hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Relegation watch (Estimated Relegation Date.......... TODAY!)

Thought I'd start a weekly tracker to keep a track of whether the dream of us being the team that relegates that lot is still alive. The earliest date is a bit inaccurate as it's just assuming that the teams above them will score three points and doesn't take into account that they will likely play each other anyway, so it's likely to be a fair bit later in the league. Here we go

Points behind nearest rival: 14 (Ross County - Ross County have one game in hand)
    Points still to pick up: 66
    Earliest approximate date that the yams can be relegated: 15th Feb vs ICT
    Closest derby: 29th March @ Tynecastle (six games after the ICT game).

The dream is still on

2. Log in to remove the advert

29th March is a cert

@hibs.net private member
    Aye, I cert we have the chance to send them down and ****** it up!

I've got a real feeling we will get a chance to relegate them.

Whether we take the chance is another matter. Someone is going to get the pleasure so here's hoping it is us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    15th February against ICT would do me fine like.

Could you imagine having the chance to go to the PBS to offiically confirm them being down

That would be pretty epic!

However I am more concerned about our own form right now and beating them on the 2nd as having lost twice to them already this season is unacceptable!!

I am also slightly worried about Ross County and Killie and the form they are in. County have some very hard games coming up.

There are also questions to ask - will the yams visit on the 2nd Jan be the last time at ER for a while ? Or will we be bottom 6 and have another chance to beat them before May at ER in the league ??

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, I cert we have the chance to send them down and ****** it up!
    No chance a Butcher team will be as soft as we have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Thought I'd start a weekly tracker to keep a track of whether the dream of us being the team that relegates that lot is still alive. The earliest date is a bit inaccurate as it's just assuming that the teams above them will score three points and doesn't take into account that they will likely play each other anyway, so it's likely to be a fair bit later in the league. Here we go

Points behind nearest rival: 14 (Ross County - Ross County have one game in hand)

The dream is still on

Well it was a nice try

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Killie and Rossy county are trying their hardest for the tramps to catch them.

Lets just pray hearts pick up the sqaure root of ****all every week.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    Could you imagine having the chance to go to the PBS to offiically confirm them being down

However I am more concerned about our own form right now and beating them on the 2nd as having lost twice to them already this season is unacceptable!!

I am also slightly worried about Ross County and Killie and the form they are in. County have some very hard games coming up.

There are also questions to ask - will the yams visit on the 2nd Jan be the last time at ER for a while ? Or will we be bottom 6 and have another chance to beat them before May at ER in the league ??
    Ross County can and will strengthen in the January window - Killie will get short term loans in. Hearts can't and won't sign anybody and will lose a couple of players. I am already hearing that Walker might be away and he can talk to teams in January (they would get a development fee I think).

Hearts will go down

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Doing some further calculations...

zero-seven...6-2....carry the one...pi...divide by the first number you think of...

Yep, they're *****.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Earlier the better for me

Left by mutual consent!
    Am crap at arithmetic - does this mean it's now impossible for them to be 'above us/Hibs by Christmas' .................

So embarrassing if they did !!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

The dream is still on

Big team, big frauds, BIG deficits.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberña's Avatar
    If they are 16 points (or more) behind 2nd bottom on the 29th of March the Roseburn Relegation Party is on.

They are currently 14 points behind.

Pweasing.

Excellent idea for a thread - it's certainly one I will be keeping an eye on. I have a feeling they will be relegated very early on to join their friends Sevco in the first division.

They have Celtic away and Kilmarnock at home - two games they won't pick up any points from. Can't remember the last time Kilmarnock lost at the PBS.

The dream is still on

Although i think they will go down before way play in march i still think we will have a say in it somehow

Is it too much to ask that we do our bit by actually beating them in January?

Quote Originally Posted by StranraerHibee View Post
    Excellent idea for a thread - it's certainly one I will be keeping an eye on. I have a feeling they will be relegated very early on to join their friends Sevco in the first division.

They have Celtic away and Kilmarnock at home - two games they won't pick up any points from. Can't remember the last time Kilmarnock lost at the PBS.
    That Killie game is another huge game for them...Killie win or draw and you will see even more infighting from across the road and Direct Debits cancelled and crowds drop in early 2014 - especially if we do beat them!!

Having beaten Aberdeen twice also this season you can guarantee McInnes surely won't let it happen again.

With respect to the OP this is a chronic thread.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post

They will take points from the yams mate

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Am crap at arithmetic - does this mean it's now impossible for them to be 'above us/Hibs by Christmas' .................

So embarrassing if they did !!
    Which one mate ?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    How come ?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Excellent thread.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Reckon they will already be down by the time we go back to Tynecastle.

Just as long as we help them on their way on the 2nd.

Wish it could be a hammering but we don't have the players (yet) to give anyone a hammering.

Hibs 2, Hearts 0.

PS

Great thread.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Excellent thread.

I wouldn't go so far as to suggest a countdown clock, with time being added every time they managed to claw a point though

......or would I?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Ross County can and will strengthen in the January window - Killie will get short term loans in. Hearts can't and won't sign anybody and will lose a couple of players. I am already hearing that Walker might be away and he can talk to teams in January (they would get a development fee I think).

Hearts will go down

How would the development fee work? Should it not be paid to pre-admin Hearts as opposed to the current set up? Where all contracts not amended in return for a pay cut when they entered admin?

anybody clarify?
    Last edited by The Falcon; 15-12-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Too many questions....

Can the out of contract yams players be offered new contracts while in admin? Not like they have any money to do so!

@hibs.net private member
    The fact is they think they will just pop back up next season. No, rangers will be I. That league... But, but the play offs... Hmm.. Sorry but if they are still in admin by the start of next season I think that's Another 12 points, or even automatic relegation. Oh well too bad lolol

I will be happy if we can just beat them on the 2nd.

Watched the 2nd half of their game with ICT on ALBA and they were utterly rank, they have a manager who's idea of tactics appears to be standing in front of the dugout looking like he knows the game is up clapping his hands and shouting c'mon! every 5 minutes. In fact he might as well be in the stand beside the numpty in the wheatfield who screamed C'mmmmmmoooooonnnnnn hearts !!!!!! like a demented looney every 5 minutes during the TV coverage.

In fact watching that last night the ground looked depressing, the manager looked depressed, the crowd looked depressed and the players looked depressed.

It was brilliant