hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Which statement best describes the role that the Hibees club play in your life?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • I live and breathe Hibs

36 18.85%
  • Hibs comes second only to my family

83 43.46%
  • Following the Hibees is an important hobby of mine

55 28.80%
  • I can take or leave the Hibees depending on circumstances

14 7.33%
  • I only take a passing interest/keep an eye on the scores these days

3 1.57%
  • I'm not a Hibby but I keep an eye on what's-what at the club

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

How important are the Hibees in your life?

Interested in seeing how dedicted to the cause we are as a group.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I never bothered voting for one particular choice as over the years there have been times when I'd have fallen into numerous of the categories.

@hibs.net private member
    If I was to say you can always get another wife but not another Hibs it wouldn't even come close. GGTTH

other things are more important if im 100% honest.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never bothered voting for one particular choice as over the years there have been times when I'd have fallen into numerous of the categories.
    This.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    I used to think it was between Hibs and my wife , then i left her and realised nothing has changed

I wish I could get to more Hibs games but living in Stranraer and working the odd Saturday night make it really difficult.

Same for me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Exactly the same for me.

Can never fully understand how some folk get so distressed/enraged about a bunch of blokes of a similar age playing football.

Remember leaving the Ross county quarter replay where we lost in injury time and witnessing a man in his 40s booting a portaloo and in floods of tears. Not for me. Much more to life.

Love the good times, but can just laugh off the bad moments (you have to as a hibee)
    Last edited by hibeemikey21; 04-12-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Only 1 option for me there.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

other things are more important , infact most things are more important .. but if i have the choice to spend a saturday with the wife and kids , or goin to easter road , the hibees win every time

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Only 1 option for me there.....
    the last 1 ?

Everyone could say that I know in my teens it was the first one as travelled everywhere and often put hibs games above most thingsAs you mature and have family finances can dictate you can't then do that .However I could of paid off my mortgage years ago if I totted up what have spent on following hibs .Anyone who has read Fever Pitch will empathise with the authors views I can remember hibs scores related to when important things happened and family died They are always there and you have to take the rough with the smooth But while I would put myself in family comes first am sure my wife wouldn't agree

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    the last 1 ?
    Nearly.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Same for me.
    Yes, waiting for the "all of the above" option.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I've always supported Hibs but came to watching them from the terrace relatively late at 17.
    I also played rugby so was surprised just how deeply I cared for the club.

In 1990 my father passed suddenly in April and within a few months Hibs went through their darkest hour the knot in my stomach felt the same. The thought of losing Hibs was unbearable - that feeling caught me by surprised as I was not indoctrinated - my father was a rugby man but were 5/6 generation Leithers so must be in the genes...

I spent almost 10 years in London and would do anything to catch up with Hibs news (even buy the Daily Record as The Scotsman was only available in a couple of places. Then came the Hibs List, Erin Hibs/web Rivals and Hibs.net The advent of the internet my obsessions only got worse.

Whilst you get some sense of the size of our club from the net it was meeting folks from London Hibs - Brian, Kevin, Alex and Pat that It registered how big we are and how fanatically loyal our support can be. More recently I've also had the pleasure of meeting folks through LWT and Hibs.net, the Community Foundation that has brought me even closer to the club.

My Wife hates it ;) although it if hadn't of been for London Hibs and John Collins scoring that penalty I wouldn't have met her so it's not all bad (is it?)
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 04-12-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Other things in my life are now more important. I just can't justify the time it costs to go every week.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Exactly as it is for me .
    Over the last 73 years I have had a " roller coaster" ride of pleasure and despair but it has never teken over my life
    Will alwys be eternally grateful to the " Famous Five" for providing the entetainment and success in the 40/50's - unforgetable time
    Since then it has been , as I said , a "Roller Coaster"

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I've always supported Hibs but came to watching them from the terrace relatively late at 17.

In 1990 my father passed suddenly in April and within a few months Hibs went through their darkest hour the knot in my stomach felt the same. The thought of losing Hibs was unbearable - that feeling caught me by surprised as I was not indoctrinated - my father was a rugby man but were 5/6 generation Leithers so must be in the genes...

I spent almost 10 years in London and would do anything to catch up with Hibs news (even buy the Daily Record as The Scotsman was only available in a couple of places. Then came the Hibs List, Erin Hibs/web Rivals and Hibs.net The advent of the internet my obsessions only got worse.

Whilst you get some sense of the size of our club from the net it was meeting folks from London Hibs - Brian, Kevin, Alex and Pat that It registered how big we are and how fanatically loyal our support can be. More recently I've also had the pleasure of meeting folks through LWT and Hibs.net, the Community Foundation that has brought me even closer to the club.

My Wife hates it ;) although it if hadn't of been for London Hibs and John Collins scoring that penalty I wouldn't have met her so it's not all bad (is it?)

Interesting story?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    [/B]

Interesting story?
    Hazard a guess at Scotland v Brazil in 1998, and his wife is Brazilian?

Yes because its blatantly obvious right enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post

[/B]

Interesting story?
    Howdy bud - I too was at said match in Wells Street and I think we bought each other a few beers. We've met again since (I'm not one of the aforementioned reprobates in your post - I'm worse )

The next time you're in London, get yourself to Quinn's for some top notch scran.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Howdy bud - I too was at said match in Wells Street and I think we bought each other a few beers. We've met again since (I'm not one of the aforementioned reprobates in your post - I'm worse )

The next time you're in London, get yourself to Quinn's for some top notch scran.

Good evening sir.

Yes because its blatantly obvious right enough.
    I won't use you as my phone a friend then........

I won't use you as my phone a friend then........

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    In life there are other priorities but strangely Hibs remain a concern/love..

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

Hadn't realised we'd met Sergey! Turns out the London Hibs meeting venue of 98 (The Holyrood) was the local of The Callan School of English hence OUR pub being bedecked with Brazilian colours...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Correct - a bit of a clue is in the name Hermit. Penalty scored, Scotsman in kilt celebrates in front of Brazilians in bar and catches the eye of future wife ("I don't know what your name is but I know what your bum looks like" ;))

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Couldn't really decide on any of the options, my perspective on how important football was to me was changed for ever in 89. The passion to go to matches is as strong as ever, the effect the result has on me has dimmed over the years.

I do kinda 'live and breathe Hibs', every day I can't wait for the next game, my next one is Celtic due to exams but already counting down the days. Only reason I never put that is because family does come first, but only if it's really really important.