hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: player ratings

player ratings

Very disappointing. We looked a worse team when we got the man advantage. Less hoofball than lately but still a criminal lack of urgency and creativity in the final third.

Williams 6 worrying fumble early on, otherwise not much to do.

McGivern 3 Another poor display full of mistimed jumps and wasted deliveries.
    Hanlon 6 Best performance in quite a while. Kept May quiet.
    Nelson 6
    Forster 7 MOTM for me. Has to be considered for RB permanantly on that display.

Cairney 3 Lost possession so easily again and again. Main contribution seemed to be two dives in the box.
    Robertson 5 solid enough, surprised to see him subbed.
    Craig 5
    Stevenson 5 Poor start, was improving as the game progressed

Cummings 6 Decent start although faded slightly. Want to see more.
    Collins 6 An improvement on recent displays.

Subs
    Zoubir: Predictable.
    Thomson: Got the ball a lot. Gave the ball away a lot. Shouted at teammates a lot.

Fans: Quietest first half I can remember. Apart from screaming at the ref noone seemed to be up for it today Credit to 43 for wakening up second half.

Ref: I have no words.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very disappointing. We looked a worse team when we got the man advantage. Less hoofball than lately but still a criminal lack of urgency and creativity in the final third.

Nelson 6

Cairney 3 Lost possession so easily again and again. Main contribution seemed to be two dives in the box.
    Craig 5

Subs
    Thomson: Got the ball a lot. Gave the ball away a lot. Shouted at teammates a lot.

Fans: Quietest first half I can remember. Apart from screaming at the ref noone seemed to be up for it today Credit to 43 for wakening up second half.

Agree with that except Hanlon who was a 10 today. Perfect display.

William 6

Forster 7
    Hanlon 8
    Nelson 6
    McGivern 5

Stevenson 5
    Craig 4
    Robertson 4
    Cairney 4

Cummings 6
    Collins 6
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Williams 6 not much to do.

McGivern 4 Crosses poor and no idea why he constantly strays towards our centre halves when the ball is on his side
    Hanlon 7 Very solid and bossed May.
    Nelson 6 Won his aerial battles
    Forster 6 Drove forward the whole game but looked very poor in the first half when both teams were full strength.

Cairney 4 Looks fitter to me but kept on coming inside where losing possession is more dangerous. Never really beat his man and gave ball away far too often
    Robertson 5 I can understand why he did it but what a stupid booking to get.
    Craig 3 Really poor today. Negative and did nothing of note at all. He was worse than a man short for me and at times just got in the way. Put him on the left and drop Lewis to left back.
    Stevenson 6 Crossing poor but worked tirelessly. Took a booking for the team when May was breaking into our half one on one

Cummings 6 Did well and looked dangerous at times. No understanding with Collins though and played as two separate entities.
    Collins 7 Looked more dangerous today. Unlucky with header and held the ball up really well particularly in first half. Played well and denied a stonewaller

Subs
    Zoubir: Nothing of note
    Thomson: Too slow and a poor sub from Butcher. He did at least look to play the ball into strikers feet round the box but St J were mob handed by the time it got there

Ref: Possibly the worst I have ever witnessed. Booed off by both sets of fans and some really shocking decisions. The corner at the end is one of the worse decisions I have seen. It was shaping up to be a decent game until he got involved booking Collins for absolutely nothing. Should be pulled up and dropped down the leagues. Appaling

Nelson 6

Craig 5

Subs

Agree with most except Stevenson who can do nothing in that area. Both him and Cairney were poor today. Too many crosses from deep areas as we have no players who can get to the byline. We are more competitive now but have no cutting edge. Foster who is not a natural right back actually got more crosses in to the danger area than all the other players put together. The fans are quiet because the players are not generating enough excitement. We could have won the game at the end though with Collins header and then the penalty incident (I,ll wait till I see the tv but it looked a stonewaller)
    Mcgivern started quite well today but his fitness still seems to be a real problem.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Williams 6

McGivern 4. Needs to cut out the needless fouls, so frustrating.
    Hanlon 7
    Nelson 7
    Forster 6

Stevenson 6.
    Craig 5
    Robertson 5
    Cairney 1.

Cummings 6. Looks promising.
    Collins 6

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Williams 6 - didn't have a whole lot to do

Forster 6 - was good to see him getting forward so much
    Hanlon 8 - thought he was solid today
    Nelson 6 - did okay
    McGivern 3 - defensively he's good but someone needs to have a word with him and tell him he doesn't need to leather the ball every time he comes into contact with it, his passing is shocking

Cairney 5 - quiet game from him today
    Craig 5 - barely noticed him
    Robertson 4 - didn't do much apart from get booked
    Stevenson 5 - didn't do anything wrong but didn't set the game alight either

Collins 6 - good game from him, really helped Cummings today
    Cummings 6 - was impressed with him today, a lot stronger than I expected and he linked up well with Collins.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Thought Forster, Hanlon, Collins and Cummings did well.

Thompson looked more like his old self, much more direct than previous games.

McGivern was woeful.

The rest were all just average, as they have been most of the season.

Another non event all round.

Can't be bothered going through the whole team but some of my opinions on the players:

Hanlon 8- Best he's played for a while, May couldn't get a look in.

Cairney 4- Didn't seem to really have an idea what to do when the ball came to his feet

Craig 4- Probably the worst I've seen him play in a Hibs shirt, seemed to be slowing down play and stifling chances rather than creating them.

Midfield overall 4- Static at times and not helping to create chances. Remember one point in the first half where they were all standing still about 30 yards out in a nice, static, but organised line whilst Forster was trying to play the ball in.

Collins and Cummings 7- Tireless effort and with a bit more of creativity and these two can score. Cannot be faulted for their effort.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Williams 6

McGivern 4. Needs to cut out the needless fouls, so frustrating.

that erse could have cost us that game today, totally needless fouls to give away, ball distribution absolutely ****** appalling AS PER

Forster will never be a right back.No idea when to pass and when to run.Cummings is a long way short of being ready for this level.Both players will improve when being used properly-that is Forster at centre half and Cummings out wide.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    The teams lacks craft, it would be great to have a couple of players on the same wavelength. Collins doesnt do it for me.

eh? Forster was fantastic today and i wouldn't even think of bring back Clancy in that role anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Forster will never be a right back.No idea when to pass and when to run.Cummings is a long way short of being ready for this level.Both players will improve when being used properly-that is Forster at centre half and Cummings out wide.
    Wow. Couldnt disagree more. Shaky early on but attacked the space second half in a way we havent seen since Whittaker. Id play him there in front of Lewis or Maybury.

I'm struggling to understand how Cairney survived the full ninety minutes as he contributed absolutely nothing
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm struggling to understand how Cairney survived the full ninety minutes as he contributed absolutely nothing
    same can be said of Craig.

First Team Breakthrough Leighonel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Agree with that except Hanlon who was a 10 today. Perfect display.
    His little back heel pass towards the end of the game was brilliant.

Have you heard anything about his fitness/health Jonny? He doesnt look right to me.

Have you heard anything about his fitness/health Jonny? He doesnt look right to me.
    Haven't, no. Another thing though is his falling over in the box. Was embarrassing at times today
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Leighonel View Post
    His little back heel pass towards the end of the game was brilliant.
    He's Franco Baresi in disguise. Still there was some clown behind me slagging him off for doing it!

Haven't, no. Another thing though is his falling over in the box. Was embarrassing at times today
    Im afraid his reputation is justified. He needs to cut it out.

Agreed
    This is how it feels

I think if he embarrasses even himself by diving so pathetically and decides to get up really REALLY quickly, then he gets away with it. For now. Saves himself a good few bookings. Rubbish but canny attempt at cheating.

Hanlon great, Cairney lost, Craig awful, Cummings promising the rest average.

In one word : boring

Opinions eh. I actually thought that Cairney was one of our better players.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Indeed
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Can't believe anyone could say that. He is looking like a natural RB and will improve.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Wow. Couldnt disagree more. Shaky early on but attacked the space second half in a way we havent seen since Whittaker. Id play him there in front of Lewis or Maybury.

Definitely a shade or 2 of Whitty. He'll never reach that class going forward but very promising.

Can someone tell Nelson to play the short pass evry time as his long passing is horrendous.

Blog Entries
    Defensively as a team we were good (McGivern individually continues to go back wards)

Up front Collins and Cummings worked very hard and looked sharp - Collins looks pleased to have someone who would run and work and make space.... made good runs which should have seen them played in several times...But midfield on different wavelength

Midfield - apart for first 15 minutes second half when they drove forward and committed players (no surprise its then we created most chances) they were very poor and lacked penetration and good decision making with final ball

As an aside Hanlon is thriving once again when he has a reliable partner - although that reliability is that you know Nelson will batter (feet / head even chest) the ball up field ... I wonder if he comes back at night and shouts 'Honey I'm Home' as he batters the front door off its hinges ....

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    So did I, i actually said to someone next to me that Cairney's getting back to his best. I dunno what game everyone else was watching!