hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

kicking the ball away

I lost count of the number of times Partick kicked the ball away when fouls were given against them today yet it took until well into the second half for the ref to do anything about it.

Contrast that with the urgency of the tit of a referee last week who couldn't book Cairney quickly enough for knocking the ball a few yards away. It's no wonder we question that Bawbag's integrity.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I lost count of the number of times Partick kicked the ball away when fouls were given against them today yet it took until well into the second half for the ref to do anything about it.

Contrast that with the urgency of the tit of a referee last week who couldn't book Cairney quickly enough for knocking the ball a few yards away. It's no wonder we question that Bawbag's integrity.
    I was thinking the same thing today. Surely rules like this aren't open to interpretation. Having said that though I'd opt for thompson's approach. I'd prefer players were booked for any sort of time wasting.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    All that's needed is consistency in the implementation of these rules.

We are never going to get that from the SFA or their chief muppet Craig Thomson.

I think last week would have been the final straw for those on .net who only question his poor standard of refereeing opposed to a bias against us

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    I was thinking the same thing today. Surely rules like this aren't open to interpretation. Having said that though I'd opt for thompson's approach. I'd prefer players were booked for any sort of time wasting.
    Except Craig Henry Edward Albert Thomson's approach is only applied when it's a Hibs player.

There is something to be said for a consistently strict approach which eliminates any discretion, and over time players will learn to adapt. In the short term though there would be squeals of outrage when players are booked for breaking the new rule.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Most of the Partick ones were "nothing" incidents, they didn't really hold things up and went really that bad, though it got more noticeable later in the game. I wouldn't have booked them for the early ones but I wouldn't have booked Cairney either. Still think his first booking last week was scandalous.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Most of the Partick ones were "nothing" incidents, they didn't really hold things up and went really that bad, though it got more noticeable later in the game. I wouldn't have booked them for the early ones but I wouldn't have booked Cairney either. Still think his first booking last week was scandalous.
    You hardly ever see a player getting booked for the incident that Cairney was involved in last week, unless they've done it on numerous occasions throughout the game and they've already been warned by the referee.

That didn't apply to Cairney.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    His first yellow last week looked like it was more down to the actions of the Ross county player waving his arms all over the place greetin, look what he did Mr thomson

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberņa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    All that's needed is consistency in the implementation of these rules.

We are never going to get that from the SFA or their chief muppet Craig Thomson.

I think last week would have been the final straw for those on .net who only question his poor standard of refereeing opposed to a bias against us

Any benefit of the doubt I gave him has vanished.