hibs.net Messageboard

Celtic Park - Restricted View?

I'm making my first trip to Parkhead on Saturday, was wondering what the 'restricted view' seats are like?

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is a big pillar. You can usually see both goals, I think it restricts a bit of the view in the middle of the pitch.

Restricted would best sum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a big pillar. You can usually see both goals, I think it restricts a bit of the view in the middle of the pitch.
    Yeh, you can't really see the centre spot bit of the pitch. There is a telly you can watch it on though.

You can usually move about as well. I have moved seat the last few times I have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    You can usually move about as well. I have moved seat the last few times I have been there.
    Aye, from inside the stadium to inside the Brazilian bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Aye, from inside the stadium to inside the Brazilian bar.
    Allegedly!

You could probably ask to be re-located to section 111, some spare seats there I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilOrrSquareBa View Post
    You could probably ask to be re-located to section 111, some spare seats there I've heard.
    Ha! I like it.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    60,000 have a restricted view in that they cannot see past Martin O'Neill.

I first went to Celtc Park in 1982 and there was a restricted view even then.

Mainly because we lost 6-0 and I was watching most of the match with my hands over my eyes.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Defo best to avoid the restricted seat tickets. Save a few pound but really not worth it considering you can't see the centre of the pitch

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Defo best to avoid the restricted seat tickets. Save a few pound but really not worth it considering you can't see the centre of the pitch
    I disagree. The non restricted seats are at the front, too low down to really see the game. The restricted view seats are up high and you get a better view of the game, pillar permitting!

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Ticket office was only offering restricted view seats on Saturday. Not sure how many we will take though. Parkhead is probably the ground where I've seen us win least. I've got a good feeling about Saturday though.

It's a total joke that, in this day and age, a stadium like Parkhead has an area of the ground which Celtic openly admit has "restricted viewing"!

It's an even bigger joke that it will cost you £26 for the pleasure of sitting there.

It's scandalous that Celtic are allowed to get away with that.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Restricted view is pot luck. I've sat there and all that's been restricted was a tiny bit of the corner of the pitch then on the other hand I've been there and the full middle third of the pitch is blocked. In saying that the first ten or so rows are so shallow the view is awful from there too.

Celtic Park is a toilet - *****hole area that should be twinned with Beirut, and although it's massive it looks cheap, tacky and flimsy. Ibrox is 1000 times better.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller