hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: We Want EIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be honest. In past derbies, they could have played with 11 traffic cones and would probably have still beaten us, such is our luck and confidence in these games. Somehow, I think it could be different on Thursday. I have a good feeling about the game.
    I'm sure they actually did this on the last two occasions we met.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Just had a funny thought , imagine that as soon as we score, the East reveals a huge banner that says PLEASING

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Just had a funny thought , imagine that as soon as we score, the East reveals a huge banner that says PLEASING
    Ha ha! That really made me chuckle..... The other guys in the pub are looking at me as if I'm a loony!

That would be quality. O and pleasing.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    2 nil for us Jason Cummings to score

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Probably a bit late to make a banner but maybe that should be the chant when we score, a bit like the old wresting chant for big daddy, instead of EA-SY, we all chant PLEAS-ING .

Bugger me I'm so hyped up for this one now, the single malt is going to get a tanning tonight

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It would certainly be better than the flare the away supporters release at every derby without fail.

Don't like the sound of 8, has no resonance.

7 is the Hibernian number. 7 - 0 will do me.

0 - 7 and 7 - 0.

Nice.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If we won 6 - 0, they'd never be able to show the 5 - 1 sign again!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Just reading Gary Cocke's interview on BBC. Says that the motivation to move into positive points with a win in the derby is huge. Also says (somewhat curiously) that Butcher has come in and put a lot of bigger, stronger players into the team. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only major change in terms of personnel made by Terry is the recall of Cairney, not a player I'd describe as bigger and stronger.

Does this slavering roaster actually think about what he's saying before he opens his trap?

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGlass View Post
    Just reading Gary Cocke's interview on BBC. Says that the motivation to move into positive points with a win in the derby is huge. Also says (somewhat curiously) that Butcher has come in and put a lot of bigger, stronger players into the team. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only major change in terms of personnel made by Terry is the recall of Cairney, not a player I'd describe as bigger and stronger.

Does this slavering roaster actually think about what he's saying before he opens his trap?

I saw his comment as well about bigger players,it will be the same team that played them in the cup,almost

Any win will.do me,its a derby after all

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Don't like the sound of 8, has no resonance.

7 is the Hibernian number. 7 - 0 will do me.

0 - 7 and 7 - 0.

Nice.

Cant get eight (we wont anyway).my house is number seven, reg plate has 07 in it .,my employee number adds up to 7,my other car reg plate adds up to 7,too many changes for me if we score a lot !!!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    0-8 would be great with Rudi Skatalogical watching in the stands in support of the chumps on jambosprickwhack.

The Yams will be pretending this derby doesn't matter to them when the inevitable happens and we put EIGHT ​past them. Can't wait to give these lot a proper doing!

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    The Yams will be pretending this derby doesn't matter to them when the inevitable happens and we put EIGHT ​past them. Can't wait to give these lot a proper doing!
    I want Hibs to win. I want to see this happen and Hibs win in style and with dignity. Our neighbours from the west side of town have enjoyed winning the SC 3 times since 2006. The price is still being paid. If they are relegated and that looks set to happen it could be a long stay in the nether regions of Scottish football. They can enjoy their memories of winning the SC and 1-5.
    The future is green and white
    GGTTH
    PS 7 is still a good No. to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I want Hibs to win. I want to see this happen and Hibs win in style and with dignity. Our neighbours from the west side of town have enjoyed winning the SC 3 times since 2006. The price is still being paid. If they are relegated and that looks set to happen it could be a long stay in the nether regions of Scottish football. They can enjoy their memories of winning the SC and 1-5.
    The future is green and white
    GGTTH
    PS 7 is still a good No. to me.
    I've made far too many trips up from Stranraer to see us lose. I even took my brother and his mate to the last League Cup game guaranteeing them they would see a Hibs win. No messing up this time lads, Butcher's boys will hump them I just don't know how many we will win by!

First Team Breakthrough GRANTON_HIBS's Avatar
    We score first we win, by how many is a guess. I suspect they will defend heavy like they played at Celtic, damage limitation. We get 2 at any point and its over. A pleasing start to the year.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Early goal and we'll see it out. Longer it goes 0-0 the more Hear7s will grow in confidence and push for a goal and they might even get one. You just never know.

Fully expect them to park the bus though and attempt to keep it tight instead of them going for it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    We want 2014!

Nah, a tad too optimistic...

We want fourteen!

More plausible. Wonder what the odds would be. Happy New year!

Yeh ... it would be great to win by 5 or 7 or 10 etc, etc.

Its not going to happen. If we win I'll be more than delighted ... if we win by more than one goal I'll be ecstatic.

As someone else posted theres a reason they have had worse results at home than away. They will play 10 behind the ball and 1 up front and we will have to work like mental to get a goal ... the good news is we seem to have learned how to score from corners which could make a difference in this game.

This is not being negative by the way .... Its simply calling the game based on what I have seen from both teams this season. The Yams have won at Pittodrie and restricted celtc to 2 goals away following a humping from them only a few weeks earlier. They also got a decent result away to St Mirren when St Mirren should have been way up for it having just beaten the form team in the PL 4 - 1.

We have had a decent if unspectacular run since Terry Butcher took over during which our strikers have accumulated the sum total of 2 goals in 8 games.

This does not equate to the possibility of us handing out a humping to anybody .. never mind the Yams.

Blog Entries
    Any sort of win will do me. I'm too long in the tooth to think that our relative form and league positions will have any bearing on the result. I don't think I could stand the ignominy of contributing 6 points to their survival attempt. After the ribbing and baiting we've given them in the last 6 months it would be unbearably ironic if we didn't play a part in their inevitable demise. I think we'll win by the odd goal.

At the end of the day (tomorrow) if hearts beat us they are no better off than they were yesterday.

If they dont beat us then they pretty much have to win 6 more games than ross county do before the end of the season, which I think has 19 games to go?

Say Ross County only picked up 6 points between now and the of season then hearts would have to pick up 24 or 8 wins in other words!!!

No chance on 2 counts! 1, RC will pick up more than just 6 more points. 2, hearts will never win 8 games or more.

To overcome this they'd pretty much have to go on a 10 match unbeaten run!!!

They're finished and lets shove it down their throats tomorrow! !!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Cant get eight (we wont anyway).my house is number seven, reg plate has 07 in it .,my employee number adds up to 7,my other car reg plate adds up to 7,too many changes for me if we score a lot !!!
    What's your bank PIN number?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Any sort of win will do me. I'm too long in the tooth to think that our relative form and league positions will have any bearing on the result. I don't think I could stand the ignominy of contributing 6 points to their survival attempt. After the ribbing and baiting we've given them in the last 6 months it would be unbearably ironic if we didn't play a part in their inevitable demise. I think we'll win by the odd goal.
    I'm with you on this one J44. Any sort of win will do me but I would really like a convincing one??