hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Best Goal..............................

Which goal that you've seen live would you rate the best to you personally? I'm not talking about spectacularly the best, but the best emotionally because of what it meant at the time, whether it be a winning cup final goal, a winning derby goal or a goal that for any other reason is the one you most fondly remember.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Easy for me...

Boozy in the you're not unbeatable game.

I was starting to get really depressed considering the money they were spending and the fact they were cruising at the top of the league. When they sacked Burley (Romanovs first sign of being a total loon if you don't include him buying them in the first place) I started to see a glimmer of light, and then this goal and this result meant everything to me.
    Last edited by hibsmad; 11-12-2013 at 10:37 PM.

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    Keith Wright's goal against the Oldco, in the semi of the league cup. Just delightful beating them that day and give Goram pelters during it. Andy Andy what's the score

toughy

Best goal i've seen live was Darren Jackson for Scotland "B" at Easter Road years and years ago. Juggled the ball twice over defenders head and then left foot volley in the top bins.

Best emotional was probably Latapy against Hearts in 6-2 game. Not only was it a complete cracker but capped off a wonderful team performace

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I liked the goal Bobby Smith scored in the first minute of the second half at ER against the now deceased rangers. I keep watching replays because I missed the goal taking too long getting bovril. It was a f****** beauty!

Possibly the 4th one in the CIS final as when they scored to make it 3-1 I had started to get the fear!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archies Goal at Tynie! we won 2-1 Calum Milne jumped in with the fans at the end! :)

Last edited by MrSmith; 11-12-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Sparky's goal against Falkirk to make it 4-3 is up there for me. That match was an emotional rollercoaster.

Last edited by Gus Fring; 11-12-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Swapped for a version with Liam Mcleods commentary

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Russell's goal in the 6-2 game - I honestly experienced a high at that point which I'd never experienced before, nor have since. We had been due them a hammering for sooooooo long, when it finally came about, especially from such an incredible goal, I just couldn't contain myself (not that I'd ever try anyway!).

Kinda get the feeling that we're due them a hammering again now...

Harper's goal when we won 2-1 just before relegation.

Wotherspoon's 'goal' in the Scottish Cup game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevenl049 PSN ID: stevenl049
    Either the Zitelli overhead kick at Dens Park or the Zitelli screamer against AEK.

Quote Originally Posted by butchersdug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    toughy

Best goal i've seen live was Darren Jackson for Scotland "B" at Easter Road years and years ago. Juggled the ball twice over defenders head and then left foot volley in the top bins.

Best emotional was probably Latapy against Hearts in 6-2 game. Not only was it a complete cracker but capped off a wonderful team performace
    Jackson's goal popped into my head upon reading this thread as well but my memory of it is pretty hazy tbh.

John O'Neill's last-minute equaliser at Tynie to preserve Sauzee's unbeaten record v the yamboids was pretty special on an emotional level.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Probably Dean shiels at the pbs, we were losing one nil that night and came back to win two one. The atmosphere in the hibs end was electric.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    As a veteran of all 22 games under Alex Millers time it should really be Geebsies goal that ended it. Wee Russells goal though was the wee cherry on the icing on the top of the cake. Even big lugs goal at the death couldn't take the inane grin off my face which coincidentally I was later that night.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Probably Dean shiels at the pbs, we were losing one nil that night and came back to win two one. The atmosphere in the hibs end was electric.
    best game i have ever been to - what a night

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Griffiths winning goal in the Falkirk semifinal closely followed by Ross Caldwell at Tynecastle

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Either Sparkys at Hampden against Falkirk or his free kick at Tynecastle last season, or Jones in the final.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Latapy's goal in the 6-2 game
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons. My 2 favourite Hibs goals have probably been the winner away to Dunfy a couple of seasons ago, mainly due to the fact we were in a relegation battle with them and had been losing the game at one point. Huge away support too. Favourite one though was Caldwell at the PBS.

Looking forward to the winner on Saturday too.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Mcfadden in Paris without a doubt. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I see it!

Another was the sheer bedlam when Riordan scored in Dnipro to have us ahead on away goals. Shame I didn't even make it back to my seat by the time they scored again. All that way just for 30 seconds of joy - the goal was good too

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Mcfadden in Paris without a doubt. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I see it!

Another was the sheer bedlam when Riordan scored in Dnipro to have us ahead on away goals. Shame I didn't even make it back to my seat by the time they scored again. All that way just for 30 seconds of joy - the goal was good too
    I was there mate. Like you said the sheer bedlam when Deek scored. I can see myself on TV after they showed the fans celebrating after the goal

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons. My 2 favourite Hibs goals have probably been the winner away to Dunfy a couple of seasons ago, mainly due to the fact we were in a relegation battle with them and had been losing the game at one point. Huge away support too. Favourite one though was Caldwell at the PBS.

Looking forward to the winner on Saturday too.
    Have to agree with you there Fraze. Just the audacity of it, especially after the jambos unfurling all those 5-1, 1902 banners earlier in the game. Capped off by Ngoo et al giving us a lap of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN WARLORD View Post
    Keith Wright's goal against the Oldco, in the semi of the league cup. Just delightful beating them that day and give Goram pelters during it. Andy Andy what's the score
    Definitely in my top 3! I was but a teenager and it was the first game where I ended up celebrating so much that I ended up quite a few rows from where I started.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Harper's goal when we won 2-1 just before relegation.

Wotherspoon's 'goal' in the Scottish Cup game.
    This one came closest to recreating 'olden days' celebrations in our brand new stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    Sparky's goal against Falkirk to make it 4-3 is up there for me. That match was an emotional rollercoaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by LioNeilMessiMYB View Post
    Griffiths winning goal in the Falkirk semifinal closely followed by Ross Caldwell at Tynecastle
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Either Sparkys at Hampden against Falkirk or his free kick at Tynecastle last season, or Jones in the final.
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Griffiths winner against Falkirk was brilliant for obvious reasons.
    It's obviously just me that celebrated Doyle's equaliser more. It was the relief that we had actually pulled it off. From that point there was only going to be one winner. Up until that trundler went into the bottom right hand corner, we were still thinking it was going to be a typical Hibs hard-luck story.
    Last edited by HibeeMG; 11-12-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Quote fixing

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    Have to agree with you there Fraze. Just the audacity of it, especially after the jambos unfurling all those 5-1, 1902 banners earlier in the game. Capped off by Ngoo et al giving us a lap of honour.

I can see myself going mental

Left by mutual consent!
    Tam McManus at Ibrox. What a goal.

For drama, Griffiths vs Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Definitely in my top 3! I was but a teenager and it was the first game where I ended up celebrating so much that I ended up quite a few rows from where I started.

This one came closest to recreating 'olden days' celebrations in our brand new stand.

It's obviously just me that celebrated Doyle's equaliser more. It was the relief that we had actually pulled it off. From that point there was only going to be one winner. Up until that trundler went into the bottom right hand corner, we were still thinking it was going to be a typical Hibs hard-luck story.
    Nope . Doyle's goal was something else mind you

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN WARLORD View Post
    my first hibs game and the goal i used to fast forward for on 'the team that would not die' video! that floated ball and header in slow motion

The bedlam after Anthony Stokes goal straight from kick off (7 seconds) against the Huns still sticks with me, despite the end result.

I remember it was approaching Christmas time, and a win against Rangers would have sent us clear at the top of the table. We were hyped as genuine title contenders before the game, but don't think even the most optimistic Hibs fan believed we could do it. Suddenly we were a goal up, and for a surreal 20 minutes, the atmosphere was incredible.

@hibs.net private member
    Super Leighs Goal against Falkirk In The Semi

Latapys Goal in the 6-2

Chic Charnleys Lob from just over the half way line followed a week or later Pat McGinleys Lob from just over the half way also or maybe Pat was first cant mind.