hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Jim Goodwin

Anyone see this guy's blatant punch in the face of Stuart Armstrong on thursday? Stonewall red card that he somehow got away with.

The guy's a talentless thug and I must say I'm embarrassed we were ever willing to stoop as low as him. Welt of a man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Crazy how he never got sent off for that. Absolute nutter!

Hope he smashes into some of the yam players this Sunday though and further depletes them ahead of our game against them on the 2nd.

On the youtube highlights he has a wee dig at ciftci as they tussle for a loose ball but the is blindsided so had no chance of seeing it. Around the 1:40 mark for anyone that wants to see. Is that the incident your talking about or was there another one? There's playing hard and physical and then there's just assaulting people, sadly he falls into the latter category. Glad we never signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see this guy's blatant punch in the face of Stuart Armstrong on thursday? Stonewall red card that he somehow got away with.

The guy's a talentless thug and I must say I'm embarrassed we were ever willing to stoop as low as him. Welt of a man.
    He seems to like elbowing folk in the head on purpose, he did it to Wotherspoon last season(?) and then tried to say that he was the victim of Spoony's cheating and giving it "he might be a nice guy off the park but he shouldn't be trying to get a fellow professional sent off", or words to that effect. Goodwin was looking at the back of his head and went into it with his elbow raised, off the ball. And he should have been off earlier in that game for going through the back of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    On the youtube highlights he has a wee dig at ciftci as they tussle for a loose ball but the is blindsided so had no chance of seeing it. Around the 1:40 mark for anyone that wants to see. Is that the incident your talking about or was there another one? There's playing hard and physical and then there's just assaulting people, sadly he falls into the latter category. Glad we never signed him.
    That's the incident I saw. Horrible player, sadly suited to the Scottish game at present (to an extent)

****bag

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post

Hope he smashes into some of the yam players this Sunday though and further depletes them ahead of our game against them on the 2nd.
    My thoughts exactly.

This in buckets!

@hibs.net private member

The tv official's going to have a look at it so no doubt he'll be banned for Sunday.

I seem to recall, Hibs tried to sign Goodwin but, he wanted to stay at St Mirren.

[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;3846502]The tv official's going to have a look at it so no doubt he'll be banned for Sunday.[/QUOTE

Won't kick in until after he's inflicted some damage on Sunday.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The tv official's going to have a look at it so no doubt he'll be banned for Sunday.
    I'd be amazed if he didn't get at least a 3 game ban on the back of that game. There were at least 3 straight red challenges from Goodwin in the highlights.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...play-1-3249038

And the Referee who missed it all...None other than Bobby Madden. I wonder who's got the Ne'er day Derby?
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 28-12-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If he was playing for us in the derby and did likewise to Stevenson (and got away with it) would we still be calling him a thug?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    If he was playing for us in the derby and did likewise to Stevenson (and got away with it) would we still be calling him a thug?
    I wouldn't, but I'm a hypocrite.

Another one of Pat Fenlons great ideas - probably would have teamed him with 4 other central plodders.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's it though, he won't get away with it. The cameras and the bbc would make sure Mr Lunny was made aware.

We are seeing Trial by TV every week in the SPFL, and the BBC deciding on which incidents are shown in the clips on sportscene.

As hypocritical as i can be, id love to give that Stevenson a good skelp myself!!!

Goodwin is a talent-less thug through and through, in my opinion. He deliberately sets out to hurt the opposition players physically every game. Its the only reason he is on the park.

If he'd come to Hibs when we where needing a "hard" player to break up moves he would not have fitted in to the Hibs style of play (whatever that is ?) and would have been sent off so many time that the team wouldn't know he was a player!!

How that referee missed all this is beyond me, but hey, he is a referee aint he? I just hope he is more alert in watching for the typical Hearts fouls to stop us playing and disrupting the game.

Everyone is focused on the Derby but tomorrows game is important too so lets hope we can get the points and what Goodwin does on Sunday, well time will tell!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    That's it though, he won't get away with it. The cameras and the bbc would make sure Mr Lunny was made aware. We are seeing Trial by TV every week in the SPFL, and the BBC deciding on which incidents are shown in the clips on sportscene.
    Regular pundit on Sportscene as well ... BBC are brutal these days ... They have a lovein with too many clowns like him eg Mikey Stewart Alan Preston wee fat Robbo Stephen Craigan and occasionally that Fud Billy Brown

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    That's the incident I saw. Horrible player, sadly suited to the Scottish game at present (to an extent)
    It is the very first highlight of the game about 14 seconds in on Armstrong. Clear punch.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Another one of Pat Fenlons great ideas - probably would have teamed him with 4 other central plodders.
    Yeah and this place went mental when he decided to stay. Exactly the type we needed at that point in time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yeah and this place went mental when he decided to stay. Exactly the type we needed at that point in time.
    Andy, your right at that time when we were scrapping for SPL survival but thank **** we never that thug

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd agree with that. Got left with they two jokers Soares and Osbourne instead.

Cue, Soares scored two at Kilmarnock.

And I know Osbourne wasn't signed by Fenlon.

Blog Entries
    Yes he plays on the edge, and often over steps it. But those calling him talentless You mean ones that can tackle / pass (to a team mate) and bully the opposition

Have seen him run so many games and is comfortable in both midfield and at CF (although more effective at controlling the game in CM)

Make a list of players who have run midfield's - lots have these same traits (and no i'm not comparing overall talent) and are not really likable...unless they are in your team

Roy Keane
    Neil Lennon
    Roy Aiken

add your own...

Was he out of order ...yes (Lennon subbed him to save another card) and will probably get hauled up for it as was not dealt with by ref...

Lets not be hypocrites - Matty Jack wasn't shy to bully the opposition any way he could ...and we would have him back in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Everyone on here was pleased to take Goodwin at the time but don't let that get in the way of you needlessly bashing Fenlon.

Blog Entries
    That's it though, he won't get away with it. The cameras and the bbc would make sure Mr Lunny was made aware.

We are seeing Trial by TV every week in the SPFL, and the BBC deciding on which incidents are shown in the clips on sportscene.
    In a way he has got away with it. If he had been sent off Saints would have played for 85 mins with 10 men & I doubt they would have won 4-1. He'll now be offered a 2 game ban which given his record, is probably less than the automatic penalty he would have incurred. FWIW I usually feel sympathy for players red or yellow carded when unintentionally elbowing someone while jumping but this was a blatant assault & unnecessary as he had already won the ball. Ridiculous behaviour!
    ps, I'm still opposed to selective retroactive action which depends on TV highlights but as the system exists its better to apply it for acts of thuggery rather than harmless gestures.

And thats whats wrong with the retrospective action, its not consistent and dependent on the Sportscene editor highlighting it. On OAM Willie Miller went on about Aberdeens Robsons blatant dive that went unpunished and the less conspicuous offence in which a Motherwell player was booked. I expected to see the incident in the highlights, but nothing. An ex OF player being protected maybe?

GGTTH

Having met Goodwin several times he is actually one of the nicest guys to speak with and comes across very well.

He does seem to be one of these people who once on the pitch turns into a different person but I would have certainly taken him at Hibs at the time to add some leadership and steel into the team.

Saying that I believe Claros was a better player once settled

He also hates the yams and before the league cup final last season told me he would do everything to be fit (had a calf strain) to win it against them - and like Stephen Thompson I'm happy he stopped the yams winning silverware.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 28-12-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    He does seem to be one of these people who once on the pitch turns into a different person but I would certainly taking him at Hibs to add some leadership and steel into the team.

Saying that I believe Claros was a better player once settled

I agree with the general sentiment but I'd have to say there are limits as to what I'd like to see a Hibs player do to 'boss' the opposition.

As for the second point; I'd love to see Claros back at Hibs.