hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

We may titter/Elephant In The Room... (Merged Relegation Threads)

... at the jambos getting relegated.

However, we arent that far off 2nd bottom and a play off spot ourselves.

With the complete lack of scoring ability in this team is it outwith the realms of possibility we could find ourselves relegated via the play offs?

Scaremongering? Probably but we are rank and all things must be considered! !

As an aside, what sort of ridiculous division would the first division be with us, hearts and the rangers in it!! Ha ha ha

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

With the complete lack of scoring ability in this team is it outwith the realms of possibility we could find ourselves relegated via the play offs?

As an aside, what sort of ridiculous division would the first division be with us, hearts and the rangers in it!! Ha ha ha
    Was just thinking aboot that myself. If ross County horse us next week we could end up in the soapy ourselves.

Anyone from 7th-11th could realistically finish in the play-off spot so we're certainly not out of it.

Our inability to put the ball into the net is a concern and if it's not addressed soon then we may find ourselves in bother.

As it happens, I don't think we will end up in the play off spot as I think Butcher will strengthen us in January and we will hopefully catch St Johnstone for the last top six place.

Sadly I think the others are too far ahead to be caught so 6th is the most we can hope for this year.

There's no getting away from it, we are garbage and can barely string two passes together.
    Butcher deserves time to vet our act together but once again we miss out on the automatic bounce from a new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post

Its far from scaremongering, how many teams who can't score goals end up in comfortable or lofty league positions ? We are a bottom 6 side because that's what our current squad are capable of and as for the oft mentioned forthcoming slaughter of the ****bos on Jan 2nd, why should they or anyone else be scared of us at Easter Road, we are dire

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There's no getting away from it, we are garbage and can barely string two passes together.
    Butcher deserves time to vet our act together but once again we miss out on the automatic bounce from a new manager.

There's no getting away from it?

I've been extremely far away from that assumption every time I have seen us play under Butcher. I must have missed all of these games where we have been outplayed, garbage or barely able to pass to each other.

No offence but this thread is garbage. Just another outlet for unwarranted negativity.

...and how can this "bounce" be described as automatic when so many teams, including ourselves apparently, keep missing out on it?

Thankfully Terry Butcher won't be letting the team wallow in the same gutless self indulgent negativity as some of our fans. It's the mentality of the loser.
    We all knew TB had a massive job on his hands. Yet here we are at the start of what could be a very exciting journey and already we have some playing out the worst case scenario in their heads. That's not realism, we haven't even reached the new managers first transfer window yet for goodness sake.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Fairly sure that when we get harris and heff back plus a few butcher signings we will kick on to be well clear of it. 4 points in the next two games will see us ok.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I agree there is still some sort of risk of the play off spot, but we are 7 points ahead of County, have by far the best goal difference, and if we can start scoring goals (obviously easier said than done of course) we will soon find ourselves pulling away from that group.

We need some signings that's for sure, otherwise it's tight enough to slip down.
    Terry has a tough job, turning this walking dead club around

@hibs.net private member
    A long way to go only 4 points behind St Js. County are 7 behind us and are concerned about the yams.

Not quite bad enough to get relegated, but definitely in the mix for 2nd bottom. We can't score goals and there's something wrong with Easter Road. These and many previous Hibs players have a mental block when they play at ER, which just encourages the opposition.

The big concern now is Hibs playing the Yams at ER on 2nd. They might be doomed and full of rubbish but they defended well against the most potent attack in the SPFL yesterday. Our boys will now be completely bricking it for that match and hoping to hold out for a 0-0 :roll eyes: And the Yams will know that !

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Not quite bad enough to get relegated, but definitely in the mix for 2nd bottom. We can't score goals and there's something wrong with Easter Road. These and many previous Hibs players have a mental block when they play at ER, which just encourages the opposition.

The big concern now is Hibs playing the Yams at ER on 2nd. They might be doomed and full of rubbish but they defended well against the most potent attack in the SPFL yesterday. Our boys will now be completely bricking it for that match and hoping to hold out for a 0-0 :roll eyes: And the Yams will know that !
    They defended well in one game and still lost two goals. A couple of weeks ago the same team pumped them 7-0 on their own patch. Hardly the hallmarks of a great defence. Hearts are pish and if the players are bricking it going into the derby then I give up. Personally I think the derby will be 0-0 or 1-0 hibs with a terrible game in store.

We need to start scoring goals.

We generally don't concede many so if we can start scoring we will start moving upwards quite quickly.

We need to start scoring before January though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    We won't be relegated. We will however finish off yet another mediocre season for reasons that no club should have.
    Last edited by Hibercelona; 22-12-2013 at 07:27 AM.

After watching the Celtic game BTG followed by our game, I don't see us beating them on the 2nd. A draw is the most likely result or another defeat.

Far more chance of us being top 6 than relegated.

Our last league win was at the start of October. We've scored one goal in about 7 or 8 league games. If that doesn't change soon then, yes, we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    After watching the Celtic game BTG followed by our game, I don't see us beating them on the 2nd. A draw is the most likely result or another defeat.
    The way i see it is we cannot score and they cannot defend but they do score goals so if that lot got one ahead of us do you see us getting an equaliser ?. That is the plain truth of where we are as a team, years of mismanagement have got us where we are and it will take a few years to turn things around.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Not quite bad enough to get relegated, but definitely in the mix for 2nd bottom.
    The concern of the OP is that 2nd bottom will see us relegated!

@hibs.net private member
    We can't score goals. 2nd bottom is a real possibility.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We need to start scoring goals.

We generally don't concede many so if we can start scoring we will start moving upwards quite quickly.

We need to start scoring before January though.
    We have really missed Heffernan and hope he is back soon as he is a natural penalty box striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Far more chance of us being top 6 than relegated.
    With current team as is there is no optimism or evidence to back that up But with Heff and Harris back and two or three key players in even if loan signings to add pace creativity and goals we can make top 6 just But those signings need to be spot on and he needs to already know where they will fit in . If that doesn't happen quickly it will be more chop and change Just now I think he will freeze a few players out to give them the message you need to move on . whether anyone wants vine for nothing is another matter. t t alps now looks surplus to requirements if he doesn't even get on bench in next three games. Big Ben hasn't signed contract extension and if he doesn't think things are going to improve he could sign a pre contract in January That would be a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    There's no getting away from it?

I've been extremely far away from that assumption every time I have seen us play under Butcher. I must have missed all of these games where we have been outplayed, garbage or barely able to pass to each other.

No offence but this thread is garbage. Just another outlet for unwarranted negativity.

...and how can this "bounce" be described as automatic when so many teams, including ourselves apparently, keep missing out on it?
    Its called REALISM NOT unwarranted negativity.

The OP has told it how it is. The worst ****bo's team in decades and after nearly half a season we're only 6 gained points better off than that shower of s***.

Reality check needed

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Deja vu!

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

The OP has told it how it is. The worst ****bo's team in decades and after nearly half a season we're only 6 gained points better off than that shower of s***.

Reality check needed
    Winners don't entertain negative thoughts....................maybe this is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!?

5 games - 1 defeat (Celtic), lost 2 goals, scored 2 goals, 3 clean sheets - a number of important players ready to
    return from injury, dominating possession in games (Celtic apart, and unlike almost all Fenlon games) - top six and
    building towards a Scottish Cup third time lucky final - no worries!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    that is the most annoying part for me. most clubs seem to get a huge lift, whenever a new manger takes over. maybe the FACT that we are a NEW MANAGER club, is why we never get the lift

Quote Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
    Winners don't entertain negative thoughts....................maybe this is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!?

5 games - 1 defeat (Celtic), lost 2 goals, scored 2 goals, 3 clean sheets - a number of important players ready to
    return from injury, dominating possession in games (Celtic apart, and unlike almost all Fenlon games) - top six and
    building towards a Scottish Cup third time lucky final - no worries!!!!!!!!!!
    Spot on unfortunately thats why we've only won 2 major trophies in my 40 years on this earth

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post

Reality check needed
    the **** have won 4 games to date us twice and the sheep twice and on all occasions they should have lost 3 or 4 but came out on top
    in the 4 home and away

I couldn't agree more. I've felt this since the beginning of the season and nothing has changed since. A team that can't score goals can only rely on 0-0 draws to pick up points. I'm sure Terry B. can see exactly where we are failing and hopefully he can address not just the lack of goals, but the lack of pace and creativity.