hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

McCoist disappointed by 'strange' Easter Road choice

Seems ER isn't good enough for fat Ally. Would prefer a 60,000 seat stadium. I wonder which one he has in mind?

And does the plan involve the fans trashing the stadium after the game?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...hoice.22580762

Of course, "neutral ground" in Hunspeak means "in Glasgow".

I hope we have plenty of hip-boots and shovels in store to clean up the The Rangers sections after that one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems ER isn't good enough for fat Ally. Would prefer a 60,000 seat stadium. I wonder which one he has in mind?

I hope we have plenty of hip-boots and shovels in store to clean up the The Rangers sections after that one.
    Never struck me as that fat when he was playing. just a bit square. The telly puts pounds on you too.
    Think it's since he stopped being an athlete?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Never struck me as that fat when he was playing. just a bit square. The telly puts pounds on you too.

Was he ever an athlete?

He'll be putting on the pounds over the next couple of months, though - LOI Christmas Parties and Burns' Suppers.

First Team Breakthrough Jonny1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jonny1875
    I think he forgets that its not a major tournament.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Was he ever an athlete?

He'll be putting on the pounds over the next couple of months, though - LOI Christmas Parties and Burns' Suppers.

League of Ireland Christmas parties? The Blue Order will be interested!

Gamer IDs

League of Ireland Christmas parties? The Blue Order will be interested!

I don't think too many Shamrock Rovers fans'll be at the parties Ally's going to.

More likely to meet Mason O'Boyne, I'd say.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    All I can see is more cash coming into ER, lets face it, IF any damage is done, they'll have to pay for it, and I'm sure well get a few quid in rent

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sp...oblem-1.147245

This was Oct 30th - contradicting himself?

April 6th is when the final takes place - according to our fixtures we play Aberdeen the day before on April 5th at home.

The thought of the yams playing there semi final and sevco coming to play at our stadium in the space of a few months -

Only positive is the money - any idea how much the club gets for hosting?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Has Sally demanded to know the names of those responsible for this decision yet?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Obviously the financial gain is a benefit, but I dont particularly want them coming to ER. Also, I imagine the exact reason they havent been given Celtic Park is the amount of damage they would do to it, so it isnt really a strange decision like McCoist is suggesting! If their fans would behave themselves there wouldnt be any of these problems.

He needs to stop eating telly's then

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Has Sally demanded to know the names of those responsible for this decision yet?

Sally KNOWS it's all Peter Lawell's fault. Fact. Check out some of the comments below the article - apparently Lawell models hi negotiating style on Joe Stalin - we know he must have been responsible because he left the meeting while the matter was being discussed (allegedly, in the overheated imagination of "William Scullion".

(Have you ever noticed that if you shout "Oi, Billy!" in Ibrox, every single head turns to look at you - even the women?)

Left by mutual consent!
    You're no the only one that would prefer it wisnae at ER you fat *** ****. I'd prefer never tae see your ****my club or ****my fans anywhere near ER ever again.

I'm sure most of the local residents would be delighted too if it was elsewhere so they wouldnae have tae clean up the piss, spew and broken glass from their stairs efter a visit fae the stick twirling, buckie swilling, blue carrier bag, jakey brigade.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Sally KNOWS it's all Peter Lawell's fault. Fact. Check out some of the comments below the article - apparently Lawell models hi negotiating style on Joe Stalin - we know he must have been responsible because he left the meeting while the matter was being discussed (allegedly, in the overheated imagination of "William Scullion".

(Have you ever noticed that if you shout "Oi, Billy!" in Ibrox, every single head turns to look at you - even the women?)
    Oh they have a serious chip on their shoulder when it comes to Lawell. They call him liewell. It's all rather cute.
    They believe he was the reason their club was liquidated.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    You're no the only one that would prefer it wisnae at ER you fat *** ****. I'd prefer never tae see your ****my club or ****my fans anywhere near ER ever again.

I'm sure most of the local residents would be delighted too if it was elsewhere so they wouldnae have tae clean up the piss, spew and broken glass from their stairs efter a visit fae the stick twirling, buckie swilling, blue carrier bag, jakey brigade.

Come on, Dan, don't beat about the bush - tell us how you REALLY feel about The Rangers fans.

Easter Road and Leith Walk will be a no-go area for the whole of that Sunday afternoon, and the stadium will be in tatters.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Hopefully Sally understands that the feeling is mutual, very strange choice that this odious creep is going to be in our stadium. His recent behaviour has exposed him for what he is and it isn't the cheeky chappy he used to wheel out for the amusement of Sue Barker and the other acolytes on Question of Sport. Just sorry he is Scottish.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The Old Firm get a "neutral" venue outside Glasgow for the first time in decades. Uproar.

Who cares what the manager of some 2nd division club thinks?

When they win a few trophies and play in the Premiership for the 1st time then they can start trying to dictate to people.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Am I the only one that thinks that he has a point, I'm sure Raith Rovers would've welcomed the additional 20-30k fans at £20 a ticket being split 50/50.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that he has a point, I'm sure Raith Rovers would've welcomed the additional 20-30k fans at £20 a ticket being split 50/50.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Testimonial Due
    Sadly for Super Babbly this is not a major tournament, the BIG clubs dont even play in it... It's merley a little cup so that one of the lower league teams can get a trophy each season other than winning their league.

a 20,000+ stadia is more than suitable for a final involving a Championship side and a lowly League 1 side....

In fact much rather than a 50/50 split I think the Championship side should be angling for more tickets here as they are quite obviously the bigger club

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Smacks of wishing no economic benefit to those who stood for sporting integrity.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

Raith chairman's on record as having no objections to the venue.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Ally McCoist's opinion is of no relevance in the modern Scottish game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Maybe Raith really fancy their chances of winning- not going to help that cause with another 30K Brain Donors baying for blood.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He should be grateful that the final of such a meaningless and diddy trophy has been afforded the luxury of playing at one of the best grounds in the SPL.

Left by mutual consent!
    They should give him his wish. And play it at Murrayfield.. we all know its Glasgow he really wants.

Anyone else notice that every time Sally is interviewed, he is always baffled, confused or bewildered about something ? Poor must chap lead his entire life in a total trance.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crewetollhibee View Post
    Anyone else notice that every time Sally is interviewed, he is always baffled, confused or bewildered about something ? Poor must chap lead his entire life in a total trance.
    Agree, there were certainly a lot of things he appeared to know nothing about during the collapse of the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.
    I personally don't mind him being in a trance so long is he is well west of Edinburgh he can be in whatever or whoever he wants. Not actually a good manager either.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I hope Hibs are planning to do something about protecting the East Terrace Stones from being damaged from the knuckle scrapers on the day.