hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should the home dugout move back to where it traditionally belongs

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - must be on the home fans side of pitch

13 46.43%
  • No - makes no difference. Tradition doesn't matter.

15 53.57%

Switch dugouts back to how they were a couple of years ago?

Reading another thread on the Forum about playing down the slope in the second half of games made me think about this.
    Not sure if it's ever been raised before but.................Get the home dugout back to where it belongs.

Colin Calderwood changed them, Butcher should bring tradition back and return the home dugout to be on the home fans side of the pitch - i.e. - nearest to the FF stand.

Never understood why Calderwood changed them in the first place but 'tradition is tradition' and for the 50+ years I've been going to ER, the Hibs dugout/technical area has always been on the Hibs' fans side - the left hand side if you're looking at the East stand from the West stand side.

Does anyone else agree?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading another thread on the Forum about playing down the slope in the second half of games made me think about this.
    Not sure if it's ever been raised before but.................Get the home dugout back to where it belongs.

Colin Calderwood changed them, Butcher should bring tradition back and return the home dugout to be on the home fans side of the pitch - i.e. - nearest to the FF stand.

Never understood why Calderwood changed them in the first place but 'tradition is tradition' and for the 50+ years I've been going to ER, the Hibs dugout/technical area has always been on the Hibs' fans side - the left hand side if you're looking at the East stand from the West stand side.

Does anyone else agree?
    Was it not Yogi who changed them? I quite like how it is now as I don't sit far from the away dugout....good banter at times ....

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    We got told during one of the stadium tours, the reason they swapped was due to where the 4th official sits ( seat attached to that side of the dug out)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree

I could be wrong but didn't Mowbray sit where the dugouts are now? Remember aguiar scoring and celebrating with his bench at the FF side of the tunnel... Then yogi moved it to be next to the fourth official... Then calderwood changed it back to where it is now.. Maybe to be able to shout at the lino who is at that side? Sure that's how I see it anyways

First Team Breakthrough
    Who cares? I can't say I've even noticed... Tradition obviously does matter, but this is not a tradition. It's just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I agree
    Thanks DD

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I could be wrong but didn't Mowbray sit where the dugouts are now? Remember aguiar scoring and celebrating with his bench at the FF side of the tunnel... Then yogi moved it to be next to the fourth official... Then calderwood changed it back to where it is now.. Maybe to be able to shout at the lino who is at that side? Sure that's how I see it anyways
    Must admit - don't recall them being switched as frequently as that over the past 5 years or so. Just always thought it was one of many things CC did that didn't make sense or work in his favour.

@hibs.net private member
    Stops the opposition bench influencing the linesman by being in their current position.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    We got told during one of the stadium tours, the reason they swapped was due to where the 4th official sits ( seat attached to that side of the dug out)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Jings!! That's a revelation.
    The 4th official sits down? Never seen that. They're forever pointing out that someone has stepped over the line of the technical area.
    It's a reason but not a very good one imo.
    Move them back to the way they were.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Must admit - don't recall them being switched as frequently as that over the past 5 years or so. Just always thought it was one of many things CC did that didn't make sense or work in his favour.
    I do know Mowbray sat where they are now... And I do know they were changed so that one of our managers could sit beside fourth official... So it must have been swapped back again for them to be where they are now.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Stops the opposition bench influencing the linesman by being in their current position.
    This is the reason IIRC.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    yes your spot on mowbray did use it were its at now.

I was just up from the away dugout on Saturday for a wee change (visiting from the East) and got myself a bit confused :-/

I thought it was Yogi that changed it so he could keep an eye on the opposition subs warming up.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I was just up from the away dugout on Saturday for a wee change (visiting from the East) and got myself a bit confused :-/

I thought it was Yogi that changed it so he could keep an eye on the opposition subs warming up.
    Yogi did change them and they were changed back after he left. He came up with some weird Yogi-ism as to why he changed them. I think most folk shrugged at the time but I can't remember what his reasoning was.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Yogi did change them and they were changed back after he left. He came up with some weird Yogi-ism as to why he changed them. I think most folk shrugged at the time but I can't remember what his reasoning was.
    This is how I remember it. They were the current way when both Collins and Mixu were in charge because they used to sit on the wee fence that was beside the tunnel IIRC. Yogi changed them and their was rumours he was going to put some sort of exercize bike down in front of the FF to help with warm ups?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    I think we should avoid confusing 'it was this way for a long time' with 'club tradition'.

Some footballers aren't the brightest so a five word plaque for inside the tunnel might say "Turn right at the end"
    This is how it feels

I prefer the TV cameras in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I prefer the TV cameras in the east.
    Agreed. It's traditional
    This is how it feels