hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does Anyone Have Access To Old Football Kit/Equipment?

Due to Leith Links involvement with the Multi Cultural Family Base (MCFB), it has come to my attention that some of the Black Minority Ethnic (BME) children who they help integrate into society through football do not have even basic clothing or footwear. In fact, one child actually plays in his wellies! In order that they are not singled out even further, I thought I'd see if anyone in the Hibs family could assist or donate any children's gear that is no longer needed. It doesn't have to be a certain label/condition as it can't be any worse than what some of the kids have already.... Some of them actually only have the clothes they are wearing along to the sessions (which are provided free of charge. As is their return transport and a healthy snack) so any items would be gratefully received

Between Hibs.net and Leith Links, they have received 8 Kicks for Kids season tickets, which are very welcome indeed and today I had a meeting with the Project Leader and Leith Links' sponsor and he has very generously offered to pay for ALL of the children who attend the football classes to join the Hibs Kids This will ensure that they get to go to at least 4 games every season, receive a birthday/Christmas card, can particpate in the various (and varied) activities that Hibs run and generally just become part of our diverse family.

Many thanks in advance

P.S. The MCFB are holding a bucket collection at ER on Saturday. Please give generously if you are able GGTTH. #Hibeefamily
    P.P.S. I've already received a PM offering 2 pairs of boots that a child has grown out of Hibs class
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 20-12-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Update

2. Log in to remove the advert

sterling stuff Suzy. keep up the good work.

First Team Breakthrough
    This is brilliant and good luck.

What's the minimum and maximum age of the kids?

What's the minimum size of boot are you after roughly?

Do they play indoor, outdoor or on astroturf?

I only ask as I don't know if what I have will be of any use. Also, you can pick up loads of types of kids boots at sportsdirect for around a tenner...if anyone reading is feeling spontaneous and generous.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the minimum and maximum age of the kids?

What's the minimum size of boot are you after roughly?

Do they play indoor, outdoor or on astrotur

I only ask as I don't know if what I have will be of any use. Also, you can pick up loads of types of kids boots at sportsdirect for around a tenner...if anyone reading is feeling spontaneous and generous.
    Very relevant questions Peter. The ages are between 7 and 15ish and they play indoors currently but hope that the kids will move to mainstream clubs as they grow up. Re the boots, no idea but any kids sizes would be very welcome ;)

Just had an offer of strips which is amazing! Hibee family indeed..

@hibs.net private member
    If they play indoors it will be Astros or trainers Suzy, can't wear studs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@hibs.net private member
    If I make an extra payment via the KfK site, can it be ring fenced for this?

Sorry, via the LL site

Left by mutual consent!
    Suzy, can you find out what size boots the laddie who wears the wellies needs. I'm sure santa can deliver a pair. Pm me the details

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post

Sorry, via the LL site
    How about the eaststandstone paypal account Suzy? Easier for you to work out what's what. We've proved before that we can get a fantastic amount from the hibs fans. Maybe a shopping trip for the kids in the new year to kit them out?

The Green Brigade (For all their downfalls) had an Anti-Discrimination 5-a-sides tournament in Glasgow (And do one annually I believe). Something like that could be good (For teens/adults)? At East Mains, Leith Acedemy, Spartans etc. Could get together 2 teams I reckon. Any monies raised go towards kit for the kids?

Folks, thanks so much for all of the replies/suggestions. I'm at my other work just now so apologies for not replying individually ;) AFAIK, the kids play in a scout hall just now but will play on grass in the summer. I will find about the astroturf though.

Yes, Jill, the eaststandstone a/c is a good call. Will reply fully when I get in.

You've restored my faith in human nature guys!
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 18-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Sorry, via the LL site
    Thank you so much I. You are a very generous person indeed Yes is the answer! Please put MCFB or the likes in the notes field so I know. I have also set up a PayPal account specifically for this fundraiser hibeefamily@gmail.com if anyone would like to donate Every single one of you who have offered help is the very definition of Hibs class IMHO

So far we have: 2 pairs of boots, 17 football shirts, 11 pairs of shorts, the offer to buy the wee boy who wears the wellies some boots/trainers and the idea of a football tournament made up of Hibs.net posters to raise funds for the group. Wow. Absolutely brilliant effort Oh, and not forgetting the offer to enrol ALL of the children who attend the football sessions in the Hibs kids Thanks so much everyone. I know Lorraine, the project leader, will be absolutely blown away by your generosity

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Suzy, can you find out what size boots the laddie who wears the wellies needs. I'm sure santa can deliver a pair. Pm me the details
    R, what can I say? What a lovely gesture. I will get back to you ASAP when Lorraine replies. Hibs class, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    The Green Brigade (For all their downfalls) had an Anti-Discrimination 5-a-sides tournament in Glasgow (And do one annually I believe). Something like that could be good (For teens/adults)? At East Mains, Leith Acedemy, Spartans etc. Could get together 2 teams I reckon. Any monies raised go towards kit for the kids?
    Thank you very much for your suggestion Scott One of the other .net posters has also been in touch with a very similar idea so watch this space

Blog Entries
    can we not just buy some new kit?

http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/footba...set-junior-p83

£6 for the green & white top & shorts sets here.....I stick in for a couple of these?

Edit...oopps just seen other posts...yes a fundraiser tourney to fund would be good too
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 18-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    can we not just buy some new kit?

http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/footba...set-junior-p83

£6 for the green & white top & shorts sets here.....I stick in for a couple of these?

Edit...oopps just seen other posts...yes a fundraiser tourney to fund would be good too
    Thanks J I'm going to see what Lorraine comes back with and hopefully we can direct any help towards the items they desperately need. Amazing effort so far

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Thank you very much for your suggestion Scott One of the other .net posters has also been in touch with a very similar idea so watch this space
    Suzy - I can help on this by bringing the pitch arena to Leith and we can get some tunes going.....make a real event of it for the kids.

PM me and we can then have a proper chat.

@hibs.net private member
    Right! :) I've spoken to Suzy and we think it's best to use a different account for donations towards football kit for the kids. Leith Links is really a stand alone thing for KFK tickets for lots of places, that's the remit for donations and D/Ds and the money from that goes directly back to the club.

Anybody who wants to donate towards kit for kids who use the multicultural family base please don't use the Leith Links page, Suzy could you post up a link for the account please. :)

Leith Links won't be buying half seasons but will continue to raise funds for more season tickets for next season, it's a great initiative and one that's really appreciated by the kids. To be fair no more were going to be bought until next season anyway, it was only when Suzy realised that more would definitely be used that it was decided another two would be worthwhile.

We are also thinking of adding hibs kids memberships to the Leith Links part of things, money still goes to the club. We need to find out more about how we could do this for the kids who use the KFKs tickets. Data protection etc may be an issue but I'm sure it can be worked out. Watch this space :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Right! :) I've spoken to Suzy and we think it's best to use a different account for donations towards football kit for the kids. Leith Links is really a stand alone thing for KFK tickets for lots of places, that's the remit for donations and D/Ds and the money from that goes directly back to the club.

Anybody who wants to donate towards kit for kids who use the multicultural family base please don't use the Leith Links page, Suzy could you post up a link for the account please. :)

Leith Links won't be buying half seasons but will continue to raise funds for more season tickets for next season, it's a great initiative and one that's really appreciated by the kids. To be fair no more were going to be bought until next season anyway, it was only when Suzy realised that more would definitely be used that it was decided another two would be worthwhile.

We are also thinking of adding hibs kids memberships to the Leith Links part of things, money still goes to the club. We need to find out more about how we could do this for the kids who use the KFKs tickets. Data protection etc may be an issue but I'm sure it can be worked out. Watch this space :)

Thanks Jill The PayPal a/c for donations towards the football inclusion fund for MCFB is hibeefamily@gmail.com. If anyone wants to contribute to Kicks for Kids tickets via Leith Links or for Hibs Kids memberships (for those children receiving KfK tickets) the PayPal a/c is leithlinks@live.co.uk. Many thanks to you all for the tremendous generosity shown to the children. It's extremely heartwarming

P.S If you are able to offer items/services etc, instead of hard cash , then that is equally as welcome and will be much appreciated by the MCFB I will advise of their 'wish list' when I get it. GGTTH. #Hibeefamily

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Suzy - I can help on this by bringing the pitch arena to Leith and we can get some tunes going.....make a real event of it for the kids.

PM me and we can then have a proper chat.
    Superb I will be in touch when we have some definite plans in place. Thanks very much, I really appreciate your offer

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    That is a GREAT name for our initiative, Kits for Kids GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    That is a GREAT name for our initiative, Kits for Kids GGTTH.
    That's the name the Daily Record uses for their token giveaway thingy. That's something the MCFB should look at doing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    That's the name the Daily Record uses for their token giveaway thingy. That's something the MCFB should look at doing next year.

Boo! OK, what about Kits for Hibs Kids?

Update: Lorraine at MCFB is absolutely blown away by the level of support for the MCFB's fundraising . It's been going for less than a year and they've had up to 80 kids a week at the sessions they provide free of charge so it's a real success story . The great thing about it is that no child is turned away as, when they first started, some of the wee local 'scally's' watched through the fence and eventually, one day, plucked up the courage to ask "Mrs, is it OK if we play too?"

Re the kind offers made by the Hibs family, Lorraine is in the process of 1) composing a thank you letter for me to post here and 2) a list of the items most needed in the short-term. She has also mentioned that her idea regarding footwear is to have a bag of trainers/boots for any of the children to use at a session. That way, no matter what they turn up wearing on their feet, they will have proper footwear for playing football and they can then be used by other children at the next session and so on

£70 received already Oh, and an offer of assistance from a PE student who is keen to help the MCFB out

@hibs.net private member
    Suzy, PM sent

Left by mutual consent!
    Suzy,

PM Sent

Suzy, PM sent
    Message left

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Suzy,