty and we could go on to earn a top six place. If they win, our season could take a real downward turn and they could conceivably go on to avoid instant relegation. The match will pivot purely on the mindset Butcher can instil in our players. If they are up for it I don't see us losing.
    I don't think one loss would have such aq big effect on us, we're a much stronger team now.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Stuff the 1-0 nonsense.

A total and utter doing is all they deserve and all that Hibs should be aiming to give :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    But it's not the same players who are responsible for us having a poor record against them. Most of our current team won't care or even know what the scores against hearts were before they arrived, so I don't know how it will affect their performance.
    What about our record in the Scottish Cup then?

@hibs.net private member
    I couldn't care less how we beat them or by how many. I'd settle for a scrappy goal, a flukey goal, a ridiculous deflection ... anything, just as long as we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    I couldn't care less how we beat them or by how many. I'd settle for a scrappy goal, a flukey goal, a ridiculous deflection ... anything, just as long as we beat them.
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearts got a good result today and were 'outstanding' according to Locke in the BBC report.

Forget how many we will score, we just need to WIN.